Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

Hi, can I check whether the service yard requires grills or can I just arrange for casement windows to be installed. I know HDB gave us the designs of approved grills but if I do not need grills, I can simply install the casement windows, right? Or are grills a must? Please advise, thanks!

Service yard: If u don't want grills, can don't install, it's your choice. Another thing is that service yard u can only do sliding window, cannot do casement, coz when u open will hit the metal bar (for drying clothes).

haha. me blur blur..so fast take key i also duno happy a not.. haven decide on the reno portion. :( .headache man..

any one knows whether the appt can change date?? :unsure:

yes. U can change the appt date. Conservancy fee starts the day u collect keys.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

s_mario - yes, you can change the appt date...just log into 'myhdbpage' , go to 'my flat', 'SERS progress', scroll all the way down to 'Change appt' under quick links.

I changed mine to next week.

bubbly - just make sure that your reno work begin before 7th lunar month...it's ok for the reno work to be ongoing during the 7th month...rem to do some praying (I m assuming you are a buddhist/ taoist) before the start of reno...

Need to ask you, what documents we need to bring along, besides our ICs, child b/c, cpf statements? what's that cpf investment thing? if I dunno what is it, means I dun ve and no need to bring?

Herbman - free water heater? good! :DBut two tings I dun like about gas heater...it's big, take up space and have to switch it on for a while first before the water gets heated up. You would not want to switch it on the whole day for the fear of possibility of gas leak...

DSA - Thanks for the info on PD door...something new to me ;)

Edited by eipsy

to all - is it a need to do shower screen? since it's going to be so cramped plus the problem of opening the screen and maintaining it...it may crack or break, rite?

At first, I tot it's provided, so live with it lor...

afterall, we live in our parents' home with no shower screen for so long... plus my hubby is a big-sized man...

maybe I will take bubbly's suggestion to just install rod and bathroom curtain to avoid splashing of water...at least if it gets dirty, I can just dispose it and buy a new curtain, plus I can change design of curtain every year ..haha ;D

Edited by eipsy

s_mario - yes, you can change the appt date...just log into 'myhdbpage' , go to 'my flat', 'SERS progress', scroll all the way down to 'Change appt' under quick links.

I changed mine to next week.

bubbly - just make sure that your reno work begin before 7th lunar month...it's ok for the reno work to be ongoing during the 7th month...rem to do some praying (I m assuming you are a buddhist/ taoist) before the start of reno...

Need to ask you, what documents we need to bring along, besides our ICs, child b/c, cpf statements? what's that cpf investment thing? if I dunno what is it, means I dun ve and no need to bring?

Herbman - free water heater? good! :DBut two tings I dun like about gas heater...it's big, take up space and have to switch it on for a while first before the water gets heated up. You would not want to switch it on the whole day for the fear of possibility of gas leak...

DSA - Thanks for the info on PD door...something new to me ;)

HI Eipsy,

Document you need for the day of key collection:-

1) You and your spouse IC

2) Child Birth Cert

3) Your POSB Nets card (if you want to apply for the water, electricity and gas supply with PUB on the same day and would like to make your payment through GIRO)

4) Bank Account Book (Not sure whats the need as I did not get to use it but stated on the letter to bring, so just bring in case you need to use)

On that day, just go to the second floor to buy your fire insurance first. Then go to the information counter on the first floor to get a queue number. After you meet the officer, you will be told by him/her to go to third floor to make payment for 3 months of Conservancy fee (Nets/Cash only). Then you go back to the officer to sign tons of documents before finally collecting your keys.

to all - is it a need to do shower screen? since it's going to be so cramped plus the problem of opening the screen and maintaining it...it may crack or break, rite?

afterall, we live in our parents' home with no shower screen for so long... plus my hubby is a big-sized man...

maybe I will take bubbly's suggestion to just install rod and bathroom curtain to avoid splashing of water...at least if it gets dirty, I can just dispose it and buy a new curtain, plus I can change design of curtain every year ..haha ;D

For bathroom curtain, you cannot fully cover it to the floor cos if curtain touch floor, very easily get algae on the below of the curtain. Therefore, no matter what, will splash a bit of water out when you are bathing. If you can bare with that then guess its fine.

For me, I am doing shower screen in MBR basically because that will be the more commonly used toilet as of now and also more pretty mah :P

As for the public toilet, as you know my wife, have already bought a hello kitty shower curtain already, so must use!!! :D

For bathroom curtain, you cannot fully cover it to the floor cos if curtain touch floor, very easily get algae on the below of the curtain. Therefore, no matter what, will splash a bit of water out when you are bathing. If you can bare with that then guess its fine.

