Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lostchild

Relocate Toilet Bowls

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi

has anyone relocated their toilet bowls? is it approved by HDB? Advise pls..... and are wall mounted toilet bowls allowed for HDB??

Your ID / plumber will advise you if relocation is possible. If relocation of toilet bowls is possible, they will get HDB approval for you.

Actually you can determine for yourself if relocation is possible -- simply see where the existing bowl connects to the sewage pipe and if the new location for the bowl makes it difficult or impossible to connect to the sewage pipe, then relocation is not possible. Altho the bowl may seemingly be relocated, ysour plumber cannot change the sewage pipe outlet location (on the floor) because that would affect the flat unit below your flat.

In yr case, I think wall-mounted bowls are not possible unless your existing bowl is already wall-mounted. :yamseng:

got a similar question. Existing toilet bowl is at the centre of the wall.. ie... right in front of door when go into toilet.. ID suggested moving to the corner... My concern is, is this possible? Would i see a pipe from the bottom of toilet bowl going towards the original toilet bowl location? since the "**** hole" is there...

with the pipe it would be ugly... also, anyone thought of what happens when "things" are within the pipe??? so unhygienic... better to go directly into the **** hole in the toilet...

So is it advisable to move the bowl position??

got a similar question. Existing toilet bowl is at the centre of the wall.. ie... right in front of door when go into toilet.. ID suggested moving to the corner... My concern is, is this possible? Would i see a pipe from the bottom of toilet bowl going towards the original toilet bowl location? since the "**** hole" is there...

with the pipe it would be ugly... also, anyone thought of what happens when "things" are within the pipe??? so unhygienic... better to go directly into the **** hole in the toilet...

So is it advisable to move the bowl position??

Guess the water must successfully flush your things away.

I didn't paid attention till i was looking for a replacement too. seem like our HDB one is water first and tries to drag the 'thing' along. So if the thing is very stuffy, it gets stuck in the middle of the pipe. If dries up then pipe burst (lol). Or use too much toilet paper, also choke.

So another design is the water when flush creates a super whirlpool jet thunder clap don't know whatever and push the thing. ie thing first water behind.

see this conoma system....$500 plus in sg.

So in theory, if you misplace the hole, you better hope your flush system push the thing through, if not, you have to create geometry, for example, create a step up, then the pipe is slanted towards the hole to assist in the flushing.

Cost? I think expensive.

Solution, do 'thing' less :notti:

Guess the water must successfully flush your things away.

I didn't paid attention till i was looking for a replacement too. seem like our HDB one is water first and tries to drag the 'thing' along. So if the thing is very stuffy, it gets stuck in the middle of the pipe. If dries up then pipe burst (lol). Or use too much toilet paper, also choke.

So another design is the water when flush creates a super whirlpool jet thunder clap don't know whatever and push the thing. ie thing first water behind.

see this conoma system....$500 plus in sg.

So in theory, if you misplace the hole, you better hope your flush system push the thing through, if not, you have to create geometry, for example, create a step up, then the pipe is slanted towards the hole to assist in the flushing.

Cost? I think expensive.

Solution, do 'thing' less :notti:

Thanks for ur detailed reply!! Now i am wondering has anyone shifted the bowl before? Hope people can share the practical aspects of shifting the bowl.

actually shifting of it is illegal but then someone i know done it , can be done but then still really depends if the flushing system work well , the pipe will be hidden underground , but my license contractor refuse to do it foe me guess they have a reputation to hold

Yes, this is true. Relocate it is not allow. Any contractor who do it will get fine and demerit point, that is what happen to my in-law place.Years ago, they relocate it just abit n sold off the flat n hdb came to find out and saman the contractor of $2k with 6 demerit point n after such long years, the contractor get nail down my in-law n ask them to pay but my in-law dont want it coz the house been sold ages ago. There will still ppl who will do it somehow but the chances are slim ... Its not worth it!!!

actually shifting of it is illegal but then someone i know done it , can be done but then still really depends if the flushing system work well , the pipe will be hidden underground , but my license contractor refuse to do it foe me guess they have a reputation to hold

Yes, this is true. Relocate it is not allow. Any contractor who do it will get fine and demerit point, that is what happen to my in-law place.Years ago, they relocate it just abit n sold off the flat n hdb came to find out and saman the contractor of $2k with 6 demerit point n after such long years, the contractor get nail down my in-law n ask them to pay but my in-law dont want it coz the house been sold ages ago. There will still ppl who will do it somehow but the chances are slim ... Its not worth it!!!

Thanks for the tips . :)

If I remember correctly, read in the HDB reno guide book that shifting of toilet bowl location is not allowed. Will update here again once I get hold of the guide book...
Yes, it is not allowed. It would mean tearing open the entire floor where the huge pipes are.

The only thing you can do is to move the toilet bowl within the tolerance of the existing pipe.

EDITED: I am hearing more and more often that people have shifted their toilet bowls. I dont know if legally or illegally. Reno companies should know they would be fined if they do so illegally...

Edited by Caireann

Yes, it is not allowed. It would mean tearing open the entire floor where the huge pipes are.

The only thing you can do is to move the toilet bowl within the tolerance of the existing pipe.

EDITED: I am hearing more and more often that people have shifted their toilet bowls. I dont know if legally or illegally. Reno companies should know they would be fined if they do so illegally...

Do anything, but dun get caught....

I think when it comes to re-selling the flat. HDB will get their technician to inspect the flat.

Do anything, but dun get caught....

I think when it comes to re-selling the flat. HDB will get their technician to inspect the flat.

A friend just told me that she moved the toilet bowl from underneath the window to the opposite side, away from the window.

HDB allegedly approved that.

anyone tried ripping the toilet out and sealing it with concrete. Is that ok and will there by any smell or leakage since the neighbours pipe still pass thru. I have an extra bathroom and I don't need it

anyone tried ripping the toilet out and sealing it with concrete. Is that ok and will there by any smell or leakage since the neighbours pipe still pass thru. I have an extra bathroom and I don't need it

in fact, i'll be doing that for my yard toilet, since nobody uses it. ID said can do it, he'll overlay the hole with tiles. he said something like also sealing the area around the hole with silicone, so that anything (smell or sewerage) will not be able to leak through.

he said can't totally block up the hole with concrete, cos in case downstairs neighbour got any sewage pipe problem, can still come up to check if necessary. also, when u sell the place, new owner may want to reinstate the toilet bowl, so best to leave it reversible.

actually one idea is to move the toilet door if possible vs. moving the toilet bowl.. if you door can relocate from the "center" of the toilet to the "side" then it might not be so unsightly to have the bowl in front of you when you enter the toilet