Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
joper

Hob & Hood - Which Brand Should I Buy?

Fujioh is great. Used mine for cooking 2 meals a day for 8 yrs' with no probs.

Current new house came with electrolux hob & hood. Really bad. Repaired twice in space of 6 mths, unfortunately after warantee expired (1yr only). Been using it for only 2 years to date!! Total cost of repairs $200 plus cos they insist on $70 transport & labor charge before even giving u an appointment time! Regardless of what's wrong! Parts not included. Service is slow, customer care is more dollars & cents rather than taking pride on their brand name & seeking to help customers use/have faith on Thierry products. Control panel of my cooler hood fell off- looks like it's just been glued on, no fixtures like clips or

hooks to hold it in place. And I have to pay for repairs! For

shoddy workmanship, bad design & poor quality fr Electrolux! And I'm charged the usual transport/ labour cost before they even come down to take a look!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Zero,

Any idea what is good for a small kitchen? Was looking at Fujioh FX900 and Rinnai RB-2CG. But Rinnai RB-2CG is way too expensive in my previous quotes (800+). I need a hob that is < 800 in width. Fujioh hood is quite long (590) and thick (190) as well.

Any other good inner flame models? Is Ellane any good? Was recommended EH-2988 which is shorter (500) and slimmer (100). But not sure how their hobs are though (confirm no inner flame though).

Thanks!

fyi just gt the delivery of my fujioh hob and hoob... its said.. design in japan and MADE IN CHINA.

This is the FX900. I bought it and I am aware of that. zero did inform me. However after studying the different options I still decided to go for this. The other slimline fujioh hood that is made in Japan has lower oil extraction compared to the FX900. And all Fujioh hoods come with a 3 year guarantee anyway. For the price I think FX900 is acceptable. If you don't like it you can get it changed for the Japan model after 3 years. The other made in Japan Fujioh models were not suitable for my kitchen decor.

I did not buy Fujioh hob so cannot comment on that.

Edited by ugoh

Hi Zero, can pm me the prices for the following hood & hob packages:

1. HOBZ HG833 + HH6210SS

2. Fujioh FG793GL + MF1100/ or GF900/ or 800MK2

And could you comment on these packages? TQ.

just to share: been using aerogaz hood & 3 hob package for 2.5 yrs. So far its been good. use it for standard cooking. Bought direct from aerogaz s'pore during sale promotion but forgot price already. Mine is black tempered glass with shiny colouful dots in it. The hood is also matching black color. Tat time promotion they throw in 3 free auto gas shutoff sensor valves for the 3 burners. The sensor will detect flame presence and switch off gas valve for safety. Once i tested it and it works!!

Hi all!

Is anyone able to advise which brand of those slimline retractable hoods are good? I've actually shortlisted Bosch and Electrolux - the Brandt one is nice but its 90cm; I only have space for 60cm +/-

I don't cook often, and don't usually cook oily stuffs, but mine's an open kitchen so still need a relatively good one which can absorb the oil and smell. Anyone can advise please?

Thank you!

Hi Zero,

do you have a price list for Fujioh and brandt range? I shortlisted these 2 brands but have not decided on the actual model.

(Brandt maybe getting AD789XE1, Fujitoh still discussing with hubby)

Can kindly pm me the price list. Btw wats yr company name, any store front to view?

Thanks !

Hi Zero,

After some thoughts...

Electrolux vs Bosch hoob slim model (90cm) for open concept kitchen, do i need bigger suction power?

As per 2 previous model i sent it to you is it sufficient enough?

Any Electrolux promotion on going? (dont plan to use Chimney Hood)

I prefer to stick with Electrolux or Bosch ~

Thanks

Anyone can advice where can i see live demo sets for fujioh, rinnai. Turbo etc hood?

Am not sure of thr suction power. Would love to feel it before deciding.

Tia