For me, I am doing shower screen in MBR basically because that will be the more commonly used toilet as of now and also more pretty mah :P

As for the public toilet, as you know my wife, have already bought a hello kitty shower curtain already, so must use!!! :D

hahaha :D then I shall go look for a mashi maro bath curtain...

called them more than 3 times.. loan side say is with sale side.. even sent me mail stating that i haven sent which i sent a month back..

now the officer say.. shld be at sale side den say he will go n retrieve.. will update me.. nw have to wait lo...

sianz.. think i will be the last.. but never mind.. as long as before Aug can liao.. cos is chinese lunar 7th month...

anybody gt hired feng shui shi??

bahh...yokoyoko,

i think i am realli last. submitted HLE 1mth plus ago,got approved 1mth ago, and STILL hdb will inform me in due course.

omg,getting crazy waiting and just waiting. dont noe what is stopping them from processing.

:(

I know can still continue reno during 7th month but cannot move during 7th month mah.....Got a business trip end of Sept and 2 weeks prior will be lots of preparation for the trip. Just found out also for this year, the first day of 7th month start on 1st Aug 2008 and end 30th Aug 2008. Initially wanted to move in before August so that can do house warming and my daughter's 1 year old birthday together. Looks like it is impossible now. So will have to target to move on 31st August that week. If not, will have to wait till October.

bahh...yokoyoko,

i think i am realli last. submitted HLE 1mth plus ago,got approved 1mth ago, and STILL hdb will inform me in due course.

omg,getting crazy waiting and just waiting. dont noe what is stopping them from processing.

:(

haha.. think they don like 220B ppl? r u in a hurry to get keys? if not wait lo.. bo pian..

reading newspaper nw.. so mani sales for the electronic.. wa.. tempting.. :dribble: but have to wait a bit longer...

:bath: <<-- bathroom curtain? i m doing for my common 1 oso..then show screen for MBR :) like bubbly...

Bubbly: I think these days, it's common for the kinda setup for the master bedroom. ie. The bedroom door opens very near to the entrance of the bathroom. My hubby and I are currently staying at a place which is like this too. And so far, we haven't had problems.

But then again, there are 2 of us in the house, so we always leave the master bedroom door open, thus, will not have such a problem. But of coz' when you have kids, these become a consideration, I agree. I did hear that the current bedroom doors provided are of pretty good quality???

And no lah, if doing sliding door means the opening becomes smaller then it's pretty pointless. I'd rather do a normal door. But if like what yokoyoko said about other units not having any problems, then probably we're over-worrying.

Hi, can I check whether the service yard requires grills or can I just arrange for casement windows to be installed. I know HDB gave us the designs of approved grills but if I do not need grills, I can simply install the casement windows, right? Or are grills a must? Please advise, thanks!

Also, big orange, can bold my nick already, got my keys awhile ago :)

where can we find the approved designs for the grills?

haha.. think they don like 220B ppl? r u in a hurry to get keys? if not wait lo.. bo pian..

reading newspaper nw.. so mani sales for the electronic.. wa.. tempting.. :dribble: but have to wait a bit longer...

:bath: <<-- bathroom curtain? i m doing for my common 1 oso..then show screen for MBR :) like bubbly...

Ha ha ha......me also waiting for sales from Serta, but that does not seem to happen, wait until neck long already zz

I am also waiting for the sales of dryer cos badly need one since no more bamboo poles and also only got a weekend to wash 2 loads of adult clothes and 1 load of baby clothes. If wait to dry at home, cannot bring my wife and daugther out to shop shop, they will kill me!!!

Bubbly: I think these days, it's common for the kinda setup for the master bedroom. ie. The bedroom door opens very near to the entrance of the bathroom. My hubby and I are currently staying at a place which is like this too. And so far, we haven't had problems.

But then again, there are 2 of us in the house, so we always leave the master bedroom door open, thus, will not have such a problem. But of coz' when you have kids, these become a consideration, I agree. I did hear that the current bedroom doors provided are of pretty good quality???

And no lah, if doing sliding door means the opening becomes smaller then it's pretty pointless. I'd rather do a normal door. But if like what yokoyoko said about other units not having any problems, then probably we're over-worrying.

Current bedroom doors to me, quality acceptable lah. But personally don't really like the design :(

Have to make do lor...what to do??? No $$$, so have to get HDB do the floor and bedroom door so that can pay through CPF mah!!! So don't like also have to accept.