Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wonsen

Anyone Tried Installing System 3 And System 1 In Hdb?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
As per topic above, anyone tried it before? Not sure if this can be done in HDB Flat. Mine is at Jalan Membina.

Hi,

If you got aircon ledge it should not be a problem. Additional wirings and switch is required for it. It also depends if your aircon ledge have any wall on the side and the window is not too near to the wall.

Best is to take a photo and bring to your aircon installer to double confirm if they too lazy to go to your unit to have a look at it.

:D

I did, sys 1 for the living and sys 3 for the 3 bedrooms...so my 5 room flat air con ledge is big enough for 2 outdoor compressor units, as for the 4 room flat on my area (jurong west st 93) it don;t see big enough for 2 compressor leh.

Thanks for all the advice. I think mine need to install brackets but according to HDB staff, I can't install brackets. Hm..heard from others that they have seen flats with 2 compressor outside, now come to think of it, maybe it's those 5 room flats.:(

As per topic above, anyone tried it before? Not sure if this can be done in HDB Flat. Mine is at Jalan Membina.

What is the difference between System 3 and System 1?

wonsen, i'm staying 4-rm Jln Membina too.. i've done system 3 for bedrooms and system 1 for living. I got Mitsubishi Starmex EZ-Clean (Non-inverter) from B*st T*ch @ IMM.

Today just up aircon and pipings.. hehe

wonsen, i'm staying 4-rm Jln Membina too.. i've done system 3 for bedrooms and system 1 for living. I got Mitsubishi Starmex EZ-Clean (Non-inverter) from B*st T*ch @ IMM.

Today just up aircon and pipings.. hehe

Thanks..:) I'm doing that too. But I'm using toshiba..

I am also thinking of doing system 3 and system 1.. mine also jalan membina! but mine is resale.. 5 year old.. guess urs should be new flats so mine is blk 118 opposite ur flat...

dunno how i am going to do it...

still lookling around.

How do i know if my power point for the Existing system 3 is 20A or 15A?? Gain city sales man told me its 15A, so if i need install system 1, i need to run another power point/socket for it, cannot share with existing aircon.

However, best denki guy tell me the power point is 20A, so i can install system 1 to share the power, 20A just enough to support both together.

Does anyone know how can i find out? Is it dependent on how the original air con was installed? whether its 15A or 20A.

Thanks.

I'm not an expert in this matter, but here is our experience.

From what I know, the aircon point should be a 15A.

Its not dependent on how the original air con is installed, this is the actual rating that is allocated for the outlet. However, you should have 2 15A points in your home, try and look around and then you need to be creative to run the extra power point to it.

Okay, here is the more important section of my reply :)

We have both a System 3 and System 1. But from what we have learnt, you can share the power for both compressors BUT that comes with a risk and it is probably not legal. Both compressors should be able to run together at the same time from a single power outlet, but you CANNOT turn both of them on at the same. Which means 2 different persons turning on both systems at the same time using a diff remote. Probably unlikely to happen, if happen a bit unlucky ah, but in this case, there will be a huge consumption surge at the compressors' start up. THis is where it draws the most power and you might overload the shared socket and cause a fire or a power trip. Not good :P

So try and look around for that other outlet or extend a new 15A outlet from the DB box. Your electrician can advise and also advice your aircon installer about the dangers. We had some trouble with this too, but eventually, the aircon installer+electrician figured out a way to solve this problem :good:

How do i know if my power point for the Existing system 3 is 20A or 15A?? Gain city sales man told me its 15A, so if i need install system 1, i need to run another power point/socket for it, cannot share with existing aircon.

However, best denki guy tell me the power point is 20A, so i can install system 1 to share the power, 20A just enough to support both together.

Does anyone know how can i find out? Is it dependent on how the original air con was installed? whether its 15A or 20A.

Thanks.

How about placement of aircon compressor? Can just install outside any window with steel brackets? Need to drill holes to run piping from compressor into house?

i've asked several air con contractors to come over to my place to take a look if able to add a system 1 outdoor compressor tp the existing system-3 compressor. the air con ledge is not big enuff for 2 outdoor compressors.

basically the advice is that it is not legal to install a bracket over the ledge. some gung-ho contractors may install for u, but if anyone complained or 'lucky' to be spotted by HDB officer, they will order u to remove. imagine having to remove all the trunking done etc.... so in the end i decided not to take the risk, and to jus make do with the existing system-3 for the rooms, and install a ceiling fan for the living room. of course, there is another solution which is to replace with a System-4.

How to verify installing an additional ledge is legal or illegal. Read somewhere that " HDB regulation for wall mounted compressor is each wall panel can only have one compressor, so two compressors mounted on two different wall panels should be ok "