Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi all,

I just moved in to clementi. A low floor unit. Lately i discover that there are mosquitos in my house........firstly i do a spot check to confirm that there are no mosquito breeding place in my house.........after the confirmation, there are still mosquitos....so i believe these mosquito must be from outside.

To get rid of the mosquitos, i tried using mosquito coil and repellant............but the mosquitos problems still persist.........does anyone face this problem and has a better solution than me? i saw there are some shops selling soundwave devices to get rid of mosquitos, dont know does it work?

Pls advise. thank you

Regards

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

I am facing mosquito problems recently too, especially with the rain now and then...me low floor unit too...perhaps that's why?

Well...we bought the baygon repellant (those you plug into the electrical socket types) and put in all the rooms....seems quite effective these few weeks...or probably the mosquitoes have migrated...

The most effective way for us is to switch on the aircon for a night of undisturbed sleep cos' mosquitoes dislike cold temperature...hehe...but my electrical bill sure go up leh!

!!

i'm at west coast and i also use baygon vaporisor to get rid of mosquitoes after being sucked for 2 weeks. safe and better protection since I have a pet dog at home. only $5.40 for 30days of usage.

Edited by latitude

The Baygon Vapouriser is rather effective and it does not have an offensive smile unlike mosquito coils/repellents. You should consider complaining to the Town Council to see if anything can be done to stem the problem -- particularly if it was an inconsiderate neighbour who might be breeding them.

I did recalled an email which i received from my friend that listerine can keep away mosquitos, can't remember the details, anyone read this email before, don't know is it true ?

I got mosquitos in my house when i first move in. I found out that it's because i open up my windows and from then onwards i never open my windows only occasionally to air abit.

Can try putting a few drops of citronella oil into the burner

I second that. My friend swears by that.... it really repels mos.