Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

Ha ha ha......me also waiting for sales from Serta, but that does not seem to happen, wait until neck long already zz

I am also waiting for the sales of dryer cos badly need one since no more bamboo poles and also only got a weekend to wash 2 loads of adult clothes and 1 load of baby clothes. If wait to dry at home, cannot bring my wife and daugther out to shop shop, they will kill me!!!

Yr mattress exp leh.. haha.. but if u found gd lobang.. please update us.. :)

Got sales ard but u must go n find(courts, HN, BEST n etc) or neigbhourhood(Goh ah Bee, Hong Liang and etc).. if u wan compare prices n get the cheapest price..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Yr mattress exp leh.. haha.. but if u found gd lobang.. please update us.. :)

Got sales ard but u must go n find(courts, HN, BEST n etc) or neigbhourhood(Goh ah Bee, Hong Liang and etc).. if u wan compare prices n get the cheapest price..

Ha ha ha....me and my wife vows that we will get a good mattress for this new house even if we have to spend our last cents!!! :D The current bed that we are sleeping on gives us backaches and we really hate it.

Somemore, my baby always like to sleep with us so guess it is worth investing.

Don't think will go to Courts cos they are well-known to be expensive. Will treat HN and BEST as my showroom and go to the neighbourhood one to get the best price!!!

Anybody here interested in buying dryers and is keen on a bulk purchase???

Ha ha ha....me and my wife vows that we will get a good mattress for this new house even if we have to spend our last cents!!! :D The current bed that we are sleeping on gives us backaches and we really hate it.

Don't think will go to Courts cos they are well-known to be expensive. Will treat HN and BEST as my showroom and go to the neighbourhood one to get the best price!!!

audio hse at liang court gt road shw.. can go c c..

woo.. 399 for 32inch SONY LCD TV at COURTS.. hmm... look cheap... but display set onli.. :(

:bangwall:

bahh...yokoyoko,

i think i am realli last. submitted HLE 1mth plus ago,got approved 1mth ago, and STILL hdb will inform me in due course.

omg,getting crazy waiting and just waiting. dont noe what is stopping them from processing.

:(

ALL: do you think my 4rm can fit this bi-fold door?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27387640@N02/?saved=1

ermm..dunno how to upload peektures...

:P

:bangwall:

ALL: do you think my 4rm can fit this bi-fold door?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27387640@N02/?saved=1

ermm..dunno how to upload peektures...

Shouldn't be a problem. Anyway, they will come and do the measurement and fix it for you. So don't think dimension will be a problem.

To upload pictures, you can refer to previous threads where DSA and Yokoyoko had taught me how to do it

big orange: I heard that we cannot place the water heater in the service yard. Can only place it in the bathroom. Can anyone verify on this?

Bubbly: How come you say no bamboo poles? I thought on top of the service yard, they have this fixture that allows you to dry your clothes?

big orange: I heard that we cannot place the water heater in the service yard. Can only place it in the bathroom. Can anyone verify on this?

Bubbly: How come you say no bamboo poles? I thought on top of the service yard, they have this fixture that allows you to dry your clothes?

That is not bamboo poles. That is fixed aluminum poles where you can hang your clothes inside the service yard but cannot put it out to the sun for the clothes to dry faster. To do three loads means that you will have to wait for one load to dry before you can even think of washing the second load because limited space on the poles to hang.

Hanging it indoor is time consuming and especially on rainny days, you will not be able to finish washing the clothes on time. Therefore, for me, I see a need for dryer.

Edited by Bubbly

^ Yeah, that of coz is not bamboo poles, I know. But that's for drying. Personally, I prefer to dry indoors than outdoors lor. Coz outdoors, don't know what sorta thing people throw out of the windows and land on your clothes. I never liked that idea. I am also considering a dryer but I must warn you that not all clothes can be placed into the dryer to dry. Especially your wife's, which might come in different materials.

Clothes tend to shrink in the dryer. And dryer does consume A LOT of electricity. Do consider getting a washing machine that has a good spin-dry function and then hang it up to dry, that might be good enough I suppose.

