Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
joper

Hob & Hood - Which Brand Should I Buy?

harlow, i m new comer and glad i found this forum!

can anyone offer word of advice which brand of hob & hoob is most durability, good performance & value for money?(haha, sound like ai-pe-ai-che), aiyo, which brand should i go for leh?? :(

- teka

- bosch

- Mayer/Ariston OR

- electrolux

Also, is gas hob better or induction better HUH?

I am clueless when come to such things.....help!!!!! :dunno:

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

It really depends what kind of kitchen you want. Do you cook "complex" food often? Do you only cook "simple" things once in a while. Or do you mostly cook western food, or those chinese food that need a big wok.

Gas hob is good for wok cooking, or you wanna do flambe. However induction is better in term of safety, and ease of cleaning. Personally I prefer mix. You can buy a domino unit of Gas and Induction hobs.

At high-end, you can try to look for De-dietrich, Miele or Gagennau. Unless you are professional chef, it's kinda too expensive for normal people. At the range of the brands you mention, I would go for Brandt. The reason is that Brandt is the same parent company with De-Dietrich, hence possibly as good quality as De-Dietrich (of course not as many features as De-Dietrich).

For hood, I think the bigger the suction the better it is. Personally I won't care about the noise level.

can anyone offer word of advice which brand of hob & hoob is most durability, good performance & value for money?(haha, sound like ai-pe-ai-che), aiyo, which brand should i go for leh?? :(

- teka

- bosch

- Mayer/Ariston OR

- electrolux

It really depends what kind of kitchen you want. Do you cook "complex" food often? Do you only cook "simple" things once in a while. Or do you mostly cook western food, or those chinese food that need a big wok.

Gas hob is good for wok cooking, or you wanna do flambe. However induction is better in term of safety, and ease of cleaning. Personally I prefer mix. You can buy a domino unit of Gas and Induction hobs.

At high-end, you can try to look for De-dietrich, Miele or Gagennau. Unless you are professional chef, it's kinda too expensive for normal people. At the range of the brands you mention, I would go for Brandt. The reason is that Brandt is the same parent company with De-Dietrich, hence possibly as good quality as De-Dietrich (of course not as many features as De-Dietrich).

For hood, I think the bigger the suction the better it is. Personally I won't care about the noise level.

Hey! Thanks for the advise! :) We don't do wok cooking, mostly pan/sir fry & boiling. Having both choices of gas & inductio hobs sounds just good. Don't need all the high end stuff, mostly importantly durable & doesnt rust easily cos i stay near the beach. I like brandt too but heard tat it is quite costly. Also, heard tat brandt does only condos projects, they dont sell via retail, is it true? do you know if they hv a showroom? How abt Teka & Mayer/Ariston? My ID recommends Teka, saw some thread discussion on Teka, didnt say much but some says it rust easily ?!

- teka

- bosch

- Mayer/Ariston OR

- electrolux

Ok..my 2cts..me and my wife just like Ariston, so for both last and this new kitchen, all using Ariston (maybe we are at Ikea too frequent, coz they use all Ariston stuff too! :P ) BTW, do you know that Ikea now sells Hood, Hob and Oven!! I saw it at Ikea Tampines over the weekend. Ariston and Indesit brand, no prize for guess who they got it from. But Ariston tends to be more expensive than other 'house' brand like Indesit or Delizia, which most of the time got ALMOST the same specs. The rest never use b4, so cannot comment.

For hob, you got choice of flame, hotplate, vitroceramic and induction.

- Flame is the most common one and for people who cook a lot and grew up with using flame, most likely will stick to it.

- Hotplate is useless, avoid at all cost.

- Vitroceramic is what I use, cheaper than induction but run on electricity also. Nice and clean but most people will not be use to it. If you cook very little, this could be an alternative of choice. If 2 burner can use normal 13A socket, anything more will need higher Amp socket. Will need flat pots, pans and woks.

- Induction is the latest and have more feature, like if you put your hand on it, you will not feel hot at all, it also conduct heat when in contact with metal surface, and the heat will heat up very quickly. Kinda neat feature and good if got children. But most expensive and not all pots and pans can be use (though most should be fine). Need higher Amp socket to work.

In the end, your needs will determine your choice!

Hi Joper, you just missed the TEKA sale, they have storewide 20% and some are 30% discount. In my opinion TEKA is more focus on Kitchen stuff..so the sale is a good buy hehe.. :good:

Rinnai for me!!

Home kitchen now using Rinnai and still going strong!!

one advice is to avoid buying Rinnai packages

Now the promotion for Rinnai is to hob/hood packages and u can purchase an oven at a so called discounted price

this is BS

when i went to CItigas to enquire on the Gas dryer, the promoter told me the truth

if u buy hob and hood separately, its actually cheaper

so weird as this is only for Rinnai

not sure if this is true and i am going to enquire in jalan berseh

anybody knows?

Rinnai for me!!

Home kitchen now using Rinnai and still going strong!!

one advice is to avoid buying Rinnai packages

Now the promotion for Rinnai is to hob/hood packages and u can purchase an oven at a so called discounted price

this is BS

when i went to CItigas to enquire on the Gas dryer, the promoter told me the truth

if u buy hob and hood separately, its actually cheaper

so weird as this is only for Rinnai

not sure if this is true and i am going to enquire in jalan berseh

anybody knows?

