joper

Hob & Hood - Which Brand Should I Buy?

Hi Zero,

Kindly please quote the following

1. TECNO T333TG glass hob (silver)

2. TECNO TH968T Slimline Hood

3. TECNO TMO38 Built-in Oven

Thanks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi All,

Just like to share my findings so everybody can make a more informed purchased decision.

Last week, after some in depth research on kitchen appliances, I requested a quote from Jerome (a.k.a Zero) for some Techno kitchen appliances, namely Hob, Hood, Oven. In his reply, he quoted me a price for the requested items but however, went on to heavily promote Fujioh and Rinnai products instead, claiming that they were better. This got me a little suspicious as it was contrary to what my research have found. Many electrical and hardware shops had in fact told me that Fujioh and Rinnai products are inferior in terms of both quality and functionality to that of other market players. Being the skeptic, I continued my research and found out from this forum that Jerome (Zero) is the small boss of Kah Hock Repairer and Trading. I once again approached few other electrical shops and in my conversations with them, found out that Kah Hock Repairer and Trading also happens to be Fujioh and Rinnai’s contractor for installation and repair services. It then made sense to me as to why Jerome (Zero) pushed these two brands so heavily (would have 2 sources of income instead of 1?).

I believe that I am not the only one who has experienced this and sincerely hope that my findings can help make everyone more aware about the possible reasoning behind his recommendations. Hopefully this would help everyone here make a more informed choice when buying.

hmmm.... just want to say, don't listen to what the sales people tell no matter which company it is. You should do your research based on people who have used the products and provided their review.

I bought from them because they provided the best price for my Rinnai stove, Fujioh Hob , samsung fridge and washing machine and other appliances,

I however, bought them because many reviews rated them well. So far, no issues for me.

Another thing, those shops who told the the brands are not good might be doing that because they might not be getting good rates for rinnai and fujioh.

just my 2 cents.

Hmm... I can't agree totally. I say people should go down to the shop and have a hands on feel (as pictures and write-ups can be really deceiving sometimes), make their Own logical comparisons, and then decide for themselves based on their own specific needs and requirements. There are just too many sly tactics used these days. I believe many sellers get their friends or even have a few active accounts on forums to post positive feedback for themselves. Personally, I'd beware of those who are especially active. Just my opinion.

hmmm.... just want to say, don't listen to what the sales people tell no matter which company it is. You should do your research based on people who have used the products and provided their review.

I bought from them because they provided the best price for my Rinnai stove, Fujioh Hob , samsung fridge and washing machine and other appliances,

I however, bought them because many reviews rated them well. So far, no issues for me.

Another thing, those shops who told the the brands are not good might be doing that because they might not be getting good rates for rinnai and fujioh.

just my 2 cents.

Hmm... I can't agree totally. I say people should go down to the shop and have a hands on feel (as pictures and write-ups can be really deceiving sometimes), make their Own logical comparisons, and then decide for themselves based on their own specific needs and requirements. There are just too many sly tactics used these days. I believe many sellers get their friends or even have a few active accounts on forums to post positive feedback for themselves. Personally, I'd beware of those who are especially active. Just my opinion.

All sales people have their own agenda. Always go mentally prepared and read between the lines. Alot of them spew information with lots of irrelevant cosmetic aspects. To the less technically inclined, it would seem a great buy. For stuff like hobs and hoods, who can test it before buying if you don't personally know anybody using it? In the end, it all boils down to what each perceives to be important to the purchase. Do not just read reviews from one location but various. In the end, sales people should only be the party you use to make the purchase, not to glean critical information from.

Any hob recommendations to replace my Fujioh FG773? Two of the burners just died on me after 15 months of use. Figured it'd be more economical to get a new one. Heard Turbo and Tecno are the most reliable in the market? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Anyone using Electrolux oven hood & hob? They are having promotion till end Jan 2014, price is pretty attractive, as there's PWP of built in microwave as well. Am 1st time shopping for oven, gonna use it for both grilling and baking, so not sure which brand to choose.

I would not recommend getting the EF hob and hood despite it being free. My ID previously also threw in an EF hob and hood FOC when I did my reno and my experience with it was really bad. One of the burners was not working right from the start while the other two had really Orange flames which resulted in my pots and cookware becoming Black at the bottom. I called the agent to get them to send a technician but they did not turn up the first time round. When the technician finally came after a second appointment, he repaired the spoilt burner but could not solve the Orange flame problem, saying 'its like that one'. I subsequently called in to complain again but after 2 weeks had no response. I was so fed up that I went to buy a new hob from a more trusted brand. At the electrical shop, I found out from the boss that most of EF's stuff are actually very poorly made and had many complaints. Most contractors however throw them in because they have access to it at a very cheap price.

My newly bought gas hob produce flame with orange color

Is this kind of flame color and noise normal (using PUB gas) normal?

Technician said "it is normal". "It is because of moisture in the gas"

Edited by 102881472

Yours looks and sounds fine. The flame actually looks very blue. The occasional orange bursts are probably due to dust particles in the air which combust when they come into contact with the fire.

The flames on mine were on the other hand almost like candle flames with 3/4 of it being orange until you cant even see the blue part.

Yours looks and sounds fine. The flame actually looks very blue. The occasional orange bursts are probably due to dust particles in the air which combust when they come into contact with the fire.

The flames on mine were on the other hand almost like candle flames with 3/4 of it being orange until you cant even see the blue part.

Thanks for the input.