Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
joper

Hob & Hood - Which Brand Should I Buy?

can try FUJIOH (BIG BURNERs come along with inner frame fire), HOBZ (with 2 years warranty given,1 year for spare parts & free servicing for one year) or Rinnai (price wise will be higher than Fujioh, so far it's ok).....if comparison, lifespan for hob & hood will last for 5- 8 years as according test conducted. If can last for 2 decades like ARISTON ( 20 years ago) i think .........all the sanitary shops going to close down........ :P:P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

any one using EF hobs??? I am intending to get their stainless steel hob and like to find out whether is the flame powerful enough???

Tulips,

EF hobs, flame as same like others, if you want with big fire flame, u can try RINNAI (Triple fire rings) or Fujioh (inner Flame on the right side)........

I seldom recommend EF brand HOB & HOOD as their service is SUCK !!!!! EF is the distributor from CASA while they also carry other brands like ARISTON & ELBA...their service part fall me and disappointed me.....inefficient in problem solving...need to argue with them ...................just a piece of advice........

I agree with you on servoce from CASA SUCKS big time.

Tulips,

EF hobs, flame as same like others, if you want with big fire flame, u can try RINNAI (Triple fire rings) or Fujioh (inner Flame on the right side)........

I seldom recommend EF brand HOB & HOOD as their service is SUCK !!!!! EF is the distributor from CASA while they also carry other brands like ARISTON & ELBA...their service part fall me and disappointed me.....inefficient in problem solving...need to argue with them ...................just a piece of advice........

I also don't know yet. Cos my reno only finish on early June, haven't try yet.

However i did read b4 that Hobz used to be OEM of a famous brand. So should be ok ba

After 3 week of move in , i will say Hobz not bad . fire is big .... but jus a little too big sometime

Where is teka?

Think it's at loyang. But over already :P Ended yesterday I think. Unless next weekend another round.

Btw, discoburg, your nick very familiar. You're in hardwarezone and FJC?

Yes, I bought it from the Electrolux Sales. Din get the oven coz by the time I was there, I only saw $2xxx units left.

How much you paid for your oven? (I should have make more effort to go on Sat instead of Sun. Sighh..)

I too have never use Electrolux things before, but have hear good reviews from friends.

Let's both pray hard that they are good =)

I bought my hood, oven and microwave from the Sale too. But I decided on the Ariston Avant Garde Hob as I like the gas and ceramic hob combination.

Hob.jpg

Hi All,

Could anyone advise me where to go to look for a freestanding gas hob?

Where/which area exactly have a nice showroom/factory that showcase all HOB & HOOD... (Both Build-in and freestanding ones)

Thanks..

Just bought TECNO hood and hob @ 588 from Hoe Kee. Was looking for white painted combo, really limited selections these days. All stainless steel and glass, the former easily get scratched and latter looks cheap to me. Went to 2 stores at IMM, and both TECNO and Turbo have white painted combo, but only one model from each. TECNO looks nicer, and made in Italy, Turbo made in Taiwan. Pricewise, 588 vs. 599. So, of course TECNO won.

I'll take Rinnai anytime. Quality is excellent! Own a unit for 2 1/2 years without any problem. Easy to clean and looks nice compared to my previous Zerowatt, which broke down couple of times within a span of ~7 years.

Side track alittle, I have been using a Rinnai (gas) instant water heater for the past 11 years without a single problem and is still going strong, just need to replace the battery for the ignitor every 8mths or so.

Btw, someone mentioned in an earlier post that it is from Indonesia, correct me if I am wrong, it is a Japanese brand. Japan made versions of some hobs are normally more pricey, however, quality is by far the best.

Hey all,

I bought a Fujioh hob and hood yesterday and am quite pleased with the purchase.

only thing is that I decided to go with the two burner hob instead of the three, because it's smaller and who uses three hobs anyway?

Now I'm thinking that there might be occasions where i'll need three burners. I've only used three ones in my life when I was boiling something while cooking pasta and making the sauce at the same time, but other than that i've always used only two.

Any input?

We're getting a new worktop anyway, so if i get the bigger three burner at 880mm widthe the workers can do the changes.

But the two burner is smaller and will give slightly more counterspace to work with in a smallish kitchen.