Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
joper

Hob & Hood - Which Brand Should I Buy?

Hi elfettucine,

I suppose it depends on how often, how much or what type of food you normally cook.

When I cook a complete meal, I often find myself needing 3 burners : soup, stir-frying and maybe one for steaming (fish/veg etc.). Sometimes when I only need a bit of rice or porridge, I cook it in a pot on the 4th burner.

I reckon 3 burners will be useful if your family is going to expand soon. Else should be able to get by with 2 especially if you know your cooking habits well.

:)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi elfettucine,

I suppose it depends on how often, how much or what type of food you normally cook.

When I cook a complete meal, I often find myself needing 3 burners : soup, stir-frying and maybe one for steaming (fish/veg etc.). Sometimes when I only need a bit of rice or porridge, I cook it in a pot on the 4th burner.

I reckon 3 burners will be useful if your family is going to expand soon. Else should be able to get by with 2 especially if you know your cooking habits well.

wow you can REALLY multitask!! haha

I end up got HOBZ from poh choo lavender.

Service not bad. The uncle tell me HobZ got stronger fire compare to cuizino

hi,

i tot of getting HOBZ from poh joo as well. so far any problem using the HOBZ ones? Or should i get a EF ones?

thanks, linda

It seems that Rinnai & Fujioh are both highly recommended here. Which are the good models?

I am looking at Rinnai hob (RB-2CG) & Fujioh hood (FX-900). Please comment on these 2 models.

I am told by the salesperson that both items are made in Japan. True??

After reading the 3 pages of useful feedback, I gather that Rinnai and Fujioh are reliable brands. With these useful collective experience, I will narrow down my post to only Rinnai and Fujioh for now. I'd like to ask for your feedback & experience on the following aspects;

Hood

1. We cook a lot, Chinese style - lots of steaming, frying, boiling. What minimum suction power do you recommend? I have been advised to go for hoods of suction capacity of > 900m3/hr.

2. If that is what your experience/gutfeel recommendation as well (ie >900 m3/hr), what particular Fujioh or Rinnai Hood models do you recommend?

3. Which stores are good bargain, reliable and provide good after sales service?

4. Have you used them personally? What is ur 'cookage' now? > 3 years? No complaints?

5. Based on your experience (can be what you have used previously or currently), what are the sort of routine maintenance and upkeep you need to make for the models you recommend?

Hob

6. I am inclined to flame cookers than induction or hot plates. I saw a friend's Fujioh JPFG-773SGVL hob and the flame seems weak. What models of Fujioh and Rinnai do you recommend for big flames?

7. Same as (3) to (5) above, but for the hob.

Looking forward to hear some real good experience sharing from you guys.

LHK

HI,

juz reserve brandt gas hob(2 gas burners with black tempered glass surface-TG600BS1) & brandt oven (FP667XS1). wan 2 get a cheap & gd hood. any recommendations??

Hi How is your Brandt Gas Hob and Oven? How much did you pay for each item?

Appreciate your reply. =)

Thanks!

Hi Guys,

Anyone of you heard of Hafele Hob/hood? Or anyone used this before? Please share with your experiences. Heard is German brand that mostly done for big projects instead of selling to the retail users.

BTW, I think there are some promo for Mayer carrying Ariston brands. So can check it out at those Mayer shops in SG.

Thanks.

Cheers,

Ben

Hi, i'm looking for island hood. Anybody knows anywhere selling it cheaper? And any particular brand is better? TIA.

Hi Mummy Lynn ;

you may try Bosch , Ariston . they have Island hood.

Kitchen matters

for e hood point, issit installed by the hob & hood supplier or yr electrician has to do it?

& how much will electrician charge if done by him? :unsure:

Hi Noobhouse .

for new projec or home ren. when purchase of new hob and hood , your designer or carpentar ppl will install for you , if i not mistaken, is in the package renovation. If you call the supplier to install , there may be charges . depending on the hood whether is a chimney hood or slimline and whether need to cut any funnel (Chimney only) . You may check with your renovation ppl.

If is for replacement , when delivery the ppl will install for yu but theres may be a ee incurr .

kitchen matters :)

for e hood point, issit installed by the hob & hood supplier or yr electrician has to do it?

& how much will electrician charge if done by him? :unsure:

Hi noobhouse ,

sorry for the wrong infor , i thought is hood and hob installation. :(

For power point installation i check with certain brand supplier , they don't do it . And if done by electrician , it depends on the area .

sorry for the wrong infor:(

kitchen matters

Hi Guys,

Anyone of you heard of Hafele Hob/hood? Or anyone used this before? Please share with your experiences. Heard is German brand that mostly done for big projects instead of selling to the retail users.

BTW, I think there are some promo for Mayer carrying Ariston brands. So can check it out at those Mayer shops in SG.

Thanks.

Cheers,

Ben

Hi Ben

yap i heard of Hafele Brand . they do sell at certain dealers shop ( sellng tap and sink ) . They carry 2 stainless steel hob , 2 glass hob and a few electric hob. There're hood mostly is chimney hood.

I think Geyland area those selling sink and taps shop gt display it .

so far there in the market for a yr or 2 , so far not much feedback . they mostly deals with kitchen structures like hinges and racks :)

kitchen matters