Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ene

Dunlopillo Mattress - Comments?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Yes, I totally agree with you.

That's what we are considering too, a King size.

Actually, we just returned from Furniture Mall's Dunlopillo Suite. We bought:

- Ambrosia mattress (12" King size)

- Bedframe (Arcadia, dark brown)

Cost is S$2599 nett

We managed to get the following thrown in:

- 2 white cloud pillows

- 1 bolster

- 1 King-size mattress protector

Also managed to a Visco pillow (those memory form type, like Tempur) for half price at $49 (instead of $98).

Phew. I am glad that I no longer need to do any more research on mattresses, etc. :dancingqueen:

Hi Ene,

We' were actually considering 4 Star mattress... but came across Dunlopillo and surprisingly they were cheaper than 4 Stars and firmer too....

Hows the Dunlopillo so far?

hi all,

recently bought a dunlopillo mattress " Lavender" from courts, cost SG2999 plus bed frame. first time buy + blur blur.

anyone hear this type of dunlopillo mattress before? please give comments

hi all,

recently bought a dunlopillo mattress " Lavender" from courts, cost SG2999 plus bed frame. first time buy + blur blur.

It depends what the bed contains. Some contain box type latex while some only contain one layer of thin latex. For more information you should visit dunlopillo website. Courts selling "Lavender" is exclusive to itself. So u have to check with Courts what is the bed configuration. N u should go try lie n test the bed urself if you like it just buy it.

Hi Ene,

We' were actually considering 4 Star mattress... but came across Dunlopillo and surprisingly they were cheaper than 4 Stars and firmer too....

Hows the Dunlopillo so far?

Dunlopillo is cheaper than 4 Stars model to model ? In fact, I was thinking of going to look at 4 Stars for a mattress.

hi all,

Me so regret to purchase the dunlop mattress from courts ... just want to share my experience to all ..

I have purchase the dunlop mattress lavender from courts .. after used 1 months + , i noticed on the left side ,some area got some "sink" and cant support my back . So i decided call to courts and get assistance . I have redirected to dunlop sg since the warranty is provided by local dunlop . However , i receive a poor response from them , no case number for u , doubt in your judegement . In short , they just trying to tell is not a product problem .. it was like that . Hey man .. they havent come to take a look and they give such statement. Im the one who sleeping for past 1 months , i can tell that sleeping at the left side got diff with the right side.

So in summaries , i just want to tell all the consumer .. the mattress warranty for 10 years or life time .. is just bull **** .. Just make sure u test it throughly when delivered the mattress .

Me didnt try it because i keep it after i move in to my new home . haiz which become a nightmare for me now.

Dunlopillo is cheaper than 4 Stars model to model ? In fact, I was thinking of going to look at 4 Stars for a mattress.

Consider this, 4 Star is made in Singapore, Dunlopillo is made in Vietnam, sure got price difference.

anyone have bought dunlopillo rouge chiffon at the Furniture Mall ?

Think of either buying of Ambrosia or Rouge chiffon different by $200. any feedback ?

Edited by blinklash

We just bought Dunlopillo's Finest Dreams mattress (king size) from Takashimaya yesterday. Great service by Khalid, the senior salesperson from Dunlopillo. Gave us lotsa good advice and tips about mattresses.

Finest Dreams is so luxurious! Thick pillow top of 4 inches, yet supportive and medium firm at the same time. Because of it's thickness (at 16 inches), it feels super luxurious like those mattresses in the hotels -- notice how hotel mattress are very thick and always very high? Same feel. Love it.

We were deliberating between the (New) Royal Premier which we saw at Furniture Mall, and Finest Dreams which is exclusive to Takashimaya.

- Royal Premier has the cashmere Outlast pillow top which is the biggest pull factor for us. But this is non-flip (meaning only one side has latex layer), and pillow top is only 3 inches.

- Finest Dreams won in terms of comparable comfort level, negative ion material, two layers of latex (hence mattress can be flip both sides), and thicker pillow top for extra plush! But no cashmere top which feels so soft!

We bought the bedframe with the mattress too. Khalid gave us a super good deal at $3149, including mattress, bedframe, four pillows (we exchanged the 2 latex/memory foam pillow for 4 normal pillows), a bolster, a mattress protector. Nett price. Great deal, if you ask me. :)

Finally, no more mattress shopping! The dust from the mattress shops have been giving me a runny nose every time we go mattress shopping! Ugh.

p.s. Do note that 16" mattress may not fit the normal king-size fitted sheets found commonly. Those fit up to 12-14" only. Just have to ask the sales persons selling the bed covers and tell them you need to fit 16" KING size mattress. Quite commonly found these days too. They'll advise you which range can fit. Look for those sheets that can fit at least 40cm in thickness/height. :)

I have just bought the Royal Premier as you mention, for $2999 nett. Comes with bedframe and 4 pillows, protector, and it fits the 14" bed set. Love the comfort. And no more flipping over. Had a hard time using the old mattress (got to flip every year). Hopes that it will last for 10 years.

