Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

And I thought my ears were playing tricks on me! Either that or I am the only one whose unit hears the flush down the waste water PVC pipes......

This happens at my MBR toilet too. It occurs without fail every night at about 11pm.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
is it really that noisy? its either blk 221A is quieter or maybe i should get my ears checked :dunno:

I noticed a big difference when I opened my windows. With the windows closed, it is really very quiet. As I have not started staying in my unit, I cannot comment on the MBR noise issue.

The several cases of theft-in-dwelling that had occurred recently are all housing units undergoing renovation

i think gt 1 is moved in den kana according to JOVI.. :dunno:

i guess all LG unit residents can hear water flowing every night.. haha..

darcbleu: the starhub guy d*ve is yr friend?

nope, the starhub guy not my fren leh, just met him when he was doing door to door sales for cable tv, why?

no la.. call him neber pick up.. so tot u might noe him or wat.. neber mind.. guess no fate.. haha

is it really that noisy? its either blk 221A is quieter or maybe i should get my ears checked :dunno:
I'm sure your ears are fine with sharp hearing.

Does your unit face any source of noise pollution?

1. The MRT track - freaking noisy MRT trains passing by
  2. New Upper Changi Road - vehicle noise
  3. The playground - children, kids screaming
  4. The used utensils & cutlery washing area of 咖啡宅 - H.M. Cleaning Services cleaner throwing things around. Noise polluters as late as 3 am!!!
  5. Worse of the lot: the ongoing construction at the former Changi theatre/Bedok Cinema site, which continues till 10 pm EVERY night.
How about, on your way home, visit to the top level of Blk 219 MSCP, perhaps you might hear what I hear every day & night. :D Edited by DSA

The likelihood of security access gates at the ground level lift waiting area is practically zero.

The reasons are rather intuitive. I can come up with 3 of them easily.

erm.. true.. i believe none of the security tools or plans are going to be 100% sound.. just ways to minimise crime rates..

and with flasher, molester and thefts been occurring within these 6month times.. we must really take note and prevent it from happening to our love ones..

so anyone noe the outcome in the RC meeting today? or neber happened? :dunno:

erm.. true.. i believe none of the security tools or plans are going to be 100% sound.. just ways to minimise crime rates..

and with flasher, molester and thefts been occurring within these 6month times.. we must really take note and prevent it from happening to our love ones..

so anyone noe the outcome in the RC meeting today? or neber happened? :dunno:

It did happened...cos the Bedok HDB Technical officer came to my place to take a look @ my damp walls right after the meeting @ about 8pm. Based on his experience, looks like my unit is in pretty bad shape. He suggested to do a pressure test which neither my ID, nor HDB want to bear the costs!

Some pics of my damp walls (which I think you have to click into imageshack in order to see clearly!)

img3143dh2.th.jpg

img3141iy7.th.jpg

img3136xx8.th.jpg

It did happened...cos the Bedok HDB Technical officer came to my place to take a look @ my damp walls right after the meeting @ about 8pm. Based on his experience, looks like my unit is in pretty bad shape. He suggested to do a pressure test which neither my ID, nor HDB want to bear the costs!

So u noe the meeting outcome? nobody wans to bear the cost? so jia lat..

If they cannot or not coming out with any plans on the security part.. den anyone wans to join buying the one-time payment alarm with Yong.. need 5 wor... :)

May i noe is bedok area crime rates high? recent LG's incidents and lift access @ the oppo blocks make one think that way... hmm...

Edited by yokoyoko

Let's put aside the effectiveness of security access gates barricading the lift waiting area on the ground level, shall we?

Have you visited the blocks over at Bedok South Ave 1 which has lift access security gates installed at the ground level?

The design of the block's ground level is significantly different from that of those at Linear Green.

1st Litmus Test: Navigate to your unit through the void decks of Linear Green & not walk through any lift waiting areas on the ground level.

2nd Litmus Test: How many ways can anyone get to a unit in Linear Green?

3rd Litmus Test: Who's gonna foot the bill?

So u noe the meeting outcome? nobody wans to bear the cost? so jia lat..

If they cannot or not coming out with any plans on the security part.. den anyone wans to join buying the one-time payment alarm with Yong.. need 5 wor... :)

May i noe is bedok area crime rates high? recent LG's incidents and lift access @ the oppo blocks make one think that way... hmm...

Nope, I do not know the outcome. I did not ask as I'm more concerned with my damp walls.

QUOTE(DSA @ Jan 14 2009, 09:58 AM)

woo.. tot these problems also.. apart from no 3.. where $$ comes in which i guess all resident will not agree to ...haha.. i guess the rest can be resolved..

anyway its just another suggestion that made earlier on, when implementing there are bound to have problems.. suggested to them on install cctv, life security, change gate and what ever they can think of.. its nw up to them to decide..

But i guess waiting for them to action.. will be donkey years later.. :)

I'm sure your ears are fine with sharp hearing.

Does your unit face any source of noise pollution?

1. The MRT track - freaking noisy MRT trains passing by
  2. New Upper Changi Road - vehicle noise
  3. The playground - children, kids screaming
  4. The used utensils & cutlery washing area of 咖啡宅 - H.M. Cleaning Services cleaner throwing things around. Noise polluters as late as 3 am!!!
  5. Worse of the lot: the ongoing construction at the former Changi theatre/Bedok Cinema site, which continues till 10 pm EVERY night.
How about, on your way home, visit to the top level of Blk 219 MSCP, perhaps you might hear what I hear every day & night. :D

soka, I understand now. 221A is one of the 2 furthest block from the interchange & my unit is facing away from the tracks. Being further away from the hustle and bustle of the central means less convenience but slightly more peace. Sound from the playground is audible but bearable. Apart from some skateboarders playing in the multi storey car park top levels ocassionally at late nights, it is mostly peaceful and very windy here.

things should get better since most residents have moved in @ 219A-C

Edited by isc90152