Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
donut88

Where To Buy The Laundry Pull-down And Push-up System?

is yours the $398 stainless steel hanger?

think we got the same light but mine is for 2 toilets..kitchen using those hamburgers lookalike but bigger ones.. :notti:

Edited by babytan

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
is yours the $398 stainless steel hanger?

think we got the same light but mine is for 2 toilets..kitchen using those hamburgers lookalike but bigger ones.. :notti:

yup. this is the $398 hanger from Home Niche. 6 poles

this light is pretty common. most light shops are selling this.

ive already ordered from home niche - 6 poles with customised brackets, $398 + $80 for brackets = $478!

had originally wanted to get those brackets that are mounted on the real ceiling - at $120. however, their staff came to do site measurement and we realised that they could actually mount the hanger on each side of the wall cause the yard area is miserably tiny - the length of the 6 poles will be about 1.7m each. so they'll drill 4 holes for the 4 brackets.

ene, don't have to worry about the ceiling light being in the middle. u can consider mounting the hanger on the walls - depending on the length of your area. they are able to customise the length to accommodate. alternatively u can consider switching to a 'slimmer' light that won't get in the way. perhaps u can try calling home niche to get their advice (look for Daphne, i spoke to her and she's friendly) :good:

hi keltong,

as per your advice, i found and bought it at Home Fix :sport-smiley-004:

total cost $130 inclusive of the metal thingy plus 6 poles. was very happy and relieve now :P

thanks U :yamseng:

hi deepakvali,

i just bought it from Home Fix yesterday. anyway thanks :thumbs up:

Hi Snow, actually I m also looking for the traditional metal thingy & poles... called HomeNiche but they dun have (most prob they do pulley types only) so they asked me to call their contractor... was quoted $220 for the stainless steel metal thing and 6 aluminum poles... a bit exp so I wonder how does yours look like?

BTW, if I stack WM & dryer in service yard, do u guys tink i will have space to install the pull down system... seems veri veri convenient... :P

ene, don't have to worry about the ceiling light being in the middle. u can consider mounting the hanger on the walls - depending on the length of your area. they are able to customise the length to accommodate. alternatively u can consider switching to a 'slimmer' light that won't get in the way. perhaps u can try calling home niche to get their advice (look for Daphne, i spoke to her and she's friendly)

I actually got my electrician to move the lights to the corner already so as not to 'block' the pulley system in case we want it. Our yard area is super small anyway so no matter where the light is placed, it can light up the whole area :dancingqueen: Thanks for the contact for Home Niche. I'd call them once we settle all the "big" stuff.

Had wanted to install a downlight at yard, but contractor told me it's not false ceiling when it in fact is a false ceiling! 8| So, i got a slim tube light to be installed along the short length of the wall. is indeed bright enough cause the area's really small - i can lay on the floor with feet touching one end of the wall, stretch out my hands slightly and touch the other end of the wall!

we've used the retractable hanger twice. it's really useful and a neater option for space constraint folks!

i can lay on the floor with feet touching one end of the wall, stretch out my hands slightly and touch the other end of the wall!

Hehe. This made me laugh. Did you actually try it? As in, really lie in your yard area? :sport-smiley-004:

we've used the retractable hanger twice. it's really useful and a neater option for space constraint folks!

Great! Will definitely call them for a quote soon. Btw, for those who already installed it, did they have to do major drilling, etc? I am very scared of them doing major drilling which means more dust to clean up again! :o

Hehe. This made me laugh. Did you actually try it? As in, really lie in your yard area? :sport-smiley-004:

Great! Will definitely call them for a quote soon. Btw, for those who already installed it, did they have to do major drilling, etc? I am very scared of them doing major drilling which means more dust to clean up again! :o

some of the yard area in new flat are really really tiny..... for example toa payoh blk 79 ones.

dun worry abt the drilling part.

they will drill 4 holes in the ceiling using those normal drills. sure got dust, but not too much. can easily clean up.

some of the yard area in new flat are really really tiny..... for example toa payoh blk 79 ones.

dun worry abt the drilling part.

they will drill 4 holes in the ceiling using those normal drills. sure got dust, but not too much. can easily clean up.

