Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Guest sugarmeg

Tau Interior

Objectively if a job is not well done, feedback and get it rectified.

Not satisfied, don't take it during HO.

Withold payment. At the end of the day, customers still haf bargaining power but it's the style of negotiating.

Understanding the neurolinguistics of human will help us understand that diff ppl react to diff style of communication.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Closing words

Getting depressed now as did not realise all the defects till I start listing them and seeing them in pictures again, reminded me of the experience.

Unfortunately, I need to move to the new place. With kids and old parent, rectification that requires removing and re-doing it near impossible after shifting in. If the re-doing is going to end up worst, I rather they don't touch it further.

Guest careBnet
Objectively if a job is not well done, feedback and get it rectified.

Not satisfied, don't take it during HO.

Withold payment. At the end of the day, customers still haf bargaining power but it's the style of negotiating.

Understanding the neurolinguistics of human will help us understand that diff ppl react to diff style of communication.

yes i agreed,

why cant she/he refer to kel about the matter.and get it rectified.instead. call kel and arrange.

confident w/kel will respond to it.just only time

care

merry christmas to you, 6969 and etc....

Edited by careBnet

yes i agreed,

why cant she/he refer to kel about the matter.and get it rectified.instead. call kel and arrange.

confident w/kel will respond to it.just only time

care

merry christmas to you, 6969 and etc....

I'm too another extremely disappointed customer of kel, yuen yuen case of delaying handover applies to me too.....not only that, empty promises were made on the reno schedules by him, same thing happens after countless times of feedback. eg. promise a list of things will be done between mon to fri, but when we drop by after work...some of the days nothing was done. our old furnitures are currently stored in a warehouse with storage cost n expenses are accumulating due to his delayment.....he knows abt it too...but so wat.....progress still as slow as snails..... some of the things ask him to remove, nvr remove, instead remove those that shouldnt be remove. everything jus say no prob, but jus empty shells....

poor coordination between him and his workers. workers hired by him are not professional, i.e cigs butts are everywhere in the hse before tiling...wonder if they tile in the cig butts inside too...toilet bowls were seal n stated 'do not use' however, seals were broken n used, plus not flush....

there are still many other more ....will be taking the pictures n post it soon....as an ID, he should coordinate the workers to ensure everything are on schedule....if an ID cant fulfil tat basic thing, i might as well read up the yellow pages n coordinate everything myself...by then might have been fully completed long time ago....if an ID coy doesnt have that kinda of appetite n resources, it should not take in so many projects...it will jus back fire n damage its reputation....

Guest careBnet
I'm too another extremely disappointed customer of kel, yuen yuen case of delaying handover applies to me too.....not only that, empty promises were made on the reno schedules by him, same thing happens after countless times of feedback. eg. promise a list of things will be done between mon to fri, but when we drop by after work...some of the days nothing was done. our old furnitures are currently stored in a warehouse with storage cost n expenses are accumulating due to his delayment.....he knows abt it too...but so wat.....progress still as slow as snails..... some of the things ask him to remove, nvr remove, instead remove those that shouldnt be remove. everything jus say no prob, but jus empty shells....

poor coordination between him and his workers. workers hired by him are not professional, i.e cigs butts are everywhere in the hse before tiling...wonder if they tile in the cig butts inside too...toilet bowls were seal n stated 'do not use' however, seals were broken n used, plus not flush....

there are still many other more ....will be taking the pictures n post it soon....as an ID, he should coordinate the workers to ensure everything are on schedule....if an ID cant fulfil tat basic thing, i might as well read up the yellow pages n coordinate everything myself...by then might have been fully completed long time ago....if an ID coy doesnt have that kinda of appetite n resources, it should not take in so many projects...it will jus back fire n damage its reputation....

hi,

have feed back to kel. anyway let put in this way that what i understand from him.no matter what,he still respond to you guy.didnt he is a respondsible ID.did he MIA? did he excuse himself from defect.let open up your heart how kel treat you all client. i understand of some delay. yes, he is in the fault but did he say irrespondsible wording to excuse himself.yesterday i went down to his show room to give him our christmas gift.As i can see he is in a very tired look and rushing off without got ever have half an hour conversation with him.If have choose him, why not to support him and give him more time.Let open up your heart to speak up how kel treat you client.He is just doing his task to fulfil everyone.Me as his client or friend is not very important now. at least i know he is all in for his client, end up he got this kind of comment.

let open you heart and refresh back.

we should support our choice.

is matter of time rather then MIA

* defect call him to clear it.( small issue)

*let him know to his workmanship to improve it while doing the defect(small issue)

*time given to complete rather then ID mission in action and be come searching for ID(small issue)

* renovation will have all this tiny peanut problem, just flush the bowl and solve it.

*give and take.

*cigt butt. (will have)

all above issye is what i face also, but i dont think is a very big issue to bring kel down to the bottom of earth.

we call and highlight to him, then all problem solve.

* main problem is ID missing in action, that you not ever got the mood to comment.

solve it...

care

Edited by careBnet

Not MIA, can deliver on time, responsible, keeping to promises, with good workmanship are not mutually exclusive, they can exist together and all home owners look for the above criteria all roll into one. Yes, he is not MIA but if picking up calls but don't keep promises, people will just be as upset, it doesn't lessen the frustration.

I am different. If my choice is wrong, why do I still want to support my choice. I rather cut loses.

For anyone after seeing my pictures and think they are peanuts. Then I rest my case as to my they are coconuts that can't be flush.

Give him more time. I have given him 3 weeks extra before HO and 5 weeks after HO for him to delivery his final promises. still outstanding. Did you put yourself into my shoes instead or you must be a super patient friend who can wait for more than 3 months.

Guest careBnet
Not MIA, can deliver on time, responsible, keeping to promises, with good workmanship are not mutually exclusive, they can exist together and all home owners look for the above criteria all roll into one. Yes, he is not MIA but if picking up calls but don't keep promises, people will just be as upset, it doesn't lessen the frustration.

I am different. If my choice is wrong, why do I still want to support my choice. I rather cut loses.

For anyone after seeing my pictures and think they are peanuts. Then I rest my case as to my they are coconuts that can't be flush.

Give him more time. I have given him 3 weeks extra before HO and 5 weeks after HO for him to delivery his final promises. still outstanding. Did you put yourself into my shoes instead or you must be a super patient friend who can wait for more than 3 months.

hi

for my time was given to him is very flexible.As i know problem that i highlight to him, without fail to completed. so did he miss out any of your items and before you say he break the promise.I mean every one is very standard, promise is not granted during HO. i dont think you will clear his final payment. if you support him or tau, you should feedback them and ask them to come back for the finally problem, i mean solve the problem then hesitrate on the problem.so clear the problem then bring him below the earth.I dont he done any thing serious for us to treat him in this way, and crack behind him. right.paitent is not but understanding may be, no point pressure him.understand from heart ,he is doing his work,why to we need to push it through the end.if iam in your shoes, i will call him,to finish the defect. rather then making him down the earth.at least, defect completed we gain friendship and happy without defect.if he dont keep promise i dont think you will move in by now.

advice and pls think back, i mean if kel know,he will be very sad.

solve it

care

serious case you dont ever got the chance to see coconut, my dear friend.

Edited by careBnet

I am not trying to bring down anyone but providing my experiences with them and how I feel. I also want to share the workmanship and other stuff and if anyone still engaged them, don't blame past clients that we did not mentioned it.

I am feeling upset that no forumers mentioned the pro and con of using them in the forum given the LONG list of clients who sign-up. I only found out about the workmanship and late HO when I PM quite a few clients when I face problem.

yuenyuen, thanks for sharing. It's indeed very helpful for people like me who come into this forum looking for good ID to do up the house. From the photos, it's really bad! I'm really sorry after knowing what you had went through for your renovation.

I have been reading up this forum since one month ago trying to shortlist a few ID for my new house and i must admit Tau Interior is one of my choice after reading so many good comments. But looking at the photos, guess i better think twice. There seems to be quite a few popular ID in this forum who used to be good but standard drop drastically after getting more business. Maybe those friends of Tau can feedback to Kelvin? I'm sure Tau used to be good thats why some will support and defend him fiercely but photos really do speak louder than words in this case.

yuenyuen, thanks for sharing. It's indeed very helpful for people like me who come into this forum looking for good ID to do up the house. From the photos, it's really bad! I'm really sorry after knowing what you had went through for your renovation.

I have been reading up this forum since one month ago trying to shortlist a few ID for my new house and i must admit Tau Interior is one of my choice after reading so many good comments. But looking at the photos, guess i better think twice. There seems to be quite a few popular ID in this forum who used to be good but standard drop drastically after getting more business. Maybe those friends of Tau can feedback to Kelvin? I'm sure Tau used to be good thats why some will support and defend him fiercely but photos really do speak louder than words in this case.

X2 to this.

I have been reading this forum for ID/Contractor info and based on forumers feedback, definitely Tau is one of my shortlist esp when I stay in Tampines area. My frequent calls to Kelvin being unanswered probably because of his busy schedule, make appt to go down to his office 15/10, took a day leave to do that and he fly me aeroplane and got attended by another person, Thomas, who promise me a quote within the weekend but it has been 2 mths now, no single quote from Tau even after at 6 sms to kelvin to remind him about the quotation, each time he promises to get back to me but NEVER.

Having seen the horrible workmanship in photos here really make me feel good that he did not respond to my quote, otherwise I may have to go thru the agony of YuenYuen here which I know is painful, spend money yet get such a job.

I think what Kelvin or Tau should do is not to over commit to too many jobs at one time, losing focus. In another words, dont eat more than you can stomach. In the long term, words get around and it will do more harm to their business.

To those who have got a good reno job from Tau in the past, you should view any negative feedback as impt as praises Tau have got here. Only with negative comments from their customers, they will be able to improve. However, if Tau or the supporters here continue to slam anyone here who do not give good comments, you are actually doing more harm to Tau.

My 2 cents only.

hi,

have feed back to kel. anyway let put in this way that what i understand from him.no matter what,he still respond to you guy.didnt he is a respondsible ID.did he MIA? did he excuse himself from defect.let open up your heart how kel treat you all client. i understand of some delay. yes, he is in the fault but did he say irrespondsible wording to excuse himself.yesterday i went down to his show room to give him our christmas gift.As i can see he is in a very tired look and rushing off without got ever have half an hour conversation with him.If have choose him, why not to support him and give him more time.Let open up your heart to speak up how kel treat you client.He is just doing his task to fulfil everyone.Me as his client or friend is not very important now. at least i know he is all in for his client, end up he got this kind of comment.

let open you heart and refresh back.

we should support our choice.

is matter of time rather then MIA

* defect call him to clear it.( small issue)

*let him know to his workmanship to improve it while doing the defect(small issue)

*time given to complete rather then ID mission in action and be come searching for ID(small issue)

* renovation will have all this tiny peanut problem, just flush the bowl and solve it.

*give and take.

*cigt butt. (will have)

all above issye is what i face also, but i dont think is a very big issue to bring kel down to the bottom of earth.

we call and highlight to him, then all problem solve.

* main problem is ID missing in action, that you not ever got the mood to comment.

solve it...

care

Care,

I'm not siding anyone, but i seriously feel that you are supporting Kelvin blindly. I don't think that yuenyuen or anyone else is wrong to list out their dissatisfaction here. If this thread only allows positive comments, and negative comments will be slammed, then this thread becomes a scam. It will defeat the purpose of this forum.

You have the right to give your full support to Tau, but you can't expect anyone else to support them like you do.

As customers, we have the right to expect reasonable turnaround time, and quality service/products. We are customers, not friends or fans of Tau. As Eugela said, if Tau or the supporters here continue to slam anyone here who do not give good comments, you are actually doing more harm to Tau.

Care,

I'm not siding anyone, but i seriously feel that you are supporting Kelvin blindly. I don't think that yuenyuen or anyone else is wrong to list out their dissatisfaction here. If this thread only allows positive comments, and negative comments will be slammed, then this thread becomes a scam. It will defeat the purpose of this forum.

You have the right to give your full support to Tau, but you can't expect anyone else to support them like you do.

As customers, we have the right to expect reasonable turnaround time, and quality service/products. We are customers, not friends or fans of Tau. As Eugela said, if Tau or the supporters here continue to slam anyone here who do not give good comments, you are actually doing more harm to Tau.

Well said! :)

Beruang

If you had mentioned or hinted about the quality of the carpentry, I might have second thoughts.

Hi YuenYuen,

It wasn't my intention to hide the fact or mislead anyone in this forum. If you back track my posting in this forum, I had mentioned that I was going to post the completion + some pros & cons about Tau ID. Unfortunately I was very very busy thereafter. I planned to move right after hungry ghost month ended but due to some rectification I had to re-arrange a lot of things (furniture delivery, my old furniture moving, cleaning etc), not to mention with office work. So I didn't have much time to post comprehensive review (which I planned before), except for replying PMs from some forummers here. Anyway at that time nobody ever asked me the completion. If there is, I would of course give my objective answer. Honestly, in your early renovation messages Kelvin treated you better than me(e.g. he gave you a few design even before you signed up with him where I had to chase him for design several times after I signed up). So, why I should I be "kay poh" pm-ing/warning anyone who used Tau id after my renovation? It could be that I was just a bit "suay" having to deal with their carpenter and cleaner :(

Cheers

Edited by beruang.ndut

Previously, you requested to see some of the joint lines I had, so I have posted them already.

Take a look. If they are straight and neatly done, even if they are black, I am reasonable and will accept them, but they did not cut the laminate straight and end up I have crooked black joint line and most of the corners were chipped off (like my girl shelves and my bed).

Yes, I've seen it. I've even mentioned it to Kelvin when he helped me patching up my wall (due to my own fault) but I had impression that the problem has been solved. That's why I pm-ed you asking how your renovation progress was and actually 1 or 2 days after that tried pm-ing the reply but failed due full inbox. And it's not that I don't put myself in your shoes as well. I too have faced several problems during rectification.

E.g. Rectification 1 : Installation of the shelf above basin (if any of you noticed the bathroom photo, the shelf was not installed yet). I tried to remember the conversation as much as I can without trying to add/remove anything.

