Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Reiki

The Reiki Sanctuary

Hi Amrasenelya,

Yup, we have the same for our study table too - which is, err, not so long due to space constraint in the study area. I suggest, if you are doing the same, to have a width of more than 125mm. At this width, I find it is a little cramp when you plug in the switches. A nice width would be 135mm including the mo-hair.

Perhaps, some pictures to make it clearer for you: :rolleyes::unsure:

StudyTableSwitches1GforRenoForum-1.jpg

StudyTable-ForRenoForum.jpg

thanks Reiki! uve been of great help! :D

and erm.. our long study table actually not that long too.. haha maybe same as yours... but our carpenter says dat if we wanna do this design for the plugs, the depth of the study table will increase from the current 500mm.. was yours also increased with your wire management?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
thanks Reiki! uve been of great help! :D

and erm.. our long study table actually not that long too.. haha maybe same as yours... but our carpenter says dat if we wanna do this design for the plugs, the depth of the study table will increase from the current 500mm.. was yours also increased with your wire management?

You're welcome, Amrasenelya. It is a pleasure.

The depth of our study table is 650mm inclusive of the switches compartment. Hehe, still, I find it a little 'short'.

Hey Reiki,

Thank you!!! Those pictures surely will help us.

Regards,

Cavalier

Welcome, Cavalier. Hope your search to finalise an ID/contractor will end soon and continue with happy days of renovation. :)

You're welcome, Amrasenelya. It is a pleasure.

The depth of our study table is 650mm inclusive of the switches compartment. Hehe, still, I find it a little 'short'.

thanks again for the info! :D

my current study table at my mum's place was left over from previous owner, depth is about 700mm. haha.. :P

Hehe, you are very sharp! :)

It is actually a non-painted electrical trunk. Yes, it can be opened. You can get it at any neighbourhood hardware shop.

Some people suggested that we should have a laminated [same as the TV Console] box-up but we find it is 'weird' with a vertical line. Rather, we chose just to use those trunk and flush it with same wall colour.

Hehe, the painted trunk - still obvious but we just have to live with it:

MBR-TVConsolenToilet.jpg

great cable management! very neat!

so you are using the trunking to hide your tv power cable and other cables directly?

inside the trunking, there will be power cable, hdmi cable, component cables etc???

i will be mounting my tv, and hoping to do something similar for the cable management. =)

Edited by spearhawk

Hi Reiki,

Can share where did you buy the curtain? They are really nice!

How much does they cost?

We had our curtains from Home Fashions Pte Ltd. The shop is at Bukit Timah Shopping Centre, basement 2. Yes, the shop has lots of nice materials but super ex. The workmanship is good and so is the service.

The cost for the sheer and dress curtains is about $40 and $30 per metre respectively.

great cable management! very neat!

so you are using the trunking to hide your tv power cable and other cables directly?

inside the trunking, there will be power cable, hdmi cable, component cables etc???

i will be mounting my tv, and hoping to do something similar for the cable management. =)

Yes, the trunking hides and houses the power cable, hdmi, component cables. The power switches are inside the console.

Good to have the TV mounted first before you place the trunks, spearhawk.

one more thing. what is the typical height that we should mount the tv on the wall?

from the floor to the bottom of the tv, usually is how much?

The height depends on your comfort level, spearhawk.

In my case, before the TV was mounted, the delivery guys/installers asked if we would always be watching the TV lying down or sitting on the bed. The height was then determined. Personally, I think this is how TV should be mounted. It should be at a comfortable level.

Reiki,

Did u hack the flooring in the balcony?

What's yr contact for the chengal wood? how muchie for that area?

Regards,

Cavalier

Cavalier,

No, we didn't hack the floor. We raised the floor, not with cement, to place the woods. The purpose is for future maintenance where we could just lift the wood for a thorough cleanup of that area.

I have PMed you the contact and the cost.

Hi Reiki,

Nice cosy palace you have there.. :good:

Cant PM you coz your inbox is full.

Im keen to find out more on your kitchen sink though...

Looks spacious yet uncomplicated...

Hope you could let me know where you bought it at and for how much?

Thanks in advance! ;)

Hi Reiki!

We had jus submit purchase option for 5rm resale in Jurong West. Looking for ideas on designing now and really like your new home!

Please share with us your ID contact =) thanks a lot