Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bassy

Water Pressure Low

Compliant to TC they told me the pressure is low for high floor mine is 9th floor and i have change to copper pipes. So shd i go to HDB or PUB to compliant?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Both of them won't or can't help you.

You just have to live with it. One way is to buy a "stop cord", this should be able to help a bit.

I learned this from my contractor who did the reno work for my house. I am living in the 10th floor.

Yokine: What is this "stop cord"? and is it true for all high floors to have water pressure issues? Will the double-flow from a storage heater tank solve the problem somewhat? :rolleyes:

Both of them won't or can't help you.

You just have to live with it. One way is to buy a "stop cord", this should be able to help a bit.

I learned this from my contractor who did the reno work for my house. I am living in the 10th floor.

I think they can solve the issue it whether they want to do it. My previous hse use to be low pressure after they change the outside water pipe the pressure quite strong

It is a water tap that connects directly to your heater. When I was in the shop that sells bathroom accessories, I just mentioned "stop cord" and the sale girl knew what I wanted.

Yes, not sure about newer flats, but all old flats have this water pressure issue cos higher units are closer to the water tank at roof top.

Don't know what double-flow is, can't answer your qtn :P

Pressure problem is HDB problem.

Sometimes, it is not the water pipe that is causing the problem, it is the shower head that connect to your water outlet. Their pipe might be too small or too thick that slow down the water flow.

One of my tap in the bathroom was flowing alright until I put in a PUB water saving rubber ring (forgot its name, got it free from PUB), the water flow immediately slowed down. In the end, I removed the rubber ring.

Also, the water how the water pipe runs in your flat can make a difference. It should be closed to the same level as your water tap.

Thanks Yokine. By double-flow I meant the combine rush of hot/cold water from two pipes due to the installation of a storage heater tank may increase the throughput. I think the rubber ring is called a thimble? Yes agree that running it at the height which the water tap is located would be good.