queen size bed and divan - $50

coffee table - $30

study table - $30

single bedframe - $20

Contact Robin at 96979795

Edited by lovelee

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
dun scare bubbly. :) he be fine...
His unit is fine! From what I can see from my living room bay windows, it has started reno! I think he's looking for Serta Missouri King-Size mattress. This GSS offer might be useful to him.

SERTA SLEEP CENTER @ The Centrepoint, Plaza Singapura, IMM, Marina Square offering up to 30% off Serta mattresses and bedding products. Top-up $500 for a Serta bedframe with any Serta mattress purchased.

Edited by DSA

Hmmmm... that's an interesting thought. The workers experience fatigue as they work up the level? Then Bubbly's unit would be .........

maybe not just a thought

----

anyone any view on power saving devices or had used it

power saver

minisun power

test report from PSB & SIRIM

Edited by herbman76

Hihi guys, time to update again, jst went to check MyHDBpage and found that our appointment for signing the lease and taking possession has been fixed. Hoping to push it back a little...we were hoping to get the keys later in the year since we're not planning to move in yet. :dunno: See how bah.

Color Test from ICI

Having problem choosing colours chk this out

http://www.icipaints.com.sg/ASGDLX/paintco...lorchemist2.jsp

Hihi guys, time to update again, jst went to check MyHDBpage and found that our appointment for signing the lease and taking possession has been fixed. Hoping to push it back a little...we were hoping to get the keys later in the year since we're not planning to move in yet. :dunno: See how bah.

maybe can start reno and buy thing slowly since you are not in a hurry :)

hihi, izzit normal if we cun find any defects?

mabbe we dun haf 'eagle's eyes' ba :dunno:

hi mocchi,

yr id looks the same as mine.. plush living(for now).. wanted to PM u.. but i think yr PM disabled or full.. hehe..

can discuss and c wat diff? u using sky?

:)

Edited by yokoyoko

Is the cement base for kitchen cabinets really necessary? Anyone intending on a kitchen without the base?

I'm thinking of getting my kitchen from Ikea and instead of a cement base, the cabinets stand on 'legs' with a wooden skirting hiding them. I'm just wondering are there an major disadvantages I should be aware of?

anyone any view on power saving devices or had used it

power saver

minisun power

test report from PSB & SIRIM

NEA should be the local authority to verify the claims by minisunpower.com on this power saving device. I would question the distro why hasn't it send its product to NEA for testing? PSB Corp only tests Electrical & Electronic Equipment for Global Safety, amongst other testing services.

Registration Info on the domain, minisunpower.com:

Registrant:

Megacreative Enterprise

No.1 North Bridge Road

High Street Centre #22-07

Singapore, 179094

Singapore

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)

Domain Name: MINISUNPOWER.COM

Created on: 01-Dec-03

Expires on: 01-Dec-08

Last Updated on: 09-Nov-07

Administrative Contact:

Boon Hai, Lee webmaster@1tuition.com

Megacreative Enterprise

No.1 North Bridge Road

Singapore, 179094

Singapore

67262008 Fax --

Technical Contact:

Boon Hai, Lee webmaster@1tuition.com

Megacreative Enterprise

No.1 North Bridge Road

Singapore, 179094

Singapore

67262008 Fax --

Domain servers in listed order:

YNS1.YAHOO.COM

YNS2.YAHOO.COM

minisunsaver.com shares office premises with a Private Home Tuition Agency. It is likely to be a sideline biz for Lee Boon Hai who managed to source this device from China. Such devices are CHEAP, and definitely costs less than S$179 and sells it thru his company, MegaCreative Enterprise, company registration number 53007522M.

herbman, perhaps you might be interested in this device. Saving energy is somewhat like trying to save $$$; if u have nothing but only $10 a day to survive, you'll watch every single cent you spend.

Energy Consumption Tracker

Consumers may wish to invest in a tool that helps them to not only monitor their total energy usage like the EVS but also ascertain which specific energy intensive appliances are the major energy loads.

