Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ene

Dunlopillo Mattress - Comments?

Hi all,

I have been surfing this site to find out information about mattresses as we are in the process of acquiring one. Lots of information on the 3 "S" - Serta, Simmons and Sealy as well as King Koil, etc but I haven't been able to find much info on users of Dunlopillo mattresses.

We have been to the Dunlopillo Suite showroom at Furniture Mall and are 90% close to buying the showroom-only "Ambrosia" mattresses. Q-size Bed frame + Ambrosia mattress = S$2099 nett. We've been

Dunlopillo mattress users, are you out there? :yamseng:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

My dunlop mattress was a good buy. The padding is soft and comfy, but supports the spine well. We have been sleeping on it for 4 months, so far so good!

I got it at about $1100. !!

Hi Hi , I have been using the spinal care series for like 3 years now.

Its good reliable and gives good spinal support and rather hassle free in terms of cleaning and turning , stuff like that it holds up pretty well to abuse too... hee hee hee

!!

Hi Hi , I have been using the spinal care series for like 3 years now.

Its good reliable and gives good spinal support and rather hassle free in terms of cleaning and turning , stuff like that it holds up pretty well to abuse too... hee hee hee

!!

Hey, thanks so much for your positive feedback. I am going to purchase the mattress this weekend. Have tried loads and still like the one I tested at the showroom.

Now, just have to make a decision whether to get a King or a Queen. :dancingqueen:

Hey, thanks so much for your positive feedback. I am going to purchase the mattress this weekend. Have tried loads and still like the one I tested at the showroom.

Now, just have to make a decision whether to get a King or a Queen. :notti:

Im on dunlopillo too. the full latex millieum series for $4288. so far 3mth still gd.

the full latex millieum series for $4288

Wow. That is a lot of money to pay for a mattress! Then again, I saw a S$23,000 mattress at the Dunlopillo Suite at Furniture Mall. Just had to lie on it to see how it feels.

Hehehe. :bangwall:

I feel it always worth to pay more money for a good matress since 1/3 of your life is spend on sleeping.Other brands like Simmon, sealy ,serta do have more affordable range of $2000-$2500 which i feel already good enough.

Hi i also in the phase of looking for a mattress, just happen to stumble upon a name "biznet" on my new hse there.

i went to the showrm of tat place, and they are selling the same mattress i saw in DEFU funiture, but at a cheaper price and the guy told me if i can get a few buyer together he can even give me 5-10% discount.

The mattress i intend to buy is the princebed memoryform, defu is selling at $1499 and at biznet the guy quote me at $1299 only.

If any ppl here buying new mattress, pls pm me.

As i was hoping to get a few together so can have cheaper rate.

Thanks

Am sleeping on a Dunlopillo King-sized for the past 3 years. Good.

Before that, I was using Simmon. Better! After 10 years the Simmon bed is still in excellent condition.

I feel it always worth to pay more money for a good matress since 1/3 of your life is spend on sleeping

Yes, I totally agree with you.

Am sleeping on a Dunlopillo King-sized for the past 3 years. Good.

Before that, I was using Simmon. Better! After 10 years the Simmon bed is still in excellent condition.

That's what we are considering too, a King size.

Actually, we just returned from Furniture Mall's Dunlopillo Suite. We bought:

- Ambrosia mattress (12" King size)

- Bedframe (Arcadia, dark brown)

Cost is S$2599 nett

We managed to get the following thrown in:

- 2 white cloud pillows

- 1 bolster

- 1 King-size mattress protector

Also managed to a Visco pillow (those memory form type, like Tempur) for half price at $49 (instead of $98).

Phew. I am glad that I no longer need to do any more research on mattresses, etc. :dancingqueen:

actually can i know if latex is better? or pocket spring

Armani,

Most mattresses I have seen in the market that are within my budget either are pocket springs or bonnell (inner) springs.

Pocket springs are springs that are not connected to each other so when your partner tosses and turns, you won't feel it. It's like the Simmons commercial with the bowling ball. Bonnell springs technology is less advanced than pocket springs. The springs are connected. Because of that, mattresses that have inner/bonnell springs are cheaper.

Full latex mattresses are just made with latex with no springs at all. However, nowadays, most brands have mattresses that have a layer of latex on top of pocket or inner springs. It's like a layer of comfort on top of support. Natural latex prevents the proliferation of many bacteria and has a proven anti-mold effect.

At the end of the day, you have to try the mattresses to see which one you feel most comfortable with.

Hope this helps.

Pocket springs are springs that are not connected to each other so when your partner tosses and turns, you won't feel it.

I'd like to highlight something further. I think 'pocket springs' and 'individual pocket springs' are different? Someone correct me if I am wrong. A lot of mattresses on the market today are pocket springs, as with many years ago. But I believe individual pocket springs, only Simmons and Dunlopillo has it. At least this is what I gather from all my hours of research :D

Yes, I totally agree with you.

That's what we are considering too, a King size.

Actually, we just returned from Furniture Mall's Dunlopillo Suite. We bought:

- Ambrosia mattress (12" King size)

- Bedframe (Arcadia, dark brown)

Cost is S$2599 nett

We managed to get the following thrown in:

- 2 white cloud pillows

- 1 bolster

- 1 King-size mattress protector

Also managed to a Visco pillow (those memory form type, like Tempur) for half price at $49 (instead of $98).

Phew. I am glad that I no longer need to do any more research on mattresses, etc. :dancingqueen:

Hi may i know how is ur ambrosia mattress? Gd?