Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
joper

Hob & Hood - Which Brand Should I Buy?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I have never used a hood my entire life as mom's place is a standalone cooker with oven unit. Although I got one for my new place, I have a a few friends and my aunt commented that hoods doesn't do much to remove smell of fumes? It this true? I don't have fabric sofas but I didn't install a kitchen door either so abit worried about cooking smells getting into other parts of the house. Is there one consumer brand of hood that can remove at least 80% of the fumes effectively?

In my opinion, hoods aren't that effective at all. Most of them are generally noisy and because the hood is quite a distance from the cooker top, fumes are bound to spread around rather than being removed totally by the hood.

Unless the hood sucks out all the air from the kitchen(which is ridiculous).

On 4/15/2016 at 2:51 PM, Alanwong1975 said:

In my opinion, hoods aren't that effective at all. Most of them are generally noisy and because the hood is quite a distance from the cooker top, fumes are bound to spread around rather than being removed totally by the hood.

Unless the hood sucks out all the air from the kitchen(which is ridiculous).

Gives me an impression a toilet ventilation fan is more effective, plus cheaper too provided it's close enough to expel the smells from the cooker area la...:D

7 hours ago, bipps said:

Gives me an impression a toilet ventilation fan is more effective, plus cheaper too provided it's close enough to expel the smells from the cooker area la...:D

Well, we all know the toilet ventilation fan does the job!

I went to U-home to get our hob & hood, and the saleslady (Florence) also told us that the hood is more for show haha. But all the places I went to look at, they told us to get a hood that's wider than the hob. So I guess some fumes will get sucked in?

On 4/26/2016 at 6:48 PM, sundaywalker said:

I went to U-home to get our hob & hood, and the saleslady (Florence) also told us that the hood is more for show haha. But all the places I went to look at, they told us to get a hood that's wider than the hob. So I guess some fumes will get sucked in?

Well, for sure fumes would get sucked in, but just that with fumes still escaping the kitchen, makes the hood less dependable.

On 5/5/2016 at 11:02 PM, dreamoka said:

Where to shop for hob & hood? Anyone can recommend brand and model?

Usually i go to the big departmental stores first to check out the new models and brands that i am interested in. But nowadays it is also very easy to shop online for appliances. Just go online and google, there are quite many selections and promotions too. I am using Teka CGWLUX4G hob, works better for me than the one i had before this. 

On 5/8/2016 at 9:54 AM, S4ms said:

Anyone used Delonghi hob and hood?

Havnt heard of anyone using Delonghi hob and hood before. 

Looks like Teka is having a discount this weekend. Any one have review from them? Any existing users?

2 hours ago, S4ms said:

Looks like Teka is having a discount this weekend. Any one have review from them? Any existing users?

Can't find the info on the sale. Heard Teka is quite a reliable brand .