An Energy Consumption Tracker (ECT) is being developed by a local company, Bridex Harwal Pte Ltd, with support from NEA. The ECT can track the real-time energy consumption of key energy-consuming appliances in the home and display energy consumption information in kilowatt-hours and dollar value. It can also display households' monthly energy consumption for the past 12 months, which can enable households to track the effectiveness of their energy conservation efforts in reducing their overall energy consumption.

etrack_front.gifetrack_side.gif

The latest prototype of the ECT was showcased at the Clean and Green Singapore Carnival on 3-4 Nov 07 and the 10% Energy Challenge Launch on 26 Apr 08. NEA is working with Bridex to trial-test the ECT to demonstrate its benefits and effectiveness in helping households conserve energy.

Is the cement base for kitchen cabinets really necessary? Anyone intending on a kitchen without the base?
No, cement base for kitchen cabinets is NOT necessary - contractors will tell you otherwise because they stand to make more money constructing the cement bases for fridge, kitchen cabinets, washing machine. However, cement support for the kitchen sink might be a good idea. The reason is detailed below.

I'm thinking of getting my kitchen from Ikea and instead of a cement base, the cabinets stand on 'legs' with a wooden skirting hiding them. I'm just wondering are there an major disadvantages I should be aware of?
I intend to have my kitchen cabinet constructed suspended 15 cm off the kitchen floor. Only small cement support are required at the inner base of the kitchen cabinets. Not only it is more asethetically pleasing, it is also cheaper and the suspension guards against water splatter when you mop the kitchen floor. Cement bases do not guard against water splatter. The key issue to remember is wood absorbs water and moisture! This is the risk you must guard against if u wanna enjoy your kitchen cabinets for a long time to come. Edited by DSA

NEA should be the local authority to verify the claims by minisunpower.com on this power saving device. I would question the distro why hasn't it send its product to NEA for testing? PSB Corp only tests Electrical & Electronic Equipment for Global Safety, amongst other testing services.

thks for the chk up :) on theory it appears to be so. but I was not a good Power student :P so didnt really take notes at that time hee hee never expect to come across something like this now hee hee

Edited by herbman76

I'm thinking of doing ala-carte renos to save cost, but not sure if my order of works is correct. Could you guys kindly advise. I got my flat from BE so kitchen, bomb shelter all tiled, bathrooms done up. House is fully painted and I'm happy with the colour.

1. Install air-con

2. Install kitchen (getting from Ikea), including installation of sink, tap and induction hob

3. Install sliding windows for service yard

3. Purchase washing machine and fridge

4. Cement screeting

5. Switch SCV point across living room

7. Install lightings, ceiling fan and electric heater

6. Install parquet flooring for living/dining and bedrooms

8. Touch-up paint and clean-up

Basically these are the simple stuff I'm doing. Aiming to do parquet flooring last so as not to damage the flooring due to other works or moving of heavy equipment such as washer and fridge. Is the order ok, or should I rearrange any tasks. Appreciate your input!

dear ALL,

i seek your advise. my dad just passed away a few days ago and I dont think i want to ROM this year.

the AHG is finaly just granted 2 days ago.

what shall i do now ...can i ask them to defer giving me the keys? or must I really go through with the ROM even though i am not ready for it..*all of a sudden*

:(

dear ALL,

i seek your advise. my dad just passed away a few days ago and I dont think i want to ROM this year.

the AHG is finaly just granted 2 days ago.

what shall i do now ...can i ask them to defer giving me the keys? or must I really go through with the ROM even though i am not ready for it..*all of a sudden*

:(

Hi Raayn,

Sorry to hear that.. My condolences to you and your family.. For the ROM thing, i would suggest that either you call them up or meet them in person and tell them your concerns.. rather than guessing whether HDB allows a not... we may not have the right answers to it...

oh ya.. i think you can write in to them oso.. hope this help..

Edited by yokoyoko