Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
poppytree

Life Story Versus Life Storey

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
so do anyone here manage to buy furniture from them and able to have the furniture delivery on time?

I think deliver late is better than no delivery at all....so is there anyone who has bought from them and manage to get the right stuff eventually?

But seriously, logistics hiccups can happen in any company unless C & C.

I think deliver late is better than not deliver at all....so is there anyone who has bought from them and manage to get the right stuff eventually?

But serioulsy, logsitics hiccups can happen in any company unless C & C.

Edited by jenandy

But to me... if they are able to commit the date... they should be able to deliver them on time... anyway... after reading so many bad feedback, as long as i'm able to get my furniture in good condition, i should consider myself lucky.

Anyone here able to have the furniture delivery on time?

Seems to have lots of good feedback at Morris at Admiralty....sheesh....should have read more on this forum before commitng...but you know human beings.....sometimes we are a bit impatient....and with so many furniture shops in singapore, it's tough....I think i saw a pic of the dining set at Morris which other places are selling over 1.2K but they are selling only for 899....sheesh...and with almost no hiccups in delivery and service.....double sheesh...

after my bad experience with living story and we only bought our sofa from them....

we went to OM to buy our dining chairs and Lush to get our coffee table and dining table yesterday....we realize that after all, the price difference is not that great....

Cannot help but also add to this thread, if all these are true about "life story", isn't there something out there to protect the consumers?, other than CASE>?

These bunch of people is out to cheat, nothing more!!, they take your money and either go bust or delivery to poor quality product and not wanting to replace it etc... This cannot be happening in SG.

ROC must have records of people that is dishonest and keep registering companies with the intention to cheat!!! :furious:

I personally am a "safe" shopper, i spend a lot of time reading and assessing and hope not to meet shops like above. It just drive more stress for me.

I am lost on what i can do to help and hope that someone with some background either with the Sg Law or Co Law to provide some options. :notti:

after my bad experience with living story and we only bought our sofa from them....

we went to OM to buy our dining chairs and Lush to get our coffee table and dining table yesterday....we realize that after all, the price difference is not that great....

Thank God my sofa is still in perfect condition!!!!

I paid $1.8k for it and i really feel the pinch to buy such an expensive sofa from them....low quality and low service!!!

Hi all,

Think my dinning table is starting to fall apart, as bits and pcs are coming out from it. Now really having a big headache on how to fix the pcs back. Sianz!!!

Bro, i also got my dining table from them.....isn't there supposed to have warranty on the structure? Though i think most of the time warranty is bull****....but how long have you use the dining table only? Sheesh man......now i'm really beginning to worry.....

Can those who have bought furnitures from them and so far no problem one please say some words? I don't think all their items are worthless....actually most of their items can also be seen in some other shops etc.....unless they can imitate each other until so perfect, I believe all of these are from the same supplier....so how can it be other shops not having problems but this having so much problems? Unles they took the defective goods?

Edited by jenandy

Well the fact is not with the quality of the items, but with the installation. As i stress again, the quality is really quite good, but the China guys who did the installation really is questionable, in the sense they don't seem pro the way they go about with the installation. The problem with my table is that a piece metal (as my table if metal with tempered class top type) just fell out last nite. Well will try to post a picture tomorrow nite to state my case.

And really, even as I post a pic here, I don;t think its also very meaningful as normally, I presume most of the owners would do some extend of checking of the items, and of course, if really beyond accpetable, the items will be rejected right at the spot. So this is something I think I need to clear the air about. And most of the complains, which include my, is really about the attitude of the company, rather than the items themselves.

Cheers

henrywool1978 : I think you can call the shop back and ask them to fix the dining table back for you if you have problem doing it yourself. Hopefully, you dont meet with the same chinese guy who did da poor installation job thereby causing you this problem.

Hi all

Just want to share my experience....unfortunately, not a very good one....

I have ordered 4 sets of furniture from Life Story....later renamed to Living Story....in April. The male sales person then was very good. He gave my wife and I very good introduction to the company and also the products they have. He mentioned that more products are being shipped as we were talking. AND....he said that they are HI-END furniture shop ready to invest in shoprooms at popular malls...such as Park Mall...an example he gave.....and are ready to complete with more established brands like Life Storey, AIR, OM, etc....

He was very convincing and we ended up purchasing 4 sets of furniture....from catelogue, without seeing the actual items...that's the level of trust we had....and honestly the items in the showroom are nice.