I've been havig a hard time deciding which brand to buy :dunno: . Initially, I wanted Bellari but then again after a lot of contemplating I think it's safer to buy Rinnai hob and hood. Rinnai has been around for years now and it's tested. For Bellari, I think I'm going to get their oven :good: . I was offered at Asia Excel for the Rinnai package but I'm not too convinced with Rinnai's Oven :unsure: . I need to decide and buy before this week ends since my reno will start this Sat.

I've been havig a hard time deciding which brand to buy :dunno: . Initially, I wanted Bellari but then again after a lot of contemplating I think it's safer to buy Rinnai hob and hood. Rinnai has been around for years now and it's tested. For Bellari, I think I'm going to get their oven :good: . I was offered at Asia Excel for the Rinnai package but I'm not too convinced with Rinnai's Oven :unsure: . I need to decide and buy before this week ends since my reno will start this Sat.

:dancingqueen:

ok good luck

which model u choosing for Rinnai hob/hood?

my WTB say no chimney hoods for us

sigh

ovens got alot of choices actually depending on budget

not sure about bellaris quality but from forumers advice, its not that bad

any concerns about the Rinnai oven cos i am looking at it?

my auntie intro Ariston but i scared of Mayer's aftersale service

:dancingqueen:

ok good luck

which model u choosing for Rinnai hob/hood?

my WTB say no chimney hoods for us

sigh

ovens got alot of choices actually depending on budget

not sure about bellaris quality but from forumers advice, its not that bad

any concerns about the Rinnai oven cos i am looking at it?

my auntie intro Ariston but i scared of Mayer's aftersale service

I'm choosing Rinnai hood RH-90CD and hob RB 3SS. Poo Joo gave me a price of 1,040 for the combination (no stock for oven) while in Asia Excel they they gave me a package price of 1,7++ including RBO-7MRX oven.

I really can't decide on the oven part. Among the hob, hood and oven...it's the oven that I'm particular of since I do love to bake. It's so hard to decide as well since it must fit my budget. Of course the best ovens are the high end ones but no budget already. Actually Rinnai oven also good, it's just that I really want telescopic tracks for my ovens and those who have it are usually priced at 1,+++. The reason I chose Bellari is because for the price of 799 oven I have the option to buy the telescopic track for 60 dollars.

Also been contemplating on Ariston oven but hearing bad feedbacks on their after sales puts me off.

Rinnai RBO-7MRX oven

8 functions

price 750 if with hob and hood

no telescopic tracks

double glass door

digital display

Bellari

8 functions

price :799

option to buy telescopic track 60 dollars

triple glass doors

digital display

Ariston FZ61.1

6 functions

sale price : 750

with out telescopic tracks

triple glass doors

Still couldn't decide on the oven :dunno: ...but its definitely Rinnai for hob and hood

The hob/hood combo is nice!!

Oven seriously must look at reviews and how often u use

budget, quality, aftersales and usage

besides poh joo, have u gone to other dealers?

how about Bosch/Brandt ovens?

heard quality not bad

The hob/hood combo is nice!!

Oven seriously must look at reviews and how often u use

budget, quality, aftersales and usage

besides poh joo, have u gone to other dealers?

how about Bosch/Brandt ovens?

heard quality not bad

I've only went to Poo Joo and Asia Excel. Asia Excel carries a lot of brand even high end ones. Brandt is pricey as well. The cheapest oven they have on is 799 and is only 53 liters :( .

Hi all, thanks for all the exchange of information. :good: We went to Rina Electronics who carries quite an extensive range of household electronics goods, from high to low end; the boss recommended Brandt for its performance & quality. I kinda like the combi microwave & oven, hob with 2 gas & 2 induction & the hood. Any brandt user can share your experience? :unsure:

Ok..my 2cts..me and my wife just like Ariston, so for both last and this new kitchen, all using Ariston (maybe we are at Ikea too frequent, coz they use all Ariston stuff too! :P ) BTW, do you know that Ikea now sells Hood, Hob and Oven!! I saw it at Ikea Tampines over the weekend. Ariston and Indesit brand, no prize for guess who they got it from. But Ariston tends to be more expensive than other 'house' brand like Indesit or Delizia, which most of the time got ALMOST the same specs. The rest never use b4, so cannot comment.

For hob, you got choice of flame, hotplate, vitroceramic and induction.

- Flame is the most common one and for people who cook a lot and grew up with using flame, most likely will stick to it.

- Hotplate is useless, avoid at all cost.

- Vitroceramic is what I use, cheaper than induction but run on electricity also. Nice and clean but most people will not be use to it. If you cook very little, this could be an alternative of choice. If 2 burner can use normal 13A socket, anything more will need higher Amp socket. Will need flat pots, pans and woks.

- Induction is the latest and have more feature, like if you put your hand on it, you will not feel hot at all, it also conduct heat when in contact with metal surface, and the heat will heat up very quickly. Kinda neat feature and good if got children. But most expensive and not all pots and pans can be use (though most should be fine). Need higher Amp socket to work.

In the end, your needs will determine your choice!

Hi Keltong,

For a combi of both flame + vitroceramic or flame + induction, which brands carry them? :dunno: