Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Nipponho

Direct From Factory 20ft Kitchen Cabinet

Hi,

I saw on Straits times Home furnishing section. 20Feet Kitchen cabinet custom made at S$50-60 pfr, excluding top. The wood will work out to be around $1100. Postform top is about $400-500. ABS trimming add another $100. Dismantling existing one cost about $200. Total replacement $1800-1900.

Some others quoting $1388.

Anybody had theirs done by direct factory before? Is it good? IDs are charging at least $100 pfr.

Anybody knows which factory does ABS trimming? Could it be cheaper to go to a factory who does ABS and also does the carpentry? I believe the one i called did not have in house ABS trim facility and need to bring it to somewhere else to do it.

Any advise? I don't need designer type or marble top, i just need something basic, and lasting, water proof, and the joints between the laminate & wood won't peel off, that simple.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Nipponho,

Any luck? Or did you completed yr kitchen cabinet already. Pls share. I want to replace my kitchen cabinet. Wanna do direct from factory instead of ID, cheaper I think!

no idea on this.

hope some forummers able to help give us some info,...and thus we will save some $ by going for direct factory cabinets. ;)

no idea on this.

hope some forummers able to help give us some info,...and thus we will save some $ by going for direct factory cabinets. ;)

it true....actually most of the IDs that i have visited quote me between $210-$250sqf coz most of them outsource to the carpentry at sungei kadut. recently a close frd of mine wanted to recommend his friend to me but my package alrdy come with free kitchen cabinet.

after much thot, me going ahead to ID to get quotation for kitchen makeover. Direct factory too much hassle, and the savings is not that much either. Sat going to IMM to get quotation. Hope to start my T-blog for my kitchen revival.

S271008, It is not really a hassle. U just look at straits times and call and enquire, and they will come to your house, u just sit down there and wait for them to visit u.

I suggest u finish your other reno first, then lastly u get the carpenter to come and design. Meaning, getting the gas pipe, water pipe, plastering, tiling done first. Once u do the kitchen cabinet, it is very difficult to make changes to these pipes.

As for savings, to me, it is quite a lot. $50-60 pfr compared to $100-120 pfr, it is double u know. The difference is good enough for u to pamper yourself for a short holiday. Maybe u rich man, hahaha, donate some money to me la.

IMM is kerto place for your info. U should look elsewhere, eg. balestier. There are so many carpenters on straits times every day. ID will sure mark up, not a bit, but a lot, they will subcontract to factories too. Since u prepared to let ID earn, might as well u contact carpenter direct. Example, if they quote u $3000, then u say make it $3200, but please ensure everythng swee swee. If u do like this, it is very likely they will do swee swee for u.

actually i did it with my friend. he has his own factory..

gave me $90 per sq ft not sure... includes handle and abs trimming.

my id asked me for 3-5 per handle and abs must pay more.. my id charged me $110... my friend $90.

mine was 15ft... saved alot... he also custom made my mum in law furniture...

looks like having a friend i this field helps :notti:

Hi Ssath, if it is $90 pfr for the cabinets, then i think for a factory, it is on high end. None of those on straits times that i called quoted me more than $70 pfr. Perhaps you are referring to $90 psf for the top, not the cabinet. Or maybe they quote $90 pfr but u need not pay for marble top separately.

Handles are usually free. As for abs trim, they usually quote add $200 or 100, but it is a absolute figure, not based on foot run.

hi

can anyone share with me if they have done their kitchen cabinet from the straits time contact?

thanks ;)

my kitchen cabinet done by a direct factory carpenter..he also a vendor for some big ID firm in Singapore , so me very "fang xin" let them do...

not bad for the outcome..ard $85 pfr..and i topup for solid surface top.. PM me if interested..tryOUT, NO HARM... save you some $ to buy new sink or hood/hob also not bad.

my kitchen cabinet done by a direct factory carpenter..he also a vendor for some big ID firm in Singapore , so me very "fang xin" let them do...

not bad for the outcome..ard $85 pfr..and i topup for solid surface top.. PM me if interested..tryOUT, NO HARM... save you some $ to buy new sink or hood/hob also not bad.

Hi Trees,

I'm a newbie. can share with me your carpentary info.

Wonder if they do customize dressing table?

Thks.

hi

i just discovered that Courts is also doing renovation. they also have packages for kitchen cabinet and tv console. anyone use before? any comments...

Hi Trees,

I'm a newbie. can share with me your carpentary info.

Wonder if they do customize dressing table?

Thks.

Mr LAU 97680883

Ms perlyn 90080883