darrenelle

It's Darrenelle's

btw, saw that you are considering a dryer in your blog

maybe you want to consider the rinnai gas heater now on promo

you can install it in the service yard above your washer :deal:

i have had a dryer for the past 10 years

can't imagine living without one

but it also depends on what kind of clothes you have

if it's all the delicate, hand-wash-only kind, then a dryer may not be practical :notti:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Erh forgot to ask u.. u got 2 or 3 burner?

currently is 3 burner. most likely will stick to it, after taking meaurement from you. :P

btw, saw that you are considering a dryer in your blog

maybe you want to consider the rinnai gas heater now on promo

you can install it in the service yard above your washer :deal:

i have had a dryer for the past 10 years

can't imagine living without one

but it also depends on what kind of clothes you have

if it's all the delicate, hand-wash-only kind, then a dryer may not be practical :notti:

thanks applefreak. I trying to google for what is a gas heater now... please pardon my bimbo-ness.

I read that a gas heater is a device to heat up the room or outdoor area. So what does a gas heater do to the WM and Dryer?

we have no place for dryer becoz during the cabinet installation, the carpentary guys forgot to leave the space for us to mount the dryer. hb tot too troublesometo redo the cabinets and got a handhand portable dryer for me instead.

but so far only used the portable dryer once. :P

Handheld portable dryer.. Guess, I really need to do more research. Thanks diva79.

Edited by darrenelle

oops i think i type one less word, it's gas water heater

basically it's a water heater but power by gas instead of electricity

for gas appliances, the gas pipe got to be ran to the appliance

so to mount the dryer in the service yard, the gas pipe got to run into the service yard :notti:

i bought it for $700 plus from courts.. hmm i cant remember whether mine is the 560 series. yup it goes back to the docking station. so far it has gotten stuck sometimes, when it went over our carpet corner and folded our carpet underneath it and it couldnt move at all. but we noticed that it will auto off after several unsuccessful attempts of releasing itself. so its ok. at least it wont keep vacuuming the stuck corner. but on the whole i think it works best if u have less furniture lor. ours is an EA so it has lotsa room to run around.

550 and above are all the same machine, diff by the accessories only. I'm using 550 and with the lighthouses bundled, it's able to clean individual sections properly. It's good if you just started to plan out your furnitures. If your house already stuck with many stuff, it's quite hard to maximize its potential :D

$700, i doubt it's so cheap for 560 locally. Anyway, I got mine from ebay for less than $450. Just need a transformers to run it. on it 24/7 and it will come out and vacuum itself once a day, based on the schedule. I dun need my dyson anymore hehe....you'll be surprised it's actually much better than magic clean! I never seen so much dust, especially the fine dust picked up by both my dyson and magic clean b4, but with Roomba, you're able to get much cleaner floor :D

is your carpet the heavy type? if it's not the heavy type then cannot lar.

Edited by tingshen

Come across floor planner from bluedusk's blog.

Decided to paint out 2 pictures for self reference, one in white floor tiles and the other in dark floor tiles.

Thinking that it will be the solution. How naive I can be. Ha.

Wall will remain white or light grey or ID says off white, regardless of colors of floor tiles. Personally, I prefer white wall lah, mr bf likes it light grey. :wacko::wacko:

Picture5.jpg

Picture6.jpg

By the way, everything not to scale.

Edited by darrenelle

Today, we finally sat down with Steven and went through a thorough discussion.

We have seen the more satisfying 3D drawing and made the necessary amendment. Also, we selected the laminates for the shoe cabinet, kitchen cabinet, one wardrobe and one vanity cupboard. We finalised the ceiling lightings and electrical points too. Last but not least the rooms doors. So we are left with the carpet and laminate floors.

According to Steven, the wall to make the MBR bigger and 2 panels of wall at study were hacked.

Mr bf and I am still considering over the floor tiles- now over black and grey. Yes, please bear with us. Anyway, tiling work should start next week after the Vesak Day PH. Yes!

Tomorrow, I will be looking at some wallpapers. :)

Yoyo... haha... choosing tiles super headache right? I also went from pure white theme to pure black theme now. Black wall, black floor.... chiong sua already.... :)

I hope to start my reno soon... waiting for the wall hacking permit to be approved then we can start to HACK HACK HACK! Woohoo!!!

Looking forward to see more pictures from you!

