Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cjb

Glass Backing For Kitchen

All Brothers and Sister

I am a newpie for renovation and need to seek you expert out there for advise. I am currently doing the Kitchen renovation and would like to put a Glass backing on the wall. But before that I also would like to installed properly a 2 fts Stainless Steel rod to hand some Kitchen Hang on wall products.

May I know have any of you guys happen to have this type of setup in the Kitchen? And if you have hope you can share some of the experience and points to take note after installing the Stainless Steel rod and the Glass backing for the kitchen. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. :deal:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I suggest you check with your contractor on the installing of the rod on the glass panel. Get them to suggest a feasible way so that they will take responsibility if anything goes wrong.

Glass backing is nice and I did frosted glass backing for one side of my kitchen cabinet.

My last kitchen I kena cheated by my contractor, they use plain glass and spray while paint on it and assure me this is perfect way of doing it at a lower cost. End up when cooking or any area where it is exposed to lots of heat (like steam from your rice cooker, your kettle, etc..) will cost the paint to come off and left with lots of spots here and there. I totally ban that contractor, coz I think he is the only person in the world that does that.

what will u be hanging on the rod? i reckon heavy things crack the glass backing?

Hi, Latitude

Thanks for your response. I am thinking of hanging the Kitchen Knife with Chopping Board and a Corner rack from Welmi product.

My kitchen got glass backing but I didn't install metal rod... cos prefer to keep all the stuff in cabinets/drawers.

60kitchen1ao1.th.jpg

62kitchen3wr4.th.jpg

Hi, Seaview

Thanks for your response. You have a very nice Kitchen and the color and cabinet are very matching and modern. May I know the Glass backing your Kitchen have installed? Is it the type which is the Glass vendor asked you to provide a color code? And there will spray for you using the temper glass type. Can share information of how does your Glass backing being done up? Many Thanks to you in advance. :)

I suggest you check with your contractor on the installing of the rod on the glass panel. Get them to suggest a feasible way so that they will take responsibility if anything goes wrong.

Glass backing is nice and I did frosted glass backing for one side of my kitchen cabinet.

My last kitchen I kena cheated by my contractor, they use plain glass and spray while paint on it and assure me this is perfect way of doing it at a lower cost. End up when cooking or any area where it is exposed to lots of heat (like steam from your rice cooker, your kettle, etc..) will cost the paint to come off and left with lots of spots here and there. I totally ban that contractor, coz I think he is the only person in the world that does that.

Hi, Keltong

Many thanks for your responsed and important advice to new pie like me. :) I have come across people telling me that the Glass Vendor when enaging them to do the Kitchen Glass backing. There will asked the customer to provide the color code they want and the vendor will spray according to your color on the Temper Glass and installed in your Kitchen.

Hearing you have bad experience on this type of setup of the Glass Backing. I have second thought on this setup. May I know beside the heat will water have any impact of the Glass Backing. Because I am planning to installed behind the Water Sink area and also properly the area I will put items like Water Kettle (Those like Tiger reboiling kettle type).

May I know the recent Glass backing (frosted glass backing)? Is there any color coded behind? What is the correct method to used to prevent the bad experience you have like heat problem.

Hope you can share your information. Many Thanks to you. :)

Hi, Keltong

Many thanks for your responsed and important advice to new pie like me. :) I have come across people telling me that the Glass Vendor when enaging them to do the Kitchen Glass backing. There will asked the customer to provide the color code they want and the vendor will spray according to your color on the Temper Glass and installed in your Kitchen.

Hearing you have bad experience on this type of setup of the Glass Backing. I have second thought on this setup. May I know beside the heat will water have any impact of the Glass Backing. Because I am planning to installed behind the Water Sink area and also properly the area I will put items like Water Kettle (Those like Tiger reboiling kettle type).

May I know the recent Glass backing (frosted glass backing)? Is there any color coded behind? What is the correct method to used to prevent the bad experience you have like heat problem.

Hope you can share your information. Many Thanks to you. :)

Hmm...if you are saying all the backing need to spray color one than I not sure liao. I was under the impression that the current one is a frosted glass, not spray on one. I find that in my previous install mostly is where heat and steam area got some signs of color coming off, other than that seems ok (when I sold it). The worst area is where the hob is. I am using stainless steel for the hob area this time just to play save. Check my blog. Cheers!

Hi cjb,

My glass backing is the spray paint on tempered glass type. No problem so far. Having read Keltong's comment, I am keeping my crossed. Cheers!

My kitchen got glass backing but I didn't install metal rod... cos prefer to keep all the stuff in cabinets/drawers.

60kitchen1ao1.th.jpg

62kitchen3wr4.th.jpg

Hi, Seaview

Can share the information of your Glass Backing for your Kitchen? May I know what type of material of glass you installed and is there any coding behind the Glass? Sorry for the long winded story. Many thanks in advance... :)

Hi to all the experts out there,

This is not a reply but just want to check with u all about whether u know any contractors for kitchen renovation(excluding Flooring).Must be cheap and must have cosy look.

Hope can get help.

Thanks