Thanks for the tip. I just spoke to Daphne at Home Niche. Nice, friendly and helpful. They're really fast! I asked if they can come to my place to do a quote tomorrow and immediately, she said yes. Even told me that if I'm happy, they can install IMMEDIATELY! Wah, talk about FAST SERVICE :D

I'm just wondering, did anyone install the kind of system where you can push OUTWARDS? This means that I don't want the up-and-down system only. I want one where you can "sun" the clothes by pushing the system outside.

I went to another company in Jln Peminpin.... walao... its only a small warehouse with lots of stuff lying around...... dun feel good about that company. Looks more like a 'bucketshop'.

Is the place called Ezzi Living? http://www.ezziliving.com/slide.htm I was looking at their Slide model. Looks good leh! I already got them to come and do a no-obligation quote tomorrow. But hwah, so expensive for such systems! About $800!!! FAINT.

Edited by ene

Thanks for the tip. I just spoke to Daphne at Home Niche. Nice, friendly and helpful. They're really fast! I asked if they can come to my place to do a quote tomorrow and immediately, she said yes. Even told me that if I'm happy, they can install IMMEDIATELY! Wah, talk about FAST SERVICE :D

I'm just wondering, did anyone install the kind of system where you can push OUTWARDS? This means that I don't want the up-and-down system only. I want one where you can "sun" the clothes by pushing the system outside.

Is the place called Ezzi Living? http://www.ezziliving.com/slide.htm I was looking at their Slide model. Looks good leh! But when I tried to ring the number, it was a weird tone. Not even sure if it's in use. Their slide model is actually what we're looking for but not sure if Home Niche does it?

i had tried the "push out" system in Ezzi Living. It doesnt look easy coz you need some strength to pull down, and stand on one end and push out the poles.

imagine you have wet clothes on the poles, and you are trying to pull down and push out. Then later, when clothes are dry, you need to pull back the system.

if you got the strength, then its ok to buy this.

Hi Ene

May I know how much is the push out hanger (can slide out) from Home Niche?

Am given a contact by my contractor.. if not wrong i think from Tame or something..

Haven't found out the cost yet.

Are these clothes drying systems sturdy? Don't want to install and have the thing fail on me half way.

Tks.

Mine is pretty sturdy. If it falls on you, perhaps it's the installation that is not done properly.

Edited by TYM

Tks TYM. Hopefully it won't fall. Mostly if I install then the maid will be using. More worried abt how they handle stuff around the flat.

i had tried the "push out" system in Ezzi Living. It doesnt look easy coz you need some strength to pull down, and stand on one end and push out the poles.

imagine you have wet clothes on the poles, and you are trying to pull down and push out. Then later, when clothes are dry, you need to pull back the system.

if you got the strength, then its ok to buy this.

Both systems I checked (from Home Niche and Ezzi Living) are hand-powered. I have also asked about the strength needed and both persons told me that it is not a problem for me (I'm pretty petite).

Today, both Home Niche and Ezzi Living came to my place to measure and do quotations. I asked for the pull-down-push-out type for my small yard area.

Home Niche

Salesguy was rather beng-ish :P Told me that he has to remove my wooden blinds (!) that I just installed for the system or else there'd be no space to push out. I was very reluctant to move the blinds because they are newly installed! He did offer to move it as well as patch up the holes but I really wasn't keen on all that moving, drilling, etc. Cost = $750.

Ezzi Living

Salesguy was prompt and on time. He checked out my yard area and did the measurements. Introduced their Australian-made pull-down-push-out system. I asked if he needed to move my wooden blinds and he was quite amused by my question :rolleyes: Said no need! Can just mount on the side wall concrete. I told him what Home Niche said and he told me that they are the suppliers of the Aust-system. He told me that the one sold by HM I was comparing is made in taiwan. Also, EL does for many condos. Cost = $650

In the end, signed with Ezzi Living. They are coming to install for me tomorrow. I'd post up pix!

[edit]

Here are photos of the pull-down-push-out system from Ezzi Living. It's called the Ez Hi-Dry system. It uses a hydraulic system. It wasn't super light but it wasn't super heavy either. I believe it's a matter of how you push/pull it in.

Stored up

laundry1.jpg

Downloaded

laundry2.jpg

Extended out

laundry3.jpg

Edited by ene