Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
joper

Hob & Hood - Which Brand Should I Buy?

How about ELBA or EF? has anyone used these 2 brands?

I just bought a ELBA EH733 stove hob and EF CK-Sigma exhuast hood today. am worried that the exhuast hood's suction power is not power enough. am super restricted as i can only get an exhuast hood which is maximum 600mm wide (kitchen's miserably tiny). the suction power is 480m.. can anyone advise? im somehow regretting my choice but this is somehow the only choice i've got as there's barely any other exhuast hood which is 600mm width. btw, my stove hob is 730mm width - bigger than the exhaust's 600mm!

:bangwall::bangwall:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Fujioh brand good? Was thinking of getting one for new kitchen, with 2 burner. We seldom cook at home. saw at IMM shop, only 358$ (i think ..) Any other good hobs with 2 burners..prefer small dimensions. Thanks.

Fujioh brand good? Was thinking of getting one for new kitchen, with 2 burner. We seldom cook at home. saw at IMM shop, only 358$ (i think ..) Any other good hobs with 2 burners..prefer small dimensions. Thanks.

i am too looking at two burners recently. having used a 3 burners for 8 years...i end up with a forever-covered burner cos i only used 2. now a revamp of kitchen, will change to two burners to save space, more work top.

saw bellari - $260++ tempered glass leh...

saw turbo - $220++ at courts

wow fujioh $358 abit ex hor..

For small dimensions, can check out La Germania. 3 burners just 590mm in width. U can check it out at citygas gallery. :)

How about ELBA or EF? has anyone used these 2 brands?

I just bought a ELBA EH733 stove hob and EF CK-Sigma exhuast hood today. am worried that the exhuast hood's suction power is not power enough. am super restricted as i can only get an exhuast hood which is maximum 600mm wide (kitchen's miserably tiny). the suction power is 480m.. can anyone advise? im somehow regretting my choice but this is somehow the only choice i've got as there's barely any other exhuast hood which is 600mm width. btw, my stove hob is 730mm width - bigger than the exhaust's 600mm!

:bangwall::bangwall:

just 2 cents from the uncle who told me

Elba parts made in china

EF is made in Malaysia and more recognizable brand

both brands are under the same distributor in Spore

ah jane

think its a reasonable px

was quoted 3 hob Ellane tempered glass (schott ceran) at 360

so 2 hob around 200SGD++ ba

i am too looking at two burners recently. having used a 3 burners for 8 years...i end up with a forever-covered burner cos i only used 2. now a revamp of kitchen, will change to two burners to save space, more work top.

Edited by SmartFool

just 2 cents from the uncle who told me

Elba parts made in china

EF is made in Malaysia and more recognizable brand

both brands are under the same distributor in Spore

ah jane

think its a reasonable px

was quoted 3 hob Ellane tempered glass (schott ceran) at 360

so 2 hob around 200SGD++ ba

Ellane is a well know brand as compare to EF.

looking for a hood with suction of around 800mm.

Use the old hod left behind by previous owner

Hi, just sharing.

got pricing for hob for 2 burners (inner flame).

fujioh - at IMM (Hoe Kee) $366.00

fujioh - at IMM A.Excel $375.00

is fujioh brand recommended?

Rinnai for me!!

Home kitchen now using Rinnai and still going strong!!

one advice is to avoid buying Rinnai packages

Now the promotion for Rinnai is to hob/hood packages and u can purchase an oven at a so called discounted price

this is BS

when i went to CItigas to enquire on the Gas dryer, the promoter told me the truth

if u buy hob and hood separately, its actually cheaper

so weird as this is only for Rinnai

not sure if this is true and i am going to enquire in jalan berseh

anybody knows?

Hey, that's wat the citygas promoter told us on 11-Aug too. So weird.

We are now comtemplating between Rinnai or Le Germania. Should be getting a Rinnai oven.

Edited by happyhouseowner

yeah maybe they rather We not buy Rinnai cos their commision is lower than the rest

thats weird hehe

oh Rinnai oven

not sure abt it cos wtb not baking

wats the px diff btw la germania and rinnai?

as in the models u like

Hi all,

I bought electrolux hob, cooker (2 x big ; 1 x small) and 1 built-in oven @ 1.5k..

The hob extraction is 1300m3/hr where most of the hobs around all <500m3/hr.. :)

hi,

rinnai brand is from indonesia. la germania is italy. but rinnai is well known to be lasting. i got 1 auntie who use that hob for past 10years and its still working fine (running on cylinder gas as she's conventional type who don't believe in the safety features and cost effect of using PUB gas).

ellane & techno brand is local. techno if for light use is ok. ellane use to be an old brand and is durable.

my grandma uses ellane. only 2 burner type coz she don't cook much. my mum only uses techno hood. replaced 1 after it broke down after 20 years of usage. it only cost her less than $300 for the new hood which she gotten from the techno sales.

for oven, maybe can read up on what i have posted here:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13623

hi babyiguana,

hob is cooker where there are burners on top. there are options of 1 burner, 2 burners to up to 4/5 burners. big standing cooker can have up to 6 burners.

i think you refer to smoke extraction hood. where cooking smoke are suck up by an extraction hood.

frankly imho, i think such hood is no use. reason: to REALLY AND EFFICIENTLY extract out smoke, you have to have a ducted system. whereby the duct is use to suck out the smoke and disperse out of the house roof/window and out with the help of an extraction fan.

with hood meant for hsehold use, do you ever wonder where did the smoke being extracted to and what happen to it? there are no ways for the system to disperse out the smoke. just like a clog toilet bowl, and in long term, all the oils etc. are going to deposit in the hood on top of your cooking hob. so you have to do regular cleaning and maintenance. cleaning means able to open up the hood and clean the whole internal area. maintneance mean able to change filter every few months. its just like air-con maintenance routine.

the logic is when there's an inlet, there must be an outlet. if its all sealed up, how to disperse out?

even if those slimline/chimney hoods that are being recommended by many salesman nowadays, its still not that useful. only make your kitchen looks nice but not practically functional / useful.

i hope i didn't pour cold water on all those who have this hood thing becoz im in constrn line, and when we open up a duct which is 'choked' due to breakdown of fan, whew!!! you can imagine how many tons of dirt and everything is accumulated inside.

that is why spending huge time in shopping center with centralised air-con is not healthy for people in long term.

and that is why many shopping centers are doing alot of additional & alteration works to improve the ventilation system by changing ducts, mv system, etc. not that they are rich but mostly is the system problem. the older the system, the running cost and energy consumption is high and so the bill to the owner is high. i have seen many many type of acmv systems in commercial buildings, offices buildings, condos, etc. at areas where normally people will not have access to. there are also certain mechanical calculations for calculating airflow rate, etc. for acmv system.

but if hsehold require a hood for cooking, just a normal cheap brand will do. so long spare parts are cheap to replace & easily found, easily maintenance & cleaning. if its spoil, replacement by a new one will not cause heart pain, burn big hole in pocket.

Edited by leen