Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
frostyflake

Kitchen And Wardrobe System

I guess I'm a very primitive person and my idea of kitchen cabinets and wardrobe are just rows and rows of shelves and planks or poles for your to put and hang stuff.

But I found out that there are these so called 'system' for kitchen and wardrobe... blum.. poliform.. alumix etc etc.. I am really confused here. I tried reading them up and still confused :good:

Can any kind souls here tell me what are these systems, and what's so special or different about them??? Can't the carpenter do the same thing? Why do people go for these systems?? :(

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

kitchen cabinets are simply that - kitchen cabinets

made of plywood usually and a countertop installed to make the working area more hardy

to make it more user friendly, soft-closing / smooth running drawer runners (the thing that helps the drawer coming out and going back) are used

in olden days, the drawer simply runs with the cut-out on the drawer fitting with the protruding wooden piece on the cabinet

there are also soft-closing hinges for doors

the more well-known brands are blum, hettich, hafiele and a local brand which i suddenly don't remember

for wardrobe, it's also simply wardrobe

there's the conventional wooden wardrobe which comes with either a sliding door or casement door (pull open push shut kind)

then there's the pole system, when shelves and drawers are held up by poles instead of wooden planks

the suppliers for pole systems include alumix, ximula, ikea and many others

hope it helps a little :(

ohhhhhh... so it's like that... thanks apple, it helps a lot, not a little!:( At least now I dun feel that mountain turtle !!

I can see the usefulness for the kitchen ones.. but hor for the wardrobe.. hmm what are the advantages of using the pole over the conventional wardrobes? Save space :good: or for aesthetic purpose??

the pole system is far more flexible than the conventional wardrobe

coz your needs change overtime and you can adjust the position of the shelves on the pole

e.g. now used by child so shelves all positioned low, as child grow up shelves can be pushed higher :rofl:

also, you can dismantle the pole system and bring it over to your new home

whereas you can't do the same for the conventional wardrobes

also, you need a carcass for conventional wardrobes

but you can just set up the pole system anyway (as long as you are not afraid of dust :P )

kitchen cabinets are simply that - kitchen cabinets

made of plywood usually and a countertop installed to make the working area more hardy

to make it more user friendly, soft-closing / smooth running drawer runners (the thing that helps the drawer coming out and going back) are used

in olden days, the drawer simply runs with the cut-out on the drawer fitting with the protruding wooden piece on the cabinet

there are also soft-closing hinges for doors

the more well-known brands are blum, hettich, hafiele and a local brand which i suddenly don't remember

for wardrobe, it's also simply wardrobe

there's the conventional wooden wardrobe which comes with either a sliding door or casement door (pull open push shut kind)

then there's the pole system, when shelves and drawers are held up by poles instead of wooden planks

the suppliers for pole systems include alumix, ximula, ikea and many others

hope it helps a little :yamseng:

hi ms apple..

any local address of the above mentioned brands(blum, hettich, hafiele, alumix, ximula) where i cld view their product? ikea i no prob... :good:

paiseh, i'm not sure where you can view their products

only know alumix is around toa payoh area

then classic kitchen (tg katong complex), heirloom (along balestier) and seng kwong (defu lane) uses hettich or hafele :yamseng:

hi ms apple..

any local address of the above mentioned brands(blum, hettich, hafiele, alumix, ximula) where i cld view their product? ikea i no prob... :yamseng:

Alumix and Ximula are the same company. They are going to be under this company call Besglas soon.

Main Office: Blk 2 Toa Payoh Ind Park #01-1401 S319054

Showroom: 2 Jurong East St 21 Unit L3-11 IMM Building S609601

Got the address off my invoice. Heehee...I went to their office at TP and they got display there too.

Hey Keltong,

What did you get from them? We're thinking of a pole system wardrobe too, it is actually more cost effective than normal wardrobe, and cooler :yamseng:

cheers!

Alumix and Ximula are the same company. They are going to be under this company call Besglas soon.

Got the address off my invoice. Heehee...I went to their office at TP and they got display there too.

Keltong can advise the price?

Apple, can advise if Hafele or Hettich is more ex?

thanks

Depending on the interior fittings and door (got 1 or 2 types more expensive), my 6ft was about $1400.

paiseh, i'm not sure where you can view their products

only know alumix is around toa payoh area

then classic kitchen (tg katong complex), heirloom (along balestier) and seng kwong (defu lane) uses hettich or hafele :)

thanks applef n keltong~! :dancingqueen: .. for ur prompt reply.. guess this forum r popular due to helpful pple like u all ard.

When i was at a motorcycle forum.. some r less helpful than u pple r now.. search n read urself.. which can b back dated to years back :dancingqueen:

thanks again

Apple, can advise if Hafele or Hettich is more ex?

thanks

paiseh can't really help you there coz i'm using blum for my drawers

paid $60 per drawer for the soft closing runners

try to check with your contractors as they are the ones with the lobang :notti:

thanks applef n keltong~! :sport-smiley-004: .. for ur prompt reply.. guess this forum r popular due to helpful pple like u all ard.

When i was at a motorcycle forum.. some r less helpful than u pple r now.. search n read urself.. which can b back dated to years back :bangwall:

thanks again

you're most welcome

think we have gone through the pain of searching coz this forum the search function not very 'friendly'

and with people like ahnah, odie, mace helping us on the way

i felt we should reciprocate and pass on these information we learnt :yamseng:

Edited by applefreak

i used hettich soft closing system for drawers...

DSC_0378.jpg

we paid $650 for 7 big 2 small drawers... hope this helps.

applefreak - any photos for your blum drawers, we used hettich coz it was more affordable... but blum was our first choice!