Bubbly: I m a sucker for bulk purchases.. :D your wife would know why...we are active in the bulk purchase in the motherhood forum.. count me in!

You are right about the mattress...cannot stinge on this...very important...my hubby and me are contemplating to get a king-sized bed...

Are you the only one (besides me) who have a kid in this forum? We have to be really careful to make sure that our furniture (e.g. coffee table) are child-friendly..

Big orange Yah, it's cheaper coz you use gas instead of electricity...but like what cacky says, dunno if can install in the service yard or not....coz it's **** big...anyway, since it's free from city gas, I would still take the offer.

Cacky - you can't put your bamboo pole on that fixture....killer litter issue, no more bamboo poles....that measly few bars provided are for you to hang your clothes...meant for pple who wash and sun their clothes daily..

For pple like us who wash our load weekly...not enough lah!

^ Yeah, that of coz is not bamboo poles, I know. But that's for drying. Personally, I prefer to dry indoors than outdoors lor. Coz outdoors, don't know what sorta thing people throw out of the windows and land on your clothes. I never liked that idea. I am also considering a dryer but I must warn you that not all clothes can be placed into the dryer to dry. Especially your wife's, which might come in different materials.

Clothes tend to shrink in the dryer. And dryer does consume A LOT of electricity. Do consider getting a washing machine that has a good spin-dry function and then hang it up to dry, that might be good enough I suppose.

Agree with you that hanging your clothes outdoor is prone to all sorts of things that will land on your clothes esp bird ****s. :D

Will take your advice but still most likely to buy a dryer and for those clothes that cannot be placed in a dryer, I will ban my wife from wearing :dancingqueen: or even take the opportunity to ban her from buying :P Save $$$

eipsy: Think, you might have misunderstood me a little. I was referring to the fixture that's INSIDE the service yard itself. Thought we can use that to hang dry? Yeah, I do understand that when we're working, simply no time to do laundry until end of the week. Plus, with kids, got more clothes to wash eh? But I am someone who loves to do laundry. I'll make it a point to do it twice a week. :P Back in my parents' home. My dad would do laundry daily!!! Maybe I got the laundry habit from him. Hhehee.

Bubbly: Your poor wife ... If I were her, I wouldn't care, I'd still buy those clothings and make my hubby handwash and hang out to dry!!! Muahhahaha!

Edited by cacky

eipsy: Think, you might have misunderstood me a little. I was referring to the fixture that's INSIDE the service yard itself. Thought we can use that to hang dry? Yeah, I do understand that when we're working, simply no time to do laundry until end of the week. Plus, with kids, got more clothes to wash eh? But I am someone who loves to do laundry. I'll make it a point to do it twice a week. :P Back in my parents' home. My dad would do laundry daily!!! Maybe I got the laundry habit from him. Hhehee.

Bubbly: Your poor wife ... If I were her, I wouldn't care, I'd still buy those clothings and make my hubby handwash and hang out to dry!!! Muahhahaha!

Ha ha ha....just joking lah. Those cannot use dryer just hang dry lor...what to do!!

You got kids as well???

All are from jalan membina residents... so i neber use their pictures cos copyright issue.. hehe.. onli links..

their flats/layouts are quite similar to ours.. slightly smaller..

free heater should be like this ba..

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...9543&st=360

then for our bath room shld be like that ba

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...0162&st=440

this is one of the forumer blog.. on her experience on reno:

http://diva79.blogspot.com

Edited by yokoyoko

All are from jalan membina residents... so i neber use their pictures cos copyright issue.. hehe.. onli links..

their flats/layouts are quite similar to ours.. slightly smaller..

free heater should be like this ba..

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...9543&st=360

then for our bath room shld be like that ba

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...0162&st=440

this is one of the forumer blog.. on her experience on reno:

http://diva79.blogspot.com

Hi Yokoyoko,

Thanks alot. Very helpful. Have print out the checklist in the blogspot to go to my house tomorrow to check for faults :D