Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jeddie

My Babies' New Home In West Coast!

was told that i can start moving in the boxes on the 15th..and furniture delivery on the 19th jul....

they never really say when can handover to me lor....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

one word of advice....if you don't specify when you are going to move in, they will drag as long as they could.....

upset..upset..about the doors...

in my quotation, it was stated as

" to supply and install 3 nos. of nyatoh door frame (3ft by 7ft) at 3 bedrooms"

"to supply and install 3 nos. of nyatoh door (3ft by 7 ft) at 3 bedrooms

"to supply and install 1 set of fire-rated (half hour) door and frame (3 ft by 7 ft) at main entrance...

issue is, i find the door very light, and not as solid as my old hdb door...so asked the ID.

she told me that the doors are not solid, its hollow core nyatoh door...which i was very shocked as my impression of nyatoh doors are only solid....nothing else...which is why i didnt query her on the doors in the quotation....

imagine my main door is not solid wood....very upset...

upset..upset..about the doors...

in my quotation, it was stated as

" to supply and install 3 nos. of nyatoh door frame (3ft by 7ft) at 3 bedrooms"

"to supply and install 3 nos. of nyatoh door (3ft by 7 ft) at 3 bedrooms

"to supply and install 1 set of fire-rated (half hour) door and frame (3 ft by 7 ft) at main entrance...

issue is, i find the door very light, and not as solid as my old hdb door...so asked the ID.

she told me that the doors are not solid, its hollow core nyatoh door...which i was very shocked as my impression of nyatoh doors are only solid....nothing else...which is why i didnt query her on the doors in the quotation....

imagine my main door is not solid wood....very upset...

Hi Jeddie,

You are welcome to pop by my place to take a peep at our doors....we are fine with them....our quotation is the same as yours...it is just that we painted them black......

virgo

are your doors light? anyway, we managed to resolve at least the main door. She will remove the door, dun charge us, and we will get our own contractor to install it. she say her supplier dun have the HDB heavy duty doors...

virgo

are your doors light? anyway, we managed to resolve at least the main door. She will remove the door, dun charge us, and we will get our own contractor to install it. she say her supplier dun have the HDB heavy duty doors...

we didn't think so...maybe u wish to check with babytan too...as she is also using the same doors as us...

I wouldn't worry too much about joint lines on your laminate. Just ensure that the joint lines are at areas which aren't conspicuous (e.g., near the top, on the underside of cabinets etc). I didn't notice that I had a couple of those and it wasn't till I moved in for a week that I noticed it.

What I did to "hurry" my renovations was to actually move some stuff in and then start locking up rooms/doors that were completed. It was to send a strong signal to contractor to hurry up. I also told him that I wld change the lock on a stated date and did so.

pics update on carpentry...

MBR Wardrobe - missing black mirror...

IMG_2218.jpg

BR 2 wardrobe

IMG_2222.jpg

TV Console - still missing a 1.5m long shelving

IMG_2225.jpg

Kitchen

IMG_2220.jpg

they will be finishing up the carpentry items today...left only window grilles, glass, solid surface, kitchen backsplash, main door, toilet stuff, curtains, front grille...

everything should be done by the 18th july..and furniture and electrical applicances will be in on the 19th jul...

Edited by jeddie

hi jeddie,

wow,......more pix please.

i went to my hse last nite to take some pix,...later will try to download ;)

update, there is a big gap between my cooker hood (abt 4 - 5 cm) and the top cabinet....wonder what is that for? asked my ID and she say she will check and get back to me....

nyatoh door i think is hollow wan leh unless you specified SOLID nyatoh door and usually it will cost more..

ya my doors same as virgo as we using same ID ma..main door is solid and bedroom so called veneer door..

i felt that the doors a little light feeling and sounded hollow when we knocked..anyway i am not using the fire rated door also..

my cooker hood fit nicely with the top cabinet, no gap leh...unless your ID got the cabinet measurements wrong? :dunno: btw the hood can be further secured at the back onto the wall tiles so that it looks more "fitting" :yamseng:

nyatoh door i think is hollow wan leh unless you specified SOLID nyatoh door and usually it will cost more..

ya my doors same as virgo as we using same ID ma..main door is solid and bedroom so called veneer door..

i felt that the doors a little light feeling and sounded hollow when we knocked..anyway i am not using the fire rated door also..

my cooker hood fit nicely with the top cabinet, no gap leh...unless your ID got the cabinet measurements wrong? :dunno: btw the hood can be further secured at the back onto the wall tiles so that it looks more "fitting" :yamseng:

precisely..but my ID say that the backing cannot be cut already....at most she can only shift up the hood....irritaing, rite? imagine u will keep knocking onto the hood when u stand there...my hood is only 512 mm...

one problem with my ID is she likes to make assumptions based on her habits...

precisely..but my ID say that the backing cannot be cut already....at most she can only shift up the hood....irritaing, rite? imagine u will keep knocking onto the hood when u stand there...my hood is only 512 mm...

pls make known to her that she has to check with you before she proceed for the next tingy....or else she has to bear the responsibilities!!!! :furious:

pls make known to her that she has to check with you before she proceed for the next tingy....or else she has to bear the responsibilities!!!! :furious:

agree with virgo.

must make known to her that she has to check with you.... :furious:

huh your ID hor, duno wat to describe la :bangwall:

mine was not secure at the back at first and when we first looked at it and husband keep on knocking his head against it and he is just 1.68 tall hor..then my ID gave a push towards the back and surprisingly it "slip" in...to me it seem so dangerous that it is not secured so ID say can be done..and now is sui sui fixed in

you are the customer ma so she should discuss with you instead of making her own assumption..