We ordered in April and arranged for the furniture to be delivered in June. That sales man (later realised he is a senior sales manager or maybe even a partner) even thank us for giving them time to settle in and PROMISED that there will not be any delays, since delivery is two months later.

One month later, the shop called us to go to the showroom at Genting (yes...still in Genting warehouse and until today never see any hi-end showroom of theirs in any major malls) to see the actual pieces. They managed to show us 3 out of the 4 sets we ordered.....so far so good...

Oh...that was my 2nd visit to the shop...and that senior sales person did not even say hello to us...or smile. He was a total different person altogether. We even smile at him...he just sat there as if we were invisible...that's the impression my wife and i got....we thought well, maybe he was not feeling well that day....

I found this thread and got a little concerned. So I called them again....that was one week before delivery.....the delivery dept said that all items have arrived and ready to be delivered......good.....no problem then.

Still feeling uneasy, we went to the shop again on the weekend before delivery, that's 3 or 4 days before the items are to be deliver to my home and 2 days after my conversation with the delivery dept...guess what?.....A lady (I must say a professional sales lady) told us that only two items are ready for delivery!!.....we were disappointed and angry...how can items just become "unavailable" within a couple of days?????

And this male senior sales person came over....AND he was not polite at all....his attitude was as if I owe him a large sum of money....They started to give some excuses and stories, saying that sometime newly weds couple requested to have furniture earlier and so they try to accommodate and will inform the other buyers.....BUT in my case nobody called me and worst, I just got confirmation that all items were ready for delivery 2 days ago.....and a couple days later the status changed without informing us.

After further discussion, the conclusion was that they will delivery the 2 available items, loan us a set (dinning table and chairs) and owe us the 4th item.

Oh....forgot to mention, we paid 50% of the total amount as deposit on day 1.

On the day of delivery, the 3 items were sent over as promised....while setting up the coffee table....they realised that there were alignment problem so need to bring back to the factory....while they were setting up the coffee table, i noticed scratches on the glass and moulds on the wood......I commented to the delivery men, anyway, they need to bring a new set over since the alignment is out, so I did not pursue further.......and they delivered the coffee table on the same evening....a little hic-up but so far so good, right?...wrong!!....the coffee table collapsed on the next day!!!.

I called that professional sales lady immediately.....she said she will arrange for a replacement...but after analysing the design, I think there is some design problem that's why the table collapsed. I called them again and insist on changing to another model....and they agreed after some negotiation.

I went back to the shop...the 4th time...to select a new model and to discuss on the issue. This senior sales person, knowing that I am there to discuss on the issue, decided to assign a junior sales person to handle me....he walked out of the showroom and started chatting with the other sales people......for half of the questions I asked this junior sales person, she needed to walk out to ask him....I then got impatient and requested for this senior sales person to come over....instead he went upstairs and call a phone downstairs....we ended up talking on the phone.....this is the lowest service level I have ever encountered. Can you imagine that? I was there with some issues...instead of working with me to solve the issues, he decided not to manage me, prefer to have a chat with colleagues....and worst used a phone to talk to me when we are in the same building!!!....

That's when I decided to ask for my deposit back, since he is no longer interested in our transaction....but the SENIOR sales person mentioned that I cannot, as it was written in the sales order that deposit will not be refunded....I think that I have a case against them, since they were not able to deliver all items as per sales order. And one of the items collapsed within 24hrs.

But after some thoughts, I decided to negotiate with them, minimise lost and end all communication with them.....I did not want to spend any more time and effort with them.....

After 3 rounds of negotiation on phone, the arrangement was for me to pay for the single item that is delivered and working....but I have to pay GST and transport ($80!!!) which were waived as we bought 4 items initiately....and they gave us back whatever is left from the deposit

I decided not to go into further discussion and accepted the arrangement. It is just not worth it. Too much frustration....

My advice to all is to be very careful if you have dealings with them. Keep checking on the status and make sure you get hold of one of the Partners. The lady whom I communicated is professional. I understand she is one of the partners and also a supplier.

I am not sure if they are the "hit-&-run" type...so far they are still advertising in the papers....BUT 5 floors of furniture....er.....5 floors, yes...filled with furniture....don't think so.....QUALITY furniture....er......depends on how quality is defined

If you have not dealed with them....well, do consider the experience shared here....

In the end, I went to a more reputable shop to buy the other 3 missing items. I paid just a few hundreds more but I got myself a bigger dinning table and two more dinning chairs....nett, spent a couple hundred more, received better service and product quality is much better.