Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
haha... maybe they wan all the residents to apply for telephone line..

Smart move huh! :deal:

Anyway my tots on this thread.. we are one of the longest thread in <My Neighborhood>, With 59 members so far. Going to overtake jurong west resident thread soon.

How far can we go? :P

Have Llumar window film installed this morning: 2 installers + a supervisor from Window-Cool came at 10:20 am.

This is the BEST buying experience so far. SMSed Window-Cool's director late at Friday night, asked whether a product presentation & quotation can be scheduled on Saturday morning. Response is positive & affirmative. One up in impression points. Installation was done this morning. Also had the dimensions of the windows taken by curtains/blinds quotation. Good, quality service should be this way. Fast, efficient & problem-FREE! 2nd best buying experience is Aluminium works and painting.

All are far better than the shoddy electrical work, bloody carpentry & screwed up plumbing services.

Good news from BO!

Got my approval from my new CSM! very helpful chap!!! haha...

I will join u guys on early Oct (my taking of key schedule as in now)

Cheers! & thanks!

Hi all, any idea where to get good & cheap Joven instant water heater?

M planning to use the glass shelvings in the common toilet for the shampoos and and shower foam. Any idea where to get the glass shelvings? Can't find the correct dimension at Ikea.

We are also looking for spot lights for the passageway from the living room to the bedrooms. Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by happyhouseowner

M planning to use the glass shelvings in the common toilet for the shampoos and and shower foam. Any idea where to get the glass shelvings? Can't find the correct dimension at Ikea.

We are also looking for spot lights for the passageway from the living room to the bedrooms. Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

For glass shelvings, I recommend Hoe Kee, that shopping building between Singapore Post Center (Round building at Paya Lebar MRT) and City Plaza. For this item, it is cash and carry.

For glass shelvings, I recommend Hoe Kee, that shopping building between Singapore Post Center (Round building at Paya Lebar MRT) and City Plaza. For this item, it is cash and carry.

Tanjung Katong shopping mall. - i think.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, you need to take a walk down jalan besar. I have also enquired for Joven Storage heater 35 litre (horizontal). Quotation given by Poh Joo was $245. They also sell bath room stuff & kitchen items @ quite good price. For lights, so far I went to a few and currently Noble lightings gave me the best service & price.

I believe you are referring to "downlights" with false ceiling right? Each light ranges from 8 bucks (round without cover) to 40 bucks (square with cover). I dun think it is good to put a spot light in the passage way.

I going down again this weekend to visit other shops that I have missed, update you again if got better deals for Joven heater.

Edited by isc90152

Tanjung Katong shopping mall. - i think.

Yes.. Tanjong Katong Mall.. there is one Big Hoe kee store there(http://www.hoekee.com.sg/locateUs.shtml).. where Jimmy textiles and etc curtains shops are there too.. I believe they do sell heater oso..

But please avoid Hoe kee hardware shop at Jalan Besah.. try making a search in this forum u will understand why..

Alternatively, u can try poh joo at jalan besahhttp://www.pohjoo.com/contacts.html.. or other forumers here may have cheaper contacts.

For lightings, its better that u walk ard in balestier, Jalan Besah and Geylang yrself(chan huat, light craft and etc).. alot of lights c until eye pains.. :).. spotlight i believe is more energy wasting than PLC light...

There is also a chelsea lighthing(http://www.hotfrog.sg/Companies/Chelsea-Lighting_1028946) at jurong east that are well-recommended in this forum if u don mind the travelling... not for man utd fans oso.. hahaha

Edited by yokoyoko

Yes.. Tanjong Katong Mall.. there is one Big Hoe kee store there(http://www.hoekee.com.sg/locateUs.shtml).. where Jimmy textiles and etc curtains shops are there too.. I believe they do sell heater oso..

But please avoid Hoe kee hardware shop at Jalan Besah.. try making a search in this forum u will understand why..

Haha, no wonder. I actually went to Hoe Kee the other day and it was an unhappy experience. Thot since got forumers recommend, better dun bad mouth. Anyway, I went on a weekday afternoon and there were no customers in the shop. I went in and walked around alone for 5 mins before a guy in tie approached me to "assist" me. His way of service is most weird and bizarre.

HK salesperson: Hi can I help you?

Me: Yup, just got a new house. I want to take a look as well as get quotations for hob, hoods , sinks ...

HK salesperson: You wannna buy or wanna quote?

Me: No quote how to buy?

HK salesperson: In that case, theres pen and paper. Write the serial number and the price down. (hands me pen and paper)

Me: Price negotiable?

HK sales person: No.

Needless to say, I walked out pretty soon :)

Haha, no wonder. I actually went to Hoe Kee the other day and it was an unhappy experience. Thot since got forumers recommend, better dun bad mouth. Anyway, I went on a weekday afternoon and there were no customers in the shop. I went in and walked around alone for 5 mins before a guy in tie approached me to "assist" me. His way of service is most weird and bizarre.

There is always bad SA ard in spore service industry.. but we consumer has a choice.. don buy.. hehe.. c is their bread or PMS impt lo.. haha.. i neber went there even it is just oppo poh joo.. btw there are ton of hardware shops along jalan besah...

and those who keen on curtains.. at Eminent plaza on jalan besah..(oppo poh joo branch).. got a curtain maker - MGL curtains located on 1st floor.. i haven went there.. my friend got it from there recently.. whole hse 5 rm somemore 688bucks! i cant comment on the quality and package cos i neber c.. but will pay them a visit soon.. for budget ppl like me, can consider.. :) think there got nice food oso.. hehe

Edited by yokoyoko

and those who keen on curtains.. at Eminent plaza on jalan besah..(oppo poh joo branch).. got a curtain maker - MGL curtains located on 1st floor.. i haven went there.. my friend got it from there recently.. whole hse 5 rm somemore 688bucks! i cant comment on the quality and package cos i neber c.. but will pay them a visit soon.. for budget ppl like me, can consider.. :) think there got nice food oso.. hehe

Lunch or teabreak if it weekday. I work around there. :)

Shifting stuff from old house to new house soon, anyone got lobang for movers? Or got car/small van/truck can just give a hand? If not I probably have to take a few taxi rides ha ha. (home from whampoa to Bedok).

Only shifting 1x computer table (taken apart), 1x baby cot (taken apart), estimate 10 boxes of stuff.....1 heavy HP laser printer.

Shifting stuff from old house to new house soon, anyone got lobang for movers? Or got car/small van/truck can just give a hand? If not I probably have to take a few taxi rides ha ha. (home from whampoa to Bedok).

Only shifting 1x computer table (taken apart), 1x baby cot (taken apart), estimate 10 boxes of stuff.....1 heavy HP laser printer.

Try CitiMaps? Bubbly used them. Some RenoTalker too.

Good news from BO!

Got my approval from my new CSM! very helpful chap!!! haha...

I will join u guys on early Oct (my taking of key schedule as in now)

Cheers! & thanks!

congras!

everytime visting home bring a few stuffs maybe you dun need a mover hee hee