Yoyo... haha... choosing tiles super headache right? I also went from pure white theme to pure black theme now. Black wall, black floor.... chiong sua already.... :)

I hope to start my reno soon... waiting for the wall hacking permit to be approved then we can start to HACK HACK HACK! Woohoo!!!

Looking forward to see more pictures from you!

Yeah, saw your blog with the beautiful designs. So bold!

Will try to post some soon =)

The 3D drawings have arrived....

1) MBR toilet

The rustic tiles is not exactly black. I would say this 3D drawing kind of fail me as the tiles colors and effects are not true. Nope, we are not going to change the tiles though.

mbath_STEVEN_299b_b.jpg

2) Foyer

The foyer would be raw. Also, the panel of wall where the door is, all except the ceiling. I see that the door is ugly. I must try to convince Mr Bf to use just a normal glass door. Other than that, I am quite satisfied with the shoe cabinet.

shoe_STEVEN_299b_b.jpg

3) The TV Console.

It is swiveled. Nothing to wow about, it's just another console. Behind, you see the carpeted platform for game fever. We should have one drawing of it which I think he missed it out in the email.

tv_STEVEN_299b_b.jpg

4)

He missed out another drawing in the email again. 8| Below is one side of the kitchen. It's like a mini island, as a work top and breakfast area.

KIT_STEVEN_299b_b2.jpg

5)

This red feature will be gone. It's a silly idea of mine. Thought we could have a sudden strong feature

somewhere. Didn't expect Steven will include it. Ha. Anyway, we will featured the whole wall with wallpaper.

fea_STEVEN_299b_b.jpg

6) Guest Room Wardrobe.

The glass panel will be gone. The whole wardrobe will be in pearl white laminate. Keeping it as simple as possible.

bed2_STEVEN_299b_b.jpg

All 2cts worth comments are welcome. Now, we are still thinking what color floor tiles to use. white, black or grey? Black is definitely nice and modern. Our concern is that our original unit is not able to receive much lighting in the day, we are afraid it will dim the flat by alot. However, as you all can see from the drawing, we try to keep our furniture and wall in white colors except for sofa.

white homo matte tiles from soon bee huat may suit your theme perfectly. Its almost perfectly white with some shine. Abt $3.80 per tile so need to top up $$$.

I will have got them if I have the courage to do a white theme.

Off White homo tiles a bit passé but nonetheless safe choice.

Black gloss homo tiles ain't that nice IMO.

If you got $$$, black glaxy tiles really rocks.

Any samples for us to comment? I dun think I saw a grey homo tile before

I love your ceiling works btw, too bad mine was super simple despite bugging the ID.. LOL

white homo matte tiles from soon bee huat may suit your theme perfectly. Its almost perfectly white with some shine. Abt $3.80 per tile so need to top up $$$.

I will have got them if I have the courage to do a white theme.

Off White homo tiles a bit passé but nonetheless safe choice.

Black gloss homo tiles ain't that nice IMO.

If you got $$$, black glaxy tiles really rocks.

Any samples for us to comment? I dun think I saw a grey homo tile before

I love your ceiling works btw, too bad mine was super simple despite bugging the ID.. LOL

Hey, great minds think alike. We are looking into changing the tile to white homo tiles. Hafary has one at $3.80 which is the first we chose:- DSCF0826.JPG

It's almost pure white but definitely not off white yet. We will stick to white for all feature... maybe with mixture of light grey for a softer touch. Yah... i think that should look better.... the visual of it seemed more comfortable. Perhaps becos I have always love a white, airy and spacious home.

Thanks!

Hey, great minds think alike. We are looking into changing the tile to white homo tiles. Hafary has one at $3.80 which is the first we chose:- DSCF0826.JPG

It's almost pure white but definitely not off white yet. We will stick to white for all feature... maybe with mixture of light grey for a softer touch. Yah... i think that should look better.... the visual of it seemed more comfortable. Perhaps becos I have always love a white, airy and spacious home.

Thanks!

SBH has some nice grey tiles, very italian living look, but grey can make the place look very cold and industrial. However it's up to you lah, can balance with soft furnishings/carpets.

If you really want a whiter tile, you can try Taugres. There is a $3.50 white matt tile that is the whitest among all the samples I collected (LSH, Hafary, SBH, Hup Kiong). This was what I took eventually.

P.S. I'm with the same ID company but shhh! Don't tell them who teach you, I am the only one now who is using tiles from a few diff places so they will know who give them more trouble!!! :notti: