Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
poppytree

Life Story Versus Life Storey

Well, I am not so fortunate :help: I ordered my sofa from the fake life storey at Genting Lane in April and till now, they postpone the delivery date for the 3rd time. To date, I am still unable to get an actual delivery date. When I ask for refund, the boss said there is no refund and if I choose to cancel my order, my money paid will be forefeited. I am stuck as I had paid the amount in full. Their attitude before and after sales are really miles apart. I will never buy from them anymore. For those who haven't purchase, please do not buy from them to save you from misery.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I too purchased my furniture from them.

It's scheduled to be delivered 21 June 2008... If they keep delaying the furniture who can we bring this up to? CASE?

Likewise I have made a full payment.

Edited by aaronteresa

I too purchased my furniture from them.

It's scheduled to be delivered 21 June 2008... If they keep delaying the furniture who can we bring this up to? CASE?

Likewise I have made a full payment.

Oh no...I have also bought some furniture from Life Story...now known as Living Story...I guess they might have received some feedback from Life Storey.

Anyway, I hope they will keep to their promise and deliver in time and with good quality items.

aaronteresa, I guess CASE can be an option. But if they keep postpone on delivery date, I guess we can request for a refund...I hope....else Small Claim might be another option.

Let's see how things will unfold....my delivery date is on 26th June

Delaying delivery is one problem, the bigger problem is when they delivered the goods, there is problem or defects on the good! Yesterday, they delivered the dining table and there are cracks and scratches on them! And they said they can only send replacement set 1 month later!! And they EXPECT me to call them in one month's time to check with them!! Really bad service!! The deliveryman mentioned they always have to bring back goods that they deliver to customers cos customers reject the goods due to bad condition.

Anyway, for those who have bought from them, do check very carefully when the goods are delivered.

For those lucky ones who have not bought, DO NOT BUY FROM LIVING STORY!! (Genting lane)

Edited by friends_fan55

For those who still have outstanding deliveries, I strongly advise to get the items ASAP. For my cause, its after some pastering then they suddenly say they would deliver the items the following day (and its a working day somemore). Well after we read the thread from poppytree, we just took 1/2 day leave to see to the delivery of the items. Well the items delivered are of ok quality, but the installation of my coffee table (the $399 one which they always advertise) is abit off. So my father have to finish off the installation (though quite minor).

For those still have outstanding items, please call 63668062 to confirm your delivery. Do quote your invoice no. for faster processing.

Hope this helps. Cheers!!!

Oh no...I have also bought some furniture from Life Story...now known as Living Story...I guess they might have received some feedback from Life Storey.

Anyway, I hope they will keep to their promise and deliver in time and with good quality items.

aaronteresa, I guess CASE can be an option. But if they keep postpone on delivery date, I guess we can request for a refund...I hope....else Small Claim might be another option.

Let's see how things will unfold....my delivery date is on 26th June

my advice to you, try to get back your $$ asap they will delay your delivery when they have collect all customer $$$$ they can close their business in 24hr till then you go to case or small cliam is too late

even then you go to small cliam, the company can declare bankrupt.

and register a name company name, this is a lesson to be learn.

don't ever purchase any goods from new company this had happen many years many times

my advice to you, try to get back your $$ asap they will delay your delivery when they have collect all customer $$$$ they can close their business in 24hr till then you go to case or small cliam is too late

even then you go to small cliam, the company can declare bankrupt.

and register a name company name, this is a lesson to be learn.

don't ever purchase any goods from new company this had happen many years many times

One of the company, Berllini closed down change to The Orange then closed change to kai c tiam again and again. The Boss drove BM 7 series had 3 landed properties and private apartment this were

how he became RICH

I just called the delivery or rather logistics line, they now pushed my delivery from 21 June till 15 July!!!!!

If this is the case, I forsee them not even sending my items, can I proceed to go to CASE before they end up closing down and running away with my money?

This is pretty sad, knowing that my wife & I pumped our hard earned money into their products and getting such crappy service. I'm not very happy to wait till 15 July as my renovation is almost complete. Without my dining table and chairs where am I supposed to have my dinners at? On the floor?

21 June till 15 July will be almost a full month and I purchased my items on April.

Can anyone advise what I should do as I intend to just get my money back.

Edited by aaronteresa

I have just called the logistic department...spoke to a lady by the name of Joanne....so far my delivery is on schedule...now i hope they will arrive safe and sound.....this is unnecessary tension :(

i hav a totally different experience from some guys. infact i purchase 5k worth of furnitures from tem and after seeing the earlier post i got so worried dat i went to case and the bank to cancel my transaction but i was not allow to. my actual date of delivery is 15th july(hse oni ready by then) after reading all tis posting i got tem to send it on 2nd june!(store in present owner hse) can u believe it, it's so much earlier and i was promiz dat date and all the goods arrive on time except for a coffe table which i was told on my purchase dat it'l be late. all the sales are beri polite and all the goods r in good condition. from my experience all their furnitures are thru different suppliers, tey dun hav any delivery guys so ther wun be any quality issues coz its direct frm factory. i dare say their quality is good, i m wondering y is there some neg postings. i sense dat there is some flaming here.

Hi lezleung,

Actually we are just voicing our own personal experience. So far there is indeed alot of question floating around the sudden change in the name of the company itself. I think the flaming is indeed a very hush word being used here. In fact, I can even sense that someone here is infact trying to put some good words for them instead.

Cheers

Hi lezleung,

To allay the fear for some of us out there.. would you be ok to post some pictures of your furniture?

:notti:

well you know, it could just be the luck of the draw.

maybe some ppl were fortunate enough to get good service, while others didn't.

(edit) but i certainly would NOT call it 'flaming', more like 'giving feedback' only.

Edited by gumbokins

Well this is very different from the case of Best T**k or A** B**t. Cause from there we can see that no matter what happens (be it good or bad services, they always stand by their company name, but in this case, they suddenly change their name, and it so happens that their original name BTW is very similar to a very famous brand).

From my own experience, when I first called the sales office, the lady did mentioned that they need to confirm the shipment date from HK, but then after that I called the logistics department, they said they still haven't confirm the shipment date from China!!! If you see the advertisment in the papers, you can clearly see that they claimed that their product is shipping in from all the well known cities (and one one of the product is the very same product I purchased!!). So is this called flaming???

And this is the first time I ever see anyone come in, stating that all the rest who are facing poor performance from a particular co. comes in, say that he/she has got good service and then accuss the rest of "flaming" a particular co.

As I said, we are all here to voice/warn others of possible poor service from a particular co, so please stop your nonsense of starting this "flaming" war.