Me : Kelvin, so when will your men coming down to install the shelf?

Kel : Oh, No problems. How about this evening after your office hour?

Me : Oh yes sure. Thank you.

The carpenters didn't come. I waited until half an hour after the agreed time.

Me : Kel, so what time will your man come?

Kel : Ha? They haven't come???? Let me check. I'll get back to you ASAP.

After that he really got back to me immediately, apparently his carpenters had problems with their car so the installation was re-arranged to the next day.

Next day

I was coming home around 10 minutes later than the agreed time and found nobody in front of my flat.

Me : (calling Kelvin) Kelvin, sorry I was late just now. Have your carpenters come down? They can come in now.

Kel : They should've been there. OK I'll call them now.

5 minutes later

Kel: (with paiseh tone) Rrrr.. sorry they were there just now but nobody opened the door so they went for dinner first and would be back soon.

Me: ... .. I see (speechless).

Waited for 1 hour zz and finally they came with a shelf with wrong color!!! @%$@%$@^$ :bangwall:

However as I said, other than that, I am very satisfied with their other work (hacking, tiling, piping, wiring and painting). They are of good workmanship and (luckily) my kitchen cabinet was done very neatly as well. As for my bathroom vanity, I consider I am "suay" :(.

I myself would most probably engage them for my common bathroom renovation plus several minor renovation (maybe around end of next year). For carpentry, since I am still "traumatic" with them, currently I just engage direct carpenters for a few small carpentry work in my common rooms. Fortunately, the result was above my expectation without having to vomit blood though I still hope Tau can improve their services so that I don't have to go to separate sub -cons to do all of those.

So that's all my long winding explanation. Disclaimer: I have neither family/friend relation with Tau nor grudge against their carpenters (so for Kel's supporter, please don't slam me because of 20% of my negative feedback :P )

Happy New Year!!

Cheers,

Yes, I've seen it. I've even mentioned it to Kelvin when he helped me patching up my wall (due to my own fault) but I had impression that the problem has been solved. That's why I pm-ed you asking how your renovation progress was and actually 1 or 2 days after that tried pm-ing the reply but failed due full inbox. And it's not that I don't put myself in your shoes as well. I too have faced several problems during rectification.

E.g. Rectification 1 : Installation of the shelf above basin (if any of you noticed the bathroom photo, the shelf was not installed yet). I tried to remember the conversation as much as I can without trying to add/remove anything.

Me : Kelvin, so when will your men coming down to install the shelf?

Kel : Oh, No problems. How about this evening after your office hour?

Me : Oh yes sure. Thank you.

The carpenters didn't come. I waited until half an hour after the agreed time.

Me : Kel, so what time will your man come?

Kel : Ha? They haven't come???? Let me check. I'll get back to you ASAP.

After that he really got back to me immediately, apparently his carpenters had problems with their car so the installation was re-arranged to the next day.

Next day

I was coming home around 10 minutes later than the agreed time and found nobody in front of my flat.

Me : (calling Kelvin) Kelvin, sorry I was late just now. Have your carpenters come down? They can come in now.

Kel : They should've been there. OK I'll call them now.

5 minutes later

Kel: (with paiseh tone) Rrrr.. sorry they were there just now but nobody opened the door so they went for dinner first and would be back soon.

Me: ... .. I see (speechless).

Waited for 1 hour zz and finally they came with a shelf with wrong color!!! @%$@%$@^$ :bangwall:

However as I said, other than that, I am very satisfied with their other work (hacking, tiling, piping, wiring and painting). They are of good workmanship and (luckily) my kitchen cabinet was done very neatly as well. As for my bathroom vanity, I consider I am "suay" :(.

I myself would most probably engage them for my common bathroom renovation plus several minor renovation (maybe around end of next year). For carpentry, since I am still "traumatic" with them, currently I just engage direct carpenters for a few small carpentry work in my common rooms. Fortunately, the result was above my expectation without having to vomit blood though I still hope Tau can improve their services so that I don't have to go to separate sub -cons to do all of those.

So that's all my long winding explanation. Disclaimer: I have neither family/friend relation with Tau nor grudge against their carpenters (so for Kel's supporter, please don't slam me because of 20% of my negative feedback :P )

Happy New Year!!

Cheers,

Yes,agree with u .Completed my reno with them around mid Oct till nw sitll gt some recitication work with them.The carpentary works were far away from my expectation leaving all the gap behind as i need gt putty to fill it back myself.One of my wardrobe drs had been dismantle and install back for 3 to 4 times but still can't gt it right due to warp.They try to smoke me saying that it desgin fault it shouldn't desgin in this way.(In my mind u as a carpenter u know that the desgin gt problem u shouldn't make it in the first place) I told them its the timber warp but they dead dead also don't change new pieces.Dealing with them make me feel tired.