Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hapimint

Up North

Hi All,

I posted this query in another thread. If my ID spoilt my mosaic during the removal of the old roman pillar in my living room, do I need to pay for it to be replaced?

My ID sent me a VO asking me to pay for it only now when he trying to hand over end of next week.

Then during the removal of windows from my kitchen, the mosaic was also spoilt then he suggested to plaster up and paint over it without the mosaic cos he says it was difficult to find the mosaic....Then it was also included in the VO.

They spolit it then I pay for it? Really? Normal?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I think there were two other threads.. one where the flooring was badly done and re-tiled, and the owner and ID shared the cost...

The other one was tiled wrongly.. and had to retile where they also shared the cost..

Mmm in your case they damage your things I dun see why you should have to pay... or at least not in full ba.. mm

I also afraid that my ID will charge me $120 for shifting the location of an partition, which his guys already installed. The question is they didn't really ask me if the position they install is what I wanted. He told me need $120 if shifted... I told him i wanna shift, but I also told him that I didn't confirm the position when he installed it. :dunno:

When he showed me the VO, I posed the same question to him.

I asked, but the things is spoilt by your workers when they remove, then I pay? Abit weird right?

His response, my worker took out then the things fall out le.... cannot considered their fault mar... cos they responsible to take it out then damaged, no choice....

I am totally clueless now.... Though it is not expensive but I felt unjustified... and unfair...

I asked, but the things is spoilt by your workers when they remove, then I pay? Abit weird right?

His response, my worker took out then the things fall out le.... cannot considered their fault mar... cos they responsible to take it out then damaged, no choice....

I am totally clueless now.... Though it is not expensive but I felt unjustified... and unfair...

erms.. but i doubt i will have this prob la. cos basically my hm is everything old all go. so all stuffs are buillt from scratch n done thru my ID. so anything spoil cannot blame me n say de thing was originally spoiled. cos everything is new from them (not sub-contract out by myself). if spoil means they give me lousy thing, n cannot expect me to pay for the damages :dancingqueen:

Oh well, considering that we drove such a hard bargain, he got to recoup the cost somewhere right, so I guess we're not surprised that this is happening. Anyway, I would suggest that you don't be too optimistic about your reno first.

We were like you all excited in the beginning and sure that everything will be fine, but I guess everyone now knows what happened, so don't be too sure and its good to be a little guarded ba....

Btw, not sure if you understood my post too...

His workers are the ones who took out the window frame and knocked of the Mosaics... His workers are also the ones who took out the roman pillars and thus causing the mosaics to fall off again.... (Not sub-contracted out)

WAH see his reply I also unhappy. Somemore dun wan to admit it's their fault. idiotic.

erms... let me check with my 2 frens who oso did with renozone as to how's deir VO like. cos so far i know from them, dey accidentally spoilt their old door frame n he did it for them FOC. maybe it's becos a diff of ID? i'm not too sure. so i can't say anything.

btw, wat u mean by drove such a hard bargain?

Edited by mwerkz

Thanks for helping to ask.....

Maybe really different ID then different bah...

Haiz... we drove a hard bargain mar... cos my ID keep saying that he doesn't earn much from my project....

Thanks for helping to ask.....

Maybe really different ID then different bah...

Haiz... we drove a hard bargain mar... cos my ID keep saying that he doesn't earn much from my project....

my ID today was tokin abt vo. seems like nothing added leh. only de extra 2 things i ask him to do. like plastering up the hole in my mbr wall to align with the other wall, n box up de aircon trunking along the walkway. nothing else in my VO liao.

even the fridge n washing machine base which de masonry guys accidentally do, i dun wan. i ask him hack off de fridge base n either extend de washing machine base / hack off. he oso not charging me. cos not my prob.

Edited by mwerkz

Anyway, more pix.. My solid Surface is now up....

SNC00104.jpg

Overview of my Kitchen... ALMOST completed.. Now left the Glass Panel..

SNC00109.jpg

Angle angle...

SNC00105.jpg

Another angle...

SNC00087.jpg

My Kids's Room with Lights on...

SNC00088.jpg

The same light again...

SNC00089.jpg

The same light but this time it was switched off...

SNC00092.jpg

My Living Area (TV Area)

SNC00094.jpg

The TV Area with lights switched off

SNC00093.jpg

My Main Living Area

SNC00095.jpg

The main living area lights...

SNC00098.jpg

My dining room lights (Yes i know the back is ugly... they are supposed to do touch up...)

SNC00099.jpg

One of my 6 Aircon Units...

SNC00100.jpg

Hall Aircon Unit 2...

SNC00101.jpg

This is my MBR Lights!

SNC00103.jpg

The lights of my WIW!

SNC00106.jpg

My Kitchen Toilet...

SNC00107.jpg

More pix of my Kitchen Toilet...

SNC00108.jpg

More Kitchen Toilet...

SNC00112.jpg

Another Room with the lights on...

SNC00113.jpg

The same room with the lights off now....

OK, all done for now.. these pix are actually delayed. The painter came and touch up, and with the exception of some places, most are done already.

The acid wash is also done, and the place now looks clean.

wow. looks good n nice after the acid wash. can't wait for the day mine acid wash will come. isit true tat dey do acid wash twice? when is de first one done?

I not too sure too...

We request for two days of acid wash cos we had some things in the house....

So they washed on Tues for Kitchen and two rooms....

Then they washed the rest of the house yesterday.... but can tell they washed for very long cos they wash the two rooms, wash till we very tired...

Waiting for them to finish then put all the things inside the two rooms mar....

I not too sure too...

We request for two days of acid wash cos we had some things in the house....

So they washed on Tues for Kitchen and two rooms....

Then they washed the rest of the house yesterday.... but can tell they washed for very long cos they wash the two rooms, wash till we very tired...

Waiting for them to finish then put all the things inside the two rooms mar....

erms.. no. wat i mean is not 2 days of washing. but rather 2 diff times of washing. cos i heard dey do washing once before carpentary commence, n another time after carpentary is done, before touch up n final inspection.

so i juz wan verify when is de 2 times again, cos according to my proj schedule, it's stated acid wash only once after carpentary is done.

hah. hwo come dey wash the house u tired? dey ask u help in de washing ah :notti: