Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jementa

Dishwasher

Is it me or there isn't much forum on dishwasher. Does this mean that not many ppl uses a dishwasher in this country compared to western countries?

I am looking for a compact dishwasher. Currently my company is using the Fisher and Paykel - DS605SS. Not only does it look good, the size is perfect for the job. It can also double as a dish storage if not used (the dirty dishes can go into the sink for later loading). The only problem with F&P (unconfirmed) where to buy and my guess is the price will be around the S$1k mark.....eeee... very steep compare to fridge and washing machine.

Previously in the land of Oz I have a floor standing dishwasher which is un-used because the capacity is so big that we seldom fill up to the top so wash with hand lor. So wasted.

Appreciate if anyone with a dishwashing machine to share share (especially the hubby whom needs to wash).

I guess many eat out for the purpose to avoid the dirty dish but with inflation, many might choose to eat at home to save money.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi, we've been using a Bosch dishwasher since about 2001. It's given us very good service so far. After 7 or so years there was a controller which started malfunctioning, and it had to be replaced. Bosch service is handled by a company called KITA if I remember correct, these guys are well trained and reliable (so far).

I am using a benchtop Bosch dishwasher. Very convenient, just chuck evrything in. However, each cleaning cycle will take like 3-4 hours depending on the setting use.

I am using a benchtop Bosch dishwasher. Very convenient, just chuck evrything in. However, each cleaning cycle will take like 3-4 hours depending on the setting use.

:jawdrop: 3-4hours....may i know isit use alot of electricity?

It depends upon which setting you use. A quick wash will take 30 mins. If you put in normal/economic wash, will take one and half to two hrs. Very soiled and oily may take 2+ hrs. If you use a combination of hot water wash more than 60 degrees, washing time will be lesser.

jementa,

We bought Bosch Free standing dishwasher for 1100+ at Best Denki, Ngee Ann city. When we hunted for DW, we finalised 2 models - Bosch and FP. Best denki had both at that time. But FP models were made in Thailand and we could see the metal is not so strong obviously. The Bosch model which I bought is Made in Germany and good Engineering. After we bought, Bosch service person came to house and demonstrated how to use and the advised what washing powders to use.

So far it's doing the job properly. If your utensils are not so oily and soiled, it works perfectly. If it's toooo soiled, you have soak and rinse (a pre-wash) before you put inside DW.

It depends upon which setting you use. A quick wash will take 30 mins. If you put in normal/economic wash, will take one and half to two hrs. Very soiled and oily may take 2+ hrs. If you use a combination of hot water wash more than 60 degrees, washing time will be lesser.

jementa,

We bought Bosch Free standing dishwasher for 1100+ at Best Denki, Ngee Ann city. When we hunted for DW, we finalised 2 models - Bosch and FP. Best denki had both at that time. But FP models were made in Thailand and we could see the metal is not so strong obviously. The Bosch model which I bought is Made in Germany and good Engineering. After we bought, Bosch service person came to house and demonstrated how to use and the advised what washing powders to use.

So far it's doing the job properly. If your utensils are not so oily and soiled, it works perfectly. If it's toooo soiled, you have soak and rinse (a pre-wash) before you put inside DW.

hi isit worth to use dishwasher?plan to have it cause my hand keep itchy everytime finish wash.

but need to consider in electricity wise :bangwall:

thanks

Skin problem

Have you checked with any dermatologist about your hands? Many years ago, I had a problem with washing too. It was so bad that the areas around the folds of the hands cracked. So painful. The dermatologist suggested that I should wear gloves to clean and also, prescription a rich hand cream which helped. I find wearing gloves rather difficult to wash dishes; can't feel if I have rinse the dishes properly. :( For a few years, when it comes to heavier washing, my husband would help out to soap the dishes and I'd do the rinsing; that lessen the problem with the itch. Now, we have a helper and that's easier as I only do the dishes when we have a party.

Dishwasher friendly metal filters

When we bought the hood, we were told that the 3 panels of metal filters are dishwasher friendly. Of all the things to wash, I find these metal filters the most difficult to tackle. Thus, we started looking for a compact dishwasher and found that the Fisher & Paykel Single Drawer D/washer DS605SS to be most ideal for our purpose.

