Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
LOL, wonderful feeling to finally be able to turn the lock and enter the house.

More headache or joy (some like SM) for you coming up!! Reno and other stuff will keep you busy till end of the year.

hello peeps..finally finally got KEYS yesterday!!!

yey...now i am too excited to know what to do next.

any tips?

Checklist.

1. Submit defects checklist to hdb within 7 days?

2. Look around for ID?

Congrats!

1. Take your time with the defects, as long as never start renovation, can still submit to them.

2. If you want your house to be ready by CNY, better start evaluating IDs/contractors soon :)

LOL, wonderful feeling to finally be able to turn the lock and enter the house.

congrats seraphinee! it must be a very exciting feeling.

i'm collecting my keys next week!

then i can tell BO to finally bold my nick haha :yamseng:

Nail down prices of every single service & renovation works required on the service contract. Down to the last dot & T. Plus completion dates & corresponding penalties for delays. Leaving things to assumptions may come back to bite the flat owner in the arse as flat owners have more to lose thus in a lower position of power.

Edited by DSA

hi all, does ur ID or contractor install the lights for u? Wats the market rate like? I have a feeling that mine will be very expensive.

I pulled a few wires for lights in false ceiling and relocate some sockets + TV/FM point. Electrician cost me 1500 bucks. "Lighting point" to electrician seem to mean pulling the wiring to that location only. The downlights are charged separately.

wow! look like LC is back to Life once again.. with all the 'old birds' gotten yr keys.. thats great!! enjoy the reno.. :)

Edited by yokoyoko

haha, i just open door last sunday, and the feeling is shiok ah, finally got to open the door the 1st time to your own home. very excited feeling, just did some ritual and will only be going back this fri to check for defects.

So far haven 100% decided on the ID leh, have to start really soon if we wana move in by end yr or before CNY.

kan chiong....

my block 221b doing lotsa touching up, now at my floor, wah so dusty, my clothes all gotten white...

those whom had moved in think must be cursing....

As mentioned, I bought one of those DIY dual flush system for $27.50 (price now $29).

Fitted it this afternoon in the guest room, seem to be working. I can slide a level to control the half flush volume (minimum is just a trickle of water, max is about 3/4 of our current flush volume). Also can control the full flush volume (about our current flush volume).

Only needed to

a) Take out the two side white nut, (use hand can loosen) and disconnect the inlet pipe (need a adjustable spanner)

b) Take out the whole bowl (HDB glue the back 2 spots with silicon, use a screwdrive to pry loose)

c) Loosen the big nut holding the central flush, (keep the black seal at bottom for reuse)

d) take out the central flush system, replace with the dual flush system

e) Reverse step a to c

f) Change the top press button with the dual flush buttons

g) Adjust the level of the trigger,

h) Adjust the half flush/full flush levels

i) test flush

j) Check if any leakage

k) Keep the old single flush system for emergency refitting

Hope I can save money from all those small flushing B-) :seeya:

Now, the next problem is how do I measure how much water is used in the half/full flush....hmmmm

I didn't opt for Llumar window films on all the windows, coz my unit doesn't get the morning sun, only evening sun on the pane in the kitchen and the large one in the corner of the MBR, that faces Bedok Interchange. So it's just 6 + 1 panes in the MBR and 1 pane in the kitchen. Total cost is $255.

I opted for some super optical clear film for the pane in the kitchen and the corner pane in the MBR + the adjacent two sliding window panels. This film is chosen to block the heat from the evening sun but still allow light to be transmitted into the room. The rest 4 panes I opted for a model with a bluish tint for privacy control purposes but yet allows light to be transmitted in.

Window-cool have many models of Llumar window films with different properties & specifications. Really have to compare & contrast after deciding what concerns are to be addressed for a particular pane, be it privacy, heat, light or UV. I think I spent a good 45 mins or more going through the choices shortlisted by the salesperson & comparing them by looking through them. Kudos to the salesperson for her patience. :thumbs up:

There is a 5 years warranty for the tinted film. 7 years warranty for the super clear film.

Hmm, if I do a simple calculation, it's abt $32 per pane. If I do for the living room & all the rest of the rooms, it will most likely be $32 X 21 (5+5+5+6) = $672. However, if I can recall, there are top, centre & bottom panes. the price per pane is just for the centre piece or the whole set?

Ideasmiths, next time got chance then give U eat mooncakes.

Me confirm, plus chop will not engage your ID.... can really :bangwall: ... buay tahan...