Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hapimint

Up North

Cheap price you got there. :good:

20k may be kinda tough to work upon, seeing tt you are having a bar counter, WIW and revamping of both toilets (hack+tiling). And tempered glass doors will not out of a sudden break de. :notti: Why only left 1 bedrm for kids? You can convert the study rm to a room too. Just tt the windows cannot open most of the time because it's facing the corridor... :dunno:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
In my humble opinon, having those plastic shower curtain might as well dun have la.... I used before and I think no use la...

Those glass doors are tempered ones so they will not break so easily, unless purposely take a hammer and whack.

Besides, they look nice. If not, can opt for those plastic sliding doors...

I totally agree... told my hubby le... he says I can have it unless i promised that if ever it breaks, I must clean it up... which of course is yes lor... haha.....

I totally agree... told my hubby le... he says I can have it unless i promised that if ever it breaks, I must clean it up... which of course is yes lor... haha.....

Hehehe good for u!!!

Will not break one la..... I never hear before those glass shower screen break...... :dancingqueen:

ive been to the block before, lotsa jumbo flats right ;) i think its really cool. ure really lucky to catch this "gem".

glass shower screens did shatter without "provocation" as highlighted in the papers few years back right? but its a really rare case.

the study room windows open up to a bought recess area right? br3 would be great for your future kids due to the proximity to your room. both sets of parents living together? wow, salute you guys!

oh another thing... if you know what you want, can consider taking up contractor rather than ID to reduce costs. coz ure paying "premium" for the latter.

Skywolf,

Yup right. will probably use that as the children room if we have any... hehe.... thinking far to the future...

The plus point of that room, it already has a nice walk in wardrobe done by the previous owner... hehe... but we be installing aircon so think its okay bah....

hanni06,

Hubby refused to let either parents take the study room cos its the smallest... he has the belief of respecting the elder... haha...

Haiz... he is the eldest son mar... then my parents favoured him so much more than my elder sister's husband so they want to stay with us.... so I LL lor.... what can I say?

Yup... since now after talking to IDs, have some good idea on what we want... maybe i will ask a few contractors for their quotations then I decide......

actually tempered glass shower screens do break

remember the series of cases a few years back involving quite a number of punggol flats?

think within one month at least 3 cases where the tempered glass door just break

thankfully no one was injured :dunno:

actually for tempered glass, as long as there are no sharp objects hitting on it

there shouldn't be any problem

just take note that nothing sharp should ever hit the surface

once something sharp e.g. scissors, knives, screwdrivers hit the surface, the integrity of the glass is compromised

any impact might coz the glass to break

that might have been the case of the shattering shower screens in punggol (i think)

the glasses were already compromised during transportation :dunno:

Was worried about tempered glass being shattered in time to come...

but was educate by my ID that the only weak points for tempered glass are the sides of those thick pieces of glass...

if use hammer or any hard object hammered straight at the sides, CONFIRMED guarantee plus chop will 100% shattered. But who does that anyway... so my point is --> go ahead and do it, it will turn out really nice... :wub:

p.s. ur balcony right inside your MBR... :wub: so dreamy... :wub:

aiya... my hubby reading too... he give me those " you know what i mean smile" but well, since he promised, then I am going to have my glass doors... hehe....

any of you done epoxy painting for the walls? I really curious to know... cos one ID actually suggested that to me.....

I think my hubby "fell in love" with the designer sia... keep telling me that if price competitive, he prefer to use her to do the renovation rather than contractors... faintz.....

My hubby now tell me, " you know, her idea of L-Box is quite good leh... i like spotlights too... but just that I also want ceiling lights and fan...." faintz... haha....

I think budget bursting......

the ex owner actually used the balcony area as a rest and relax area last time... put those picnic table and chairs and a punching bag there for the hubby to train....

haha.... for me, i converting it to become my hubby work area.... cruel to put him under sunlight... haha...

I told him, at most, i provide curtains lor...

Hi hapimint, pinkdewy from cozycot :)

You could have false ceiling as well as ceiling fan.

That's what I'll be doing actually.

And the PLC lights sure make the living area nicer. Can consider.

Hi pinkdewy,

I know about false ceiling, the ID did say but she also mentioned that the ceiling will be lower then I decide not to...

L box will not need to lower the whole ceiling mar... haiz..... think the ID more efficent than me.... suggest the things, he can take it more... haha....

i have 08pcs t5 cove lights, 10pcs down lights as well as a ceiling fan at my living room... basically if i switch on the fan wont switch on the cove lights. 5pcs alternate downlights were bright enough for my 4rm flat living room area, not too sure obt urs tho :P

Thought of sharing my experiences with two ID that I met up with.

First, CI.

He very sales person, everything also okay.... budget can can... no problem.... cheap cheap achievable..... My hubby thinks that not sure he can anot.... But he ID leh, end up is what we want, we tell him then he say can can.... not much ideas from him.....

2nd, II

She is very considerate... even to the smallest details... tell us that budget not possible... give some ideas.... try to input her own ideas.... tell us that something that we want, cannot do... must improvise......

Generally, my hubby likes the 2nd one better... but well, have to wait for her quote.....

In the mean time, I have to study for my exams then meet up with a few more contractors and IDs for quotations.... hubby flying off for work soon so well, its me and me only doing the major sourcing.... haha....

Powerful me... hopefully, I dun end up being swayed into more nicer things... hehe....

Hanni06,

Not sure leh, my hubby likes the idea of the down lights and L Box but he still insist on his two main ceiling lights and ceiling fan with light in the centre....

hmm.... I think the reason is that he scared he cannot see me when we get old lar.... haha..... BRIGHT BRIGHT that SURE CAN SEE......hehehe