Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
joper

Hob & Hood - Which Brand Should I Buy?

Hi Mummy Lynn ;

you may try Bosch , Ariston . they have Island hood.

Kitchen matters

Hi Kitchen matters,

Thanks! Bosch and Ariston very expensive... I manage to get one from Turbo which i guess is one of the cheapest ard... at $950. Didn't know that island hood can be so much more expensive! :(

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

telescopic vs chimney

anyone is using telescopic? look like is less popular and only selected brands carrying it eg EF, techno and turbo. Im contemplating on buying EF telescopic+3 burners hob $500 cus i like the fact that it is retractable..any views appreciated. thanks!

Hi All,

For some vitroceramic hobs(60cm with 4 cooking hobs), they need at least 30A electricity power for installation. May I know if HDB able to supply this electicity capacity? Many sellers first thing they asked: "Does your Pinnacle HDB supply that much electricity power?" Otherwise, you cant buy this hob. My ID told me that they can ask electrician to do something to achieve this 30A electricity power.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

Ben

Hi Kitchen matters,

Thanks! Bosch and Ariston very expensive... I manage to get one from Turbo which i guess is one of the cheapest ard... at $950. Didn't know that island hood can be so much more expensive! :(

Hi Mummy Lynn ;

No pro. Yes - island hood are more Ex than chimney hood as the stainless steel material and is a full body hood and the braket needed to maintain the weight . So its quite EX.

kitchen matters :)

telescopic vs chimney

anyone is using telescopic? look like is less popular and only selected brands carrying it eg EF, techno and turbo. Im contemplating on buying EF telescopic+3 burners hob $500 cus i like the fact that it is retractable..any views appreciated. thanks!

Hi Joceloh ,

For telescopic model is consider built in to the cabinet ( so the motor cant be seen at all ) But may i know the model that you getting ? cos for telescopic or intergrate hood , it need a air outlet ( mostly right at the top of the cabinet - as i went to check on my client house i saw how they install ) cos if not the air will be blow into your cabinet inside :( Cos hood sucks the air and fumes and re circulate it with charcoal filter which is inside the hood and blow out normal air .

cos i do encounter those install wrong :( As theres no escape for the air so the hood spoilt :(

+++ Always leave a gap from the hob to the hood ( at least 650 mm till 850 mm ) Most ppl now leaves 700mm between the hob and hood .

Kitchen Matters

Hi All,

For some vitroceramic hobs(60cm with 4 cooking hobs), they need at least 30A electricity power for installation. May I know if HDB able to supply this electicity capacity? Many sellers first thing they asked: "Does your Pinnacle HDB supply that much electricity power?" Otherwise, you cant buy this hob. My ID told me that they can ask electrician to do something to achieve this 30A electricity power.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

Ben

Hi ben .

Most HDB can't take the power consumption as most Vitro hob with 4 zones is 6000W . Is best to check with your electrician as air con tks up 15 AMP , storage heater tks up 15 AMP , so theres not much left . Vitro hob need at least 30 AMP power supplier to on 4 zones , if only 15 AMP provide you may on only 2 zones - A bit wasted as you spend $$$$ on 4 zones but cant use . and it may trip the house too

On the safe side : I fully agree with you , check with your electrician , is the best before purchase .

kitchen matters

Hello all,

Came to this thread since im at a crossroad on hood selection.

Pondering on Rinnai RH-Katana or RH-995 CT, since im getting a Rinnai hob,

felt might as well get their hood.

Now thinking of exploring whether other brand of hoods could be alternatives.

Basically looking for something that has minimum 1000m3/hr extraction capacity.

We cook alot, and buying a flat near in-laws equates more house visits and cooking done.

Lol. Had been pre-warned by my in-laws on this lor. :P

My concern with the RH-Katana is that tho the design looks wicked but would its

45 degrees orientation really be able to suck up all the grease and smoke sufficiently?

And it only has Aluminum Grease Filter.

For the RH-995 CT seems like a standard chimney hood.

It has 3 Aluminum Grease filter and Charcoal filter. Anyone knows how do each filter functions?

It'll be great if anyone has recommendations on other hoods with minimum 1000m3/hr extraction capacity yah. Many thanks!

Look forward to your feedbacks! :D

YNWA,

El Nino

Hello all,

Came to this thread since im at a crossroad on hood selection.

Pondering on Rinnai RH-Katana or RH-995 CT, since im getting a Rinnai hob,

felt might as well get their hood.

Now thinking of exploring whether other brand of hoods could be alternatives.

Basically looking for something that has minimum 1000m3/hr extraction capacity.

We cook alot, and buying a flat near in-laws equates more house visits and cooking done.

Lol. Had been pre-warned by my in-laws on this lor. :P

My concern with the RH-Katana is that tho the design looks wicked but would its

45 degrees orientation really be able to suck up all the grease and smoke sufficiently?

And it only has Aluminum Grease Filter.

For the RH-995 CT seems like a standard chimney hood.

It has 3 Aluminum Grease filter and Charcoal filter. Anyone knows how do each filter functions?

It'll be great if anyone has recommendations on other hoods with minimum 1000m3/hr extraction capacity yah. Many thanks!

