Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
socks

Urgent! Pls Share Ideas On How To 'conceal/hide' Distribution Board!

Just got a call from my contractor to let him know how I would like to 'conceal/hide' the DB which is located just near where we are going to have our dining table (it's a really ugly box and very visible). It will be costly to change its location hence we'll not be doing so. Is really urgent cause we had a fall-out with our ID who caused our reno to be delayed for 1.5mths amongst other problems! So we paid him for the drawings and from here onwards we'll be undertaking the whole reno project on our own since we are scrapped for time. Is really stressful! :rofl:

Pls share if your have similar experience! :notti::rofl:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Dun just cover the box, as the DB is small and hanging in the middle of nowhere

Either build a shoe cabinet or put shelving ard it.

dsc01625mu8.th.jpg

as can u can see from the picture, it's really BIG and ugly. didn't manage to get the dimensions as there was a huge pile of sand at that corner when i was there, but the DB's height looks at least a good 30cm. :P

yup, was thinking of building some cabinet to hide it. but can't be shoe cabinet cause we are already making a shoe cabinet to put infront of the door's entrance (fengshui, to block the 'qi' from flowing too fast ). the wall that's perpendicular to the wall where the DB and intercom r will be where the dining table is leaning against. We making full height mirror and painting the 2 sides of that wall with black textured paint (dining table will be black glass with stainless steel legs). so m thinking of how the cabinet for the DB will look like to blend in with the rest of the look

and i can't ask my 'ex' ID for ideas too.. so flashed my SOS signal here, in case some1 has faced the same problem b4 :rofl:

build a full height cabinet to hide the DB with storage shelves while making sure that the DB is accessible or building a suspended cabinet with mirror to act as a suspended mirror wall.

Impt is that the DB need to be accessible regardless of whatever thing u do and also need to allow some ventilation for it.

oh, im really ignorant of DB dos and don'ts..

does it mean it'll get 'heated up'? why do i need to ensure it has ventilation?

yup, tink only solution is to build a fake cabinet to house it. too bad it's so big :(

yah, maybe u can opt for a mirror door to make it "invisible"

maybe a tic tac door which is use to conceal bomb shelter