Me so regret to purchase the dunlop mattress from courts ... just want to share my experience to all ..

I have purchase the dunlop mattress lavender from courts .. after used 1 months + , i noticed on the left side ,some area got some "sink" and cant support my back . So i decided call to courts and get assistance . I have redirected to dunlop sg since the warranty is provided by local dunlop . However , i receive a poor response from them , no case number for u , doubt in your judegement . In short , they just trying to tell is not a product problem .. it was like that . Hey man .. they havent come to take a look and they give such statement. Im the one who sleeping for past 1 months , i can tell that sleeping at the left side got diff with the right side.

So in summaries , i just want to tell all the consumer .. the mattress warranty for 10 years or life time .. is just bull **** .. Just make sure u test it throughly when delivered the mattress .

Me didnt try it because i keep it after i move in to my new home . haiz which become a nightmare for me now.

I had the same experience. I bought the dunlop mattress 2.5 years ago for $799 and this year i realise that the half of the mattress's latex top is sagging.

I called dunlopillo singapore in March 2010 to claim for warranty and was forwarded to Mr Eddie.

I was told that i will need to pay 30% of the existing mattress price (price has gone up to $1299) for the repair work.

He quoted the price without even viewing the mattress. I requested for him to view the mattress to access the repair works but i was told to wait 2 weeks later as they were doing stock take.

Now 3 months later and after numerous calls to dunlopillo singapore to follow up on my warranty, nobody has viewed my mattress. Dunlopillo Singapore doesn't even have an email address to give me thus i am unable to submit a complain letter to them.

I used to have a Dunlopillo with pillow top that gave problems. The first mattress came dirty and sagging in the middle. It was really obvious. Dunlopillo replaced with the same model, but we still did not like it, as the feel was really different from what we tried on in the showroom. In the end we paid a little more for a Dunlopillo without a pillow top that was firmer. I should say that it wasn't really that great as it sagged easily here and there and it had to be flipped regularly. I'm really not enamoured with Dunlopillo and will not get one again.

But I didn't get such a bad service. They were prompt. That happened to me around 8 years ago.

I had the same experience. I bought the dunlop mattress 2.5 years ago for $799 and this year i realise that the half of the mattress's latex top is sagging.

I called dunlopillo singapore in March 2010 to claim for warranty and was forwarded to Mr Eddie.

I was told that i will need to pay 30% of the existing mattress price (price has gone up to $1299) for the repair work.

He quoted the price without even viewing the mattress. I requested for him to view the mattress to access the repair works but i was told to wait 2 weeks later as they were doing stock take.

Now 3 months later and after numerous calls to dunlopillo singapore to follow up on my warranty, nobody has viewed my mattress. Dunlopillo Singapore doesn't even have an email address to give me thus i am unable to submit a complain letter to them.

Hi, I encountered the same problem and was given similar "textbook advice" by Eddie as well (Dunlop's 10-years series I suppose!). I bought their Orthorest series in 2007 to replace an earlier mattress (Dunlopillo too!!! which was repaied once before I "traded" it in for Orthorest) which lasted only 4 years. It cost me around $1600 then as the sales guy said the extra layer on top of pcoketed spring will give me extra comfort. Now barely 3yrs later, the comfort became agony and backache when it sank. Thus I lodged a complaint in July.

Dunlop's Eddie called and told me that it is normal for such memory foam to give way in 3 years and it is not that the sping is faulty. Rather, he can bring it back to replace the layer of foam and check on spring tension. After some waiver of labour, it'll cost me $230. I told him my mum-in-laws' four star lasted 15 years and is still solid! He said other "local brand" may last 9~10 years because its hard and does not give comfort. User don't realised that and think its good. I replied its good if user don't realise anything wrong, cos why bother if you sleep perfectly well and don't have backache?

I told him nobody buys mattress and expect for it to last 3 years. Even the sales guy did not mention this apart from superior comfort and the long warranty period to give customer added assurance. If I were to spend $230 every 3 yrs, it would cost me a bomb to maintain such high running cost (ever of running cost for your mattress????).

Eddie then suggested me to look for another mattress and let him know the model, and he'll give me special price for it. Now I'm wondering, does it make sense for me to trust in Dunlop anymore or opt for other brand?

Anybody here faces same issue or advice to share?

Anyone bought Dunlopillo in the recent months? Any comments/bad experience etc? Did their customer service improved?

Can I say that Dunloppillo warranty simliar to that of Simmons ?

" After 1st two years upon the date of delivery, any replacement or repair of Mattress/ boxspring/ foundation box,

will be calculated by: Total no of yrs owned X by 1/10th of the prevailing list price + transportation charge" ?