Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hapimint

Up North

We bought a Jumbo in woodlands last year.... so its quite big... about 133 sqm... but the issue is that we are only planning our wedding end of this year and therefore, I am starting to research about renovation now!!!

Not sure how much to plan? When to start? what exactly to do (though I have some plans)......

Haiz.... people say, decide on the design theme... for me, I want it to look big and spacious.... and bright.... haha.... My hubby says.... so big le still want it to look bigger?

floorplan.jpg

Any body got some good contractors, good IDs or good ideas to contribute? haha... my hubby not free so leaving the renovation wholely to me... I think if I am the one to meet the renovators, sure kena chopped de...

Haiz....

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Congrats on getting ur new place!

The layout looks great... love the clear cut design.

Oh~ juz realize i'm the first to spam chop-chop :rofl:

Was wondering how much did you pay for this place?

Edited by tofler

super big.. wow..

lots of leg space.. hee

how much did you get the place for?? can reveal??

Edited by softballer

We bought a Jumbo in woodlands last year.... so its quite big... about 133 sqm... but the issue is that we are only planning our wedding end of this year and therefore, I am starting to research about renovation now!!!

Not sure how much to plan? When to start? what exactly to do (though I have some plans)......

Haiz.... people say, decide on the design theme... for me, I want it to look big and spacious.... and bright.... haha.... My hubby says.... so big le still want it to look bigger?

Any body got some good contractors, good IDs or good ideas to contribute? haha... my hubby not free so leaving the renovation wholely to me... I think if I am the one to meet the renovators, sure kena chopped de...

Haiz....

Wah!! Balcony in MBR! :dribble::dribble: If i were you, i'll hack the wall b/w mbr toilet and balcony, and then have a L-shape wet and dry bathrm !! :dribble: With a bathtub in the middle and glass doors at the L-shape... :dribble: *dreaming*

spam chop too :dancingqueen:

yah agree with them that the balcony in the MBR is :dribble: :dribble:

can have a claw-leg long bath there :wub: :wub:

really like your layout, big and squarish

most importantly, NO HHS :good:

Tofler, softballer,

Well, honestly, I bought this flat at a very affordable price.... hehe... we bought just before the sudden rise in property prices... probably a week before... the news of the crazy prices in HDB...

So we paid 270k for our flat....then after all the grant of 40k, well, you calculate? hehe.... :dancingqueen:

Skywolf,

Love your idea.... but well, my hubby only gave me 20k budget and I need to get the whole renovation up.... so think I must work within the budget... haiz..... :(

Btw, I finally managed to convince my hubby to go with me to a ID today... They suggested epoxy painting to my kitchen and toilet wall tiles... isit good? :dunno:

Chop chop...wow...nice and BIG! 5 room flat bigger than my EA! Huge access/balcony area. Room size are all very good. The master balcony, wow...which part of woodlands is this?

wow... great space for great price! just the two of you living at this house?

i would have loved merging the two original kitchen for a super huge dining area to accommodate gatherings. the study would have a wiw and mini office with bedroom 2 as the mbr, so need to create access to toilet... i see the toilets were already merged, 4 toilets became 2. haha wishful thinking for me!

hapimint, in my humble opinion, 20k seems quite limited budget... i juz did a premium flat with initial 20k budget too but totally blew it! can share what you intend to do up?

hello.. here are some pics of my place which we took during 1st viewing...

The view of Woodlands MRT from my place...

IMG_4475.jpg

The present Kitchen..

IMG_4465.jpg

The present MBR..

IMG_4474.jpg

wow... great space for great price! just the two of you living at this house?

i would have loved merging the two original kitchen for a super huge dining area to accommodate gatherings. the study would have a wiw and mini office with bedroom 2 as the mbr, so need to create access to toilet... i see the toilets were already merged, 4 toilets became 2. haha wishful thinking for me!

hapimint, in my humble opinion, 20k seems quite limited budget... i juz did a premium flat with initial 20k budget too but totally blew it! can share what you intend to do up?

Haiz.... hanni06, I cannot hack away any rooms... cos my parents want to move in with us... then my hubby is the eldest son so must always be prepared that his parents might move into our place.....

Left with only one extra bedroom and decide to leave it for children if we have any....

Hmm... yesterday met with an ID... they suggested epoxy painting to cover my ugly kitchen and toilets wall tiles....

Then new kitchen cabinets....

Then they suggested L-Box for our living room... but my hubby hates the idea of using down lights only... he wants to have ceiling lights and ceiling fan... so that will be bright and windy.....so well, not sure who is right.....??? :(

Then probably a dream bar counter... my hubby wants in the living room....

A WIW.... hopefully... cos it will make my master bedroom smaller... still thinking... :bangwall:

Then a total change for both toilets.... and a study area for my hubby..... probably the master bedroom balcony.... haha...

Everybody say I very cruel..... house so big but only give him balcony to work.... hehe..... :sport-smiley-003:

if you skip the L-box, that'll shave quite a big chunk off your reno budget

no need to buy so many lights and the cost of the L-box :notti:

$20k can be done, esp if you are not going for much carpentry work

and no hacking / retiling :good:

The toilets are the killer... my hubby hates the separating wall and dun like the position of our toilet bowl and basins...

So the floor of the toilet will need hacking and re-lay and hack off the wall and design abit.... so the toilets is a killer le. but no choice... I hate the wall separater too... haha... the toilet suddenly seems small with the separater... when the ID says that actually our toilet is twice as big as others... haha....

She even commented that the wall cannot hack off the whole thing... probably half cos need to protect the sewage pipes.. haha... so I suggested that make it look as though as one side is purely shower area.... like when we go hotels, they have a door then shower area....

She suggested glass doors... but my hubby keep saying glass will break... he wants plastic shower curtains.... haiz...... he scared....

Then the kitchen... the wall with window, we also intend to hack the top part away... then the whole kitchen becomes much brighter le... she suggested lar... but we worried the hanging of clothes... confused... haiz.... :dunno:

In my humble opinon, having those plastic shower curtain might as well dun have la.... I used before and I think no use la...

Those glass doors are tempered ones so they will not break so easily, unless purposely take a hammer and whack.

Besides, they look nice. If not, can opt for those plastic sliding doors...