Look forward to your feedbacks! :D

YNWA,

El Nino

Hi,

I am also quite curious on the effectiveness of the Katana hood. Most searches on the forums yielded results of Rinnai hob/ Fujioh hood combos.

I am very much interested in the RB-3CG/Katana combo as they now have a wicked promo price too...the lowest i found is $1510 for the combo. I'm expecting some heavy cooking action in my new home's kitchen too.

Any real usage reviews from forummers here would be very much appreciated.

Hi,

I am also quite curious on the effectiveness of the Katana hood. Most searches on the forums yielded results of Rinnai hob/ Fujioh hood combos.

I am very much interested in the RB-3CG/Katana combo as they now have a wicked promo price too...the lowest i found is $1510 for the combo.

Hi hi..

$1510 sounds like a good deal for 3CG/Katana combo! Least i was quoted was $1.8k from CityGas.

Where did you get your combo price from? Is it limited period only?

The rest of the shops i asked at all refer to the combo package Rinnai has on their web...no discount

True what you said regarding forummers going for Rinnai hob + Fujioh hood combi.

Am browsing thru some Fujioh hoods too but...at the expense of forgoing style over quality function? Hmmm.... :unsure:

Hi hi..

$1510 sounds like a good deal for 3CG/Katana combo! Least i was quoted was $1.8k from CityGas.

Where did you get your combo price from? Is it limited period only?

The rest of the shops i asked at all refer to the combo package Rinnai has on their web...no discount

True what you said regarding forummers going for Rinnai hob + Fujioh hood combi.

Am browsing thru some Fujioh hoods too but...at the expense of forgoing style over quality function? Hmmm.... :unsure:

hi hi, could u give me e link for the rinnai hob & fujioh hood combi?

u mean can combine or buy separately like this ah?? then who

going to install if u get separately? many thanks !!! :unsure:

oh, there's 1000m3/h extraction hoods for Fujioh??

checked from their website previously but can't seem to find it....which model u guys intending to get for the above? can tell me? thks

hi, think fujioh dun have 1000m3/h extraction hoods...but to be able to list their absorption rating on their site, they must be pretty confident on their hoods functionality and quality...

http://www.fujioh.com.sg/cookerhoods_specs.html

closest would be F1200V (almost 100% absorption rating, chun bo??) but if we staying in HDB then hoods with ventilating ducts are out i guess...

hi hi, could u give me e link for the rinnai hob & fujioh hood combi?

u mean can combine or buy separately like this ah?? then who

going to install if u get separately? many thanks !

hmm..think u gotta find those shops that carries both brands...im not sure which...or just source ard for best price, but you can definitely combine or buy separately yah...dun have to be same brand hood and hob..

your reno contractor can install both for you i guess...mine quoted at $50...i ask the shops is like >$100 EACH...

funny is the rinnai combi i was offered was lower than their islandwide package if i buy individually...

dun make sense leh...package shd be cheaper tio? :dunno:

YNWA,

El Nino

hi, think fujioh dun have 1000m3/h extraction hoods...but to be able to list their absorption rating on their site, they must be pretty confident on their hoods functionality and quality...

closest would be F1200V (almost 100% absorption rating, chun bo??) but if we staying in HDB then hoods with ventilating ducts are out i guess...

hmm..think u gotta find those shops that carries both brands...im not sure which...or just source ard for best price, but you can definitely combine or buy separately yah...dun have to be same brand hood and hob..

your reno contractor can install both for you i guess...mine quoted at $50...i ask the shops is like >$100 EACH...

funny is the rinnai combi i was offered was lower than their islandwide package if i buy individually...

YNWA,

El Nino

thank el nino. yeah i read rinnai as a package is more ex than buy separate. weird logic.

but I'm looking at either Fujioh FX900 (V is for export if not wrong) or 800MK2 but must discuss w wifey 1st.

she originally thought package better. wow this forum really open my eyes.

YNWA,

El Nino

u noe ar, toking abt the ventilating ducts thingy....it's really strange tat brands do offer chimney hoods n all but then, for hdb flats if u use those, it would be useless or rather, same as slimline hoods since there's no place to 're-vent' the oil n heat?? is it true ar? i mean, if tat's the case, then wat's the point in getting a chimney hood wif 1000m3/h?? :bangwall:

tat's really strange leh....but understand tat if u get from poh joo....rennai shd have pkg which is reasonably priced? honestly, not too sure cos i didn't check out rinnai myself...

btw, anyone getting or alrd got franke hood + hob?? if so, any comments??

u noe ar, toking abt the ventilating ducts thingy....it's really strange tat brands do offer chimney hoods n all but then, for hdb flats if u use those, it would be useless or rather, same as slimline hoods since there's no place to 're-vent' the oil n heat?? is it true ar? i mean, if tat's the case, then wat's the point in getting a chimney hood wif 1000m3/h?? :bangwall:

haha...as i learn more abt recycling and ducting...does invalid the need for a hood right?

the only pro i can of is its for a 'quick fix' to remove the grease and smoke etc...especially

for those with open kitchen and/or clothes being hung to dry within the kitchen.. :unsure:

YNWA,

El Nino