Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
joper

Hob & Hood - Which Brand Should I Buy?

Hi oxboy,

did you check the battery? Maybe battery no more. I just changed mine a few months ago when the ignition got no sound. After changing the battery, it was back to normal. Very convenient. I also used my turbo hob for abt 2 years, still working fine. I'm happy with the big fire!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
In a WingTai condo and the developers gave us TURBO hob, hood and microwave oven.

It's been 3 years and the hob igniter is not working anymore. When I called the serviceman to take a look I had to pay $42.80 just for him just to come down.

Apparently, the spring was rusted and he replaced it no extra charge. But after 2 weeks, it is not working again.

It is kind of dangerous to have a hob that is not working properly as there is gas involved.

And it doesn't seem like the serviceman knows what is the problem as it is broken again.

I am looking to replace the hob as I don't want to inconvenience my tenant any more than I already have.

Any recommendations for hobs that is long lasting and worry free?

Should I buy from CityGas or Audiohouse or just some generic shop on the street?

Thanks in advance...

I use my Turbo hob 4yrs and have been having problem with it too. Service man came to replace some parts 2yrs ago and now it's not in good condition again. I feel that the fire "spread out" hence it takes longer time to boil/cook something. Kinda waste gas too. The fire in big and middle burners will sometimes "auto" stop when cooking halfway. Any advice why like this?

maybe you can call the turbo people and ask for their professional opinion about what is wrong with your hob?

if you're cooking halfway and the fire goes off without you knowing can be quite dangerous! better call them and have it check out!

Got a Rinnai katana, with hob and the oven ....lots of problems..shift in since May till now..change 3 times katana and now force to change to another model..

guess wat the 3 katana that i had all rusty...:( guess its jus my luck or wat :(

anyone used ELBA hood and Brandt Hob? Care to share ur experience? thanks vm! :)

any advice on ELBA hood and Brandt Hob, anyone??? :)

I intend to get this beauty...Rinnai 2 CG model....burner is recessed & looks really cool & neat!!!

However, there is this strip of opening at rear of the hob for air intake....so this means things can fall through this opening & into below compartments of the kitchen cabinet. Anybody has installed & can share experience of this hob?

http://www.rinnai.com.my/products.php

Btw,not sure abt the price if get from JB. The last quote I found in this forum was S$670 for the 2 CG model.

I saw a display at Poh Seng. Price shown was abt $800+

anyone familiar with turbo's glass hobs?

i'm getting the 2-burner glass hob from them.

was attracted to it as it is pure white in color as compared to the other white glass hobs which has a slight bluish or cream tint in them.

said to be made from toughened glass, it has heavy duty pot stands as well.

as a light cooker, i think this would be perfect for my kitchen. and it'll be easier to clean as well.

as for the hood, i haven't decided on a model yet. any recommendations?

Anyone here uses Fujioh FX900 Hood?? My concerns will be ease of cleaning and reasonable suction power for light cooking.

We're still not sure what brand of hob to get. Seen reviews about Rinnai's burners that will get rusty after sometime.

Any comments will be appreciated.

Also, anyone here going to organize a group buy for Hood and Hob???

Edited by woodydodo

anyone familiar with De Dietrich hobs and hoods? Need info.

My reply is probably too late but anyway...

Perhaps you'll like to go to their showroom to see the various models and ask questions there? Their staff are more knowledgeable about DD products compared to the retailers. Last time I was there this lady called Florence was quite nice, no hard sell.

Address:

La Galerie De Dietrich

120 Lower Delta Road

#01-04

The Cendex

Singapore 169208

Tel: 6508 4600

Has anyone heard of EF hobs and hoods? (Apparently they're the sister brand of the Elba brand)

Wife and i purchased an EF hood and tempered glass hob from Mega Discount yesterday, currently mulling over whether this was a good decision considering we read some stories about how some tempered glass hobs shattered for no reason.

hey there.

i think with glass hobs there will be many limitations to how you can use it.

for example before i got my glass hob from turbo, the sales person clearly explained to me to do's and donts for the hobs and even asked me to consider it again based on my cooking habits.

hey there.

i think with glass hobs there will be many limitations to how you can use it.

for example before i got my glass hob from turbo, the sales person clearly explained to me to do's and donts for the hobs and even asked me to consider it again based on my cooking habits.

Thanks! That's what he told me too - no heavy wok, no violent stir-frying (not sure if my stir-fry is violent, maybe it needs more kung fu). Now thinking of changing to gas hob instead :bangwall: