Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

Any idea if the kitchen walls or floors are tiled already?

hi cacky, from gg to the showflats or basically flats that are doign reno now, kitchen tiles are done. and kitchen walls are half tiled.

:yamseng:

Mr big Orange,

If u r really keen on doing up toilet, just go ahead.. if not u might regret after moving in.. u will be facing it for at least 5 years man!!

If there is a budget constraint, don do feature wall, just buy a stylish n nice console can le(should be cheaper den the customize make feature wall cum console.. combo)... WIW can do if u wanna hack wall.. if not space will be crampy.. might as well do a normal 1.. thats wat i think lo...

For capentry wise, try not to do customize make 1 lo.. cos usually more exp than outside one(IKEA, Vhive, Novena). not those high end one la(milan, mondi and etc).. not sure on these oso.. hehe

Kitchen don need to so nice.. unless u will be hanging there most of time which i don think u r... hehe

just do wat u want to c in yr home.. cos u r living there... :P

for bedrooms. i was thinking of built in wardrobe but was told at least will spend 3k+

piang.. :unsure:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
i dropped you a pm. :)

Anyway it alway not a easy job to shortlist la.

hi. wall tile or floor tile? i thought floor tile is done?

Thanks.

Hi Orange, it is wall tiles that I am referring. Floor tile is already provided.

Hi Cacky, both kitchen wall and floor tile is already built in for you when you receive the flat.

I feel that there are a few thing to look at

- flooring - what type

- Kitchen

- Master Room

- Lightings

- Cupboard

Work from there perhap it have help to zero on the planning.

;)

hi herbman76,

i agree with you. what i did was to do up a simple excelsheet and start thinking wat i want to do in each room and slowly start building it from there, otherwise there is simply TOO MUCH things to consider and factor in.

RENO

- Must haves (Needs)..e.g. Flooring, Kitchen Cabinets,Lighting, Wiring,Painting,Grills

- Can haves - False ceiling? Built in wardrobe, shoe cabinet..etc

- Luxuries - Nicer bathroom..haiz..this one like giving up the idea..

hope this helps. :yamseng:

It's funny when you think about it. Coz' HDB doesn't allow us to change windows coz it might affect the outlook/appearance of the buildings. Yet they 'leave it open' for us in the service yard.

If I'm not wrong, there are only certain type of grills we can use that's approved by HDB only. But not sure about the windows of the service yard, though.

Totally agree man!!! At first, when I am looking at my dad's house, I am laughing at him cos he suggested to have windows on the service yard. That is because I tot HDB will not approve that since it has already standadize all the windows to look the same and by approving it, people will start having fanciful looks on the service yard and this defit the purpose of standardizing the rest of the windows.

hi cacky, from gg to the showflats or basically flats that are doign reno now, kitchen tiles are done. and kitchen walls are half tiled.

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!! What color are the tiles then? Shucks ... that means my kitchen has to go with the tiles colors????

the problem with the tv socket at the short wall can be easliy solved as explained by one contractor that they will pull the cable and hide the socket point and hide the cable under your new flooring and hook it up to the long wall side lo. but for those who gotten hdb ceramic flooring then i think will have a problem.

Yeah.. the contractor told me before.. but don noe gt charge bo.. even they say don have i oso don believe lo.. haha.. might be hidden somewhere...

:yamseng:

for bedrooms. i was thinking of built in wardrobe but was told at least will spend 3k+

piang.. :unsure:

3k+.. zhun bo.. so exp.. i think the ID/contractor is a toker... :notti: haha

It is already tiled the shelter is also tiled

toilet also done up

power pts already in place.

there is a suggested room layout. it is with your main circuit board.

Edited by herbman76

I need help on this:

Anyone whose unit is a 5 room version. Would u kindly point to me the placement of the TV point & the phone socket in the living room?

Thank you very much!

Edited by DSA

To anyone: Can I make a request for any of you who have gotten the keys to your unit, if you have taken a picture of your bathroom in its original state, can post it up here? Hubby wants to have an idea how it looks like lah ... TIA!

hi cacky,

i will be my collecting keys tmr and gg to 'open door' on fri, will take some pics and upload here ya :)

to all,

anyone selected da unit 219C #05-114?

I need help on this:

Anyone whose unit is a 5 room version. Would u kindly point to me the placement of the TV point & the phone socket in the living room?

Thank you very much!

I am 5-room. TV point and phone socket is both on the long wall. TV point is near the window and phone socket is in the middle of the hall.

I am 5-room. TV point and phone socket is both on the long wall. TV point is near the window and phone socket is in the middle of the hall.
Thank you, Bubbly!!!

Seems like Surbana Internationa Consultants are fond of assuming residents would place their phone in the middle of the 9.5 m wide wall and their TV at a corner! Sheesh!!! Now it's a matter of time to track down the email & telephone number of the architect who designed this layout.

Thank you, Bubbly!!!

Seems like Surbana Internationa Consultants are fond of assuming residents would place their phone in the middle of the 9.5 m wide wall and their TV at a corner! Sheesh!!! Now it's a matter of time to track down the email & telephone number of the architect who designed this layout.

Ha ha ha ha.....I have taken some photos of the toilet and the kitchen and would like to post the pics up for everyone to view but is couldn't do so and have been searching in the web for an hour on how to do it!!

I know you are the expert. Can you show me how??? Thanks alot in advance

hi all,

anyone settle on their ID? me headache on deciding on what reno need to be done and which ID to choose lei. :(

anyone has quotes from ID? care to share? PM if not convenient to share here.. thanks..

Hi anyone got any idea/ view on flooring "Broken Marble"?

roughly what would be the $/PSF?

hi herbman76,

i agree with you. what i did was to do up a simple excelsheet and start thinking wat i want to do in each room and slowly start building it from there, otherwise there is simply TOO MUCH things to consider and factor in.

RENO

- Must haves (Needs)..e.g. Flooring, Kitchen Cabinets,Lighting, Wiring,Painting,Grills

- Can haves - False ceiling? Built in wardrobe, shoe cabinet..etc

- Luxuries - Nicer bathroom..haiz..this one like giving up the idea..

hope this helps. :yamseng:

in life we have to look at what are those that are things that are things that are needed and those good to have :) for newly weds, we really have to look at our pockets at time ;) the rest good to have can come in later

Me no expert lah! Me ish a nOOb fighting a battle with HDB over the issue of design wrongs - It is a long drawn-out uphill solo struggle against a huge corporation, let alone a government statutory board...... Utter frustration is a gross understatement........ :curse: x 1000

Visit www.imageshack.us & upload your images, choose the optimal size for the display of your images. Once completed, copy the second line of code and paste in the post message box.