Price

We bought the Fisher & Paykel Single Drawer D/washer DS605SS from Harvey Norman at $883 + $132 for the extended warranty. I think the recommended retail price is $978. If you pay cash, I think you might get even better pricing. We put our purchases on those zero percent interest installment repayment plans. By the way, we were quoted $909 for this dishwasher by another retailer.

Can't sing praises about it yet

Anyway, the dishwasher is still sitting in its box, awaiting for the kitchen cabinet to be done and for the plumber to be over to put it in place. Thus, I do not have any comments to contribute how good it might be. :)

:) KK

Skin problem

Have you checked with any dermatologist about your hands? Many years ago, I had a problem with washing too. It was so bad that the areas around the folds of the hands cracked. So painful. The dermatologist suggested that I should wear gloves to clean and also, prescription a rich hand cream which helped. I find wearing gloves rather difficult to wash dishes; can't feel if I have rinse the dishes properly. :( For a few years, when it comes to heavier washing, my husband would help out to soap the dishes and I'd do the rinsing; that lessen the problem with the itch. Now, we have a helper and that's easier as I only do the dishes when we have a party.

Dishwasher friendly metal filters

When we bought the hood, we were told that the 3 panels of metal filters are dishwasher friendly. Of all the things to wash, I find these metal filters the most difficult to tackle. Thus, we started looking for a compact dishwasher and found that the Fisher & Paykel Single Drawer D/washer DS605SS to be most ideal for our purpose.

Price

We bought the Fisher & Paykel Single Drawer D/washer DS605SS from Harvey Norman at $883 + $132 for the extended warranty. I think the recommended retail price is $978. If you pay cash, I think you might get even better pricing. We put our purchases on those zero percent interest installment repayment plans. By the way, we were quoted $909 for this dishwasher by another retailer.

Can't sing praises about it yet

Anyway, the dishwasher is still sitting in its box, awaiting for the kitchen cabinet to be done and for the plumber to be over to put it in place. Thus, I do not have any comments to contribute how good it might be. :)

:) KK

Wahhhhh ur reply is POWER man!!!!..... :notti::notti:

how so nice and wish all fsm willl reply like yours. it will be very very satisfied hahaha :sport-smiley-004:

thanks btw

Wahhhhh ur reply is POWER man!!!!..... :notti::notti:

how so nice and wish all fsm willl reply like yours. it will be very very satisfied hahaha :sport-smiley-004:

thanks btw

Pinky Elephant's belly clever clever too :notti::notti:

hi isit worth to use dishwasher?plan to have it cause my hand keep itchy everytime finish wash.

but need to consider in electricity wise :bangwall:

thanks

Before the "dishwasher days", my wife manually cleaned the utensils and she also complained abt irritation, but not much. I also used to help her and when I was tired felt like :curse::curse:

Nowadays I dun go near washing. IMHO, dishwasher is doing the job properly if your vessels are not too oily. In fact it's good for glass, porcelein and crystal wares. Very hygienic cleaning is a plus. For very soiled vessels, set at high temperature and high timing; ofcourse more electricity.

The inconvenience my wife complains nowadays is this. In DW you can't just throw in the vessels (Like cloth washing machine. It it's like that very good leh :sport-smiley-018::sport-smiley-018: ). You have to properly arrange your vessels in the decks with proper space management techniques and in proper water jet direction, then onli washing will be proper. You need to spend 5 to 20 minutes for this depending upon the number of vessels.

Reg. water consumption, Bosch service agent told us that DW will definitely take lesser water than manual washing. He rolled out some statistics in litres of water, sori forgot. Reg. electricity, I haven't noticed any big diff b4 and after.

Edited by MeToo

I using the Bosch benchtop, usually setting is 2, the water temp is 65C, if less soiled/oily setting 3, water temp is 50C, so I guessed electricity used maybe quite a bit, but not more so than other aplliances like washer/dryer aircon, coz the water used is not much.

But I love it, coz everything comes out squeeky clean, hot and dry. I would have bought the bigger free standing type, coz cost only few hundreds more but due to space constraint... :rolleyes:

Dear All,

I have a F&P dishwasher for sale. It came from my condo purchased. Nv really use that before only used as dish rack.

Model no is DD605SS. it;s a double rack.

Still under warranty until 25th April 2010. Hope to sell at $700 self collect.

Price is nego. Please email me at corliss82@hotmail.com

Thanks