Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hapimint

Up North

hello.. here are some pics of my place which we took during 1st viewing...

The view of Woodlands MRT from my place...

IMG_4475.jpg

The present Kitchen..

IMG_4465.jpg

The present MBR..

IMG_4474.jpg

Hey Hey ,

Congrats to you to get this JUMBO at a very good deal.

my hubby ran told me that your place is a combi of two 3 rm flats thus the MBR is mirror image of the kitchen ... i was totally bowled over ... WOW

lucky for you all the major pipings are at the balcony. :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hanni06,

Not sure leh, my hubby likes the idea of the down lights and L Box but he still insist on his two main ceiling lights and ceiling fan with light in the centre....

hmm.... I think the reason is that he scared he cannot see me when we get old lar.... haha..... BRIGHT BRIGHT that SURE CAN SEE......hehehe

i think i get his idea... downlights along the perimeter of the living room. two ceiling lights at the ends of the room with the ceiling fan w/light kit in between... should be bright enough, can challenge the stadium's flood lights, hehehe just kidding!

good luck for your exams!

Your flat is a combi of two 3 room flats. Its strange to see 3 room flats with a service balcony though, thats unique enough.

270k!!! thats a steal man. 20k is gonna be hard for an area of 133sqm if you want to pimp it up. Epoxy paint is a way to reduce cost, in fact, why not? unless you need a specific design or a theme then change the tiles but if its just to make it new and clean, go for the epoxy.

The place looks pretty much neat and decent. Go for a paint job, fix some little dings here and there. Even the cabinets, just go for a new laminate and disinfect the insides, it be the same after a while. Get a new cooker hood and hob.

Seriously, interior design is not about construction, furniture and colour plays a huge part.

Another way to save cost, dont hack, overlay if you can. Or maybe you might want to leave out certain areas first and do later. List out the must dos and the 'can wait ' areas, then see how your budget fits. In the journey of reno, its very easy to get caught up and be pulled down with bills, I know it feels good and looks good, if you can afford it go for it, but if you have commitments to fulfill, do those first.

good luck!

We discussed and discussed and in the end, we decide that no more L Box....

Met up with a contractor that my friend used the last time yesterday night.

We described to him what we wanted to be done. He discourages epoxy painting... says that it looks clean and nice but not lasting de.... He tells us to hack off the wall tiles and relay...... haiz....

Then he commented that if I move my bathroom positioning here and there, may affect the floor tiles but he encourage me to over lay instead of hack.....

Even kitchen, he says over lay better for floor since I want to knock off the existing concrete support so may affect the tiles....

However, when we ask him for a rough guide, he told us that all the renovation is achieveable under 20k.... Hopefully he is right....

He even tell us that he will bring us to buy our own toilet bowls, basin and choose tiles....He says that toilet bowls, usually he recommend to buy $180 de.... no need too pretty de... practical can le....???

anyway, want to ask for advice..... since overlay, then it means that I dun need to fit to the blue flooring of my kitchen already.... my living room floor tiles are ceramics... white with hints of light green... what are the best colours to match?

My husband hates green so I cannot decorate my home in green.... haiz... I am super terrible with colour combination... I thought of choosing all white for everything, including wall colour but find it difficult to maintain and also boring.....

But want to brighten up my home... haiz...... think about the colour till my head big sia....

A lot of contractors always say can, but along the way, they start to add this and that, by that time you really have no choice but to agree. So get it in black and white about the list of things to do. And be very very detailed.

If your tiles are ceramic with a hint of green, I go for earth tones. Personaly I like off white colours like bone, chalk, khaki tones. Its really up to you to play with it. Dont play with too many colours or the house might look congested and in a way, confused.

Its hard to really picture what your contractor plans to do. Be very careful about the overlaying, check that this is the only overlay ever done, cos HDB only allow one time of overlaying.

L box is over rated I think. I hardly turn my L box lights on cos its gets too **** hot. I use my trusty IKEA stand lamp with a dimmer more than anything else and it sets the mood so well when the light bounces off the wall. If you bounce a light off an orange wall, the room becomes very very cosy and intimate. And orange colour as some stated, increases appetite.

Junkay,

Hopefully that contractor is the honest type... haiz... now looking at my exam notes and thinking of renovation at the same time... haha....

Decide not to do L Box because my own sister did hers and told me that she regretted... she has no ceiling lights and so the L Box lights are her only lights and she hates it cos it is so hot after it is on.....

Therefore, think we are keeping to the original.... ceiling lights.... haha....

I am so funny... I always thought that my floor tiles is abit greenish... I went up yesterday night and found that it is white lar... with just a bit of grey.... haha....

My hubby was saying... white with abit of grey match with all colours le lar.... so anything goes... just dun like disco like that can le... keep it simple... haha....

We are actually very attracted by the recent trend of building chilli red kitchen cabinets... glossy and bright... but thinking if it is practical... haha....

Thanks diva,

haha... just realised that colours can really make or kill a place... haha....

I am also sourcing for ID now for my flat....

Haiz... at first, one tell me all overlay can le...

Then a uncle contractor says, not safe to relay wall tiles... especially the shape is rectangular de... cos got gravity......best is to hack and replace it. But floor tiles, its okay to relay.... dun hack, waste efforts only....

Then went to another ID, tell me that the usual sequence is to lay floor tiles first then do wall tiles in all flats... so after hacking off wall tiles, and replace it, if dun replace floor tiles, then only relay, will have a small small edge which will not be noticable but water may seep through and cause leaking....

Now totally confused... who is correct?

Well from what i've read up, you need to have waterproofing done if hack the floor & wall tiles. For overlay, its up to you but make sure that it is done in accordance with HDB guidelines le. Overlay has its cons & pros but if I am you, I will hack and put in tiles instead of overlay so as to minimise any chances of popping up later on.

HDB contractors hacked and retiled the common bathroom for my place due to hollow tiles. They laid the wall tiles first then the floor tiles later.

I am also sourcing for ID now for my flat....

Haiz... at first, one tell me all overlay can le...

Then a uncle contractor says, not safe to relay wall tiles... especially the shape is rectangular de... cos got gravity......best is to hack and replace it. But floor tiles, its okay to relay.... dun hack, waste efforts only....

Then went to another ID, tell me that the usual sequence is to lay floor tiles first then do wall tiles in all flats... so after hacking off wall tiles, and replace it, if dun replace floor tiles, then only relay, will have a small small edge which will not be noticable but water may seep through and cause leaking....

Now totally confused... who is correct?

My hubby tells me that its best that we just hack the floor and wall tiles and change....

He dun want any troubles in the future...

Anyway, I am tired of visiting IDs already... Think I will start chasing for quotes and meet for revised quotes soon....

We visited quite some number to get ideas... so well, time to push for quotes....

Hello everyone!

We've confirmed our ID. He is Miker of Renozone... Anyway, he have sent us some pix so we are here to show it off :D:dancingqueen:

kitchen.jpg

Here goes the Kitchen

bedroom.jpg

Here Goes the MBR with the WIW Open....

MBR%20With%20WIW%20Door%20Closed.jpg

Here Goes the MBR with the WIW Closed...

MBR%20Toilet%201.jpg

This is our MBR Toilet...

MBR%20Toilet%202.jpg

Another angle of our MBR Toilet...

living%202.jpg

Mock-Up 1 of our Living Room

living.jpg

Mock-Up 2 of our Living Room

toilet.jpg

Common Toilet

We're still thinking on which 2 of the Living Mock-Up to use.. The wallpaper is provided by DNA Live as we won it in a contest :D

Edited by hapimint

Hello everyone!

We've confirmed our ID. He is Miker of Renozone... Anyway, he have sent us some pix so we are here to show it off :D:dancingqueen:

woot. can say tat u got everything in ur quote done up at a pretty good price. mine reno is oso going to be done by renozone, colin. but price slightly costlier. ur kitchen tiles more ex, but ended up cost even cheaper. :(

woot. can say tat u got everything in ur quote done up at a pretty good price. mine reno is oso going to be done by renozone, colin. but price slightly costlier. ur kitchen tiles more ex, but ended up cost even cheaper. :(

Different lar, we only did some works in one room, 2 toilets and kitchen... we didnt touch the rest le... anyway, i am sure colin is good....

Different lar, we only did some works in one room, 2 toilets and kitchen... we didnt touch the rest le... anyway, i am sure colin is good....

ya lo. if colin no good, i wouldn't have signed with him 8|