Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

Linear Greeners who opted their units' floor tiled by HDB/China Construction, do note that China Construction DID NOT apply grout sealant on the grout lines and this is why the grout lines are contaminated by dirt & dust.

In addition, the joint lines of the washing basins to the wall tiles are not sealed optimally which results in water being trapped and causes the joint line deteriorating to a perfect breeding ground for black mold & bacteria.

Yet another best examples of China Construction's shoddy & dismal workmanship! And HDB's uber lax oversight on quality standards plus Surbana's callous architectural designs of Linear Green which is NOT original.

Case in point: Visit NTU's Halls of Residence VII - XI.

NB: The option of floor tiles was only available to those who selected the Linear Green site as their replacement flats under the SERS scheme in 2004 thus Linear Greeners who 'won' a unit by way of ballot were not given this option when they selected their units in Jan 2008.

However, in a way, it is good as LG balloters are slightly spared of China Construction's terrible workmanship. Well, at least their floor tiles are spared.... there are other areas in their units which still bear the effects of China Construction's workmanship. Or rather, the lack of it.

Edited by DSA

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
is it easy to change? now I got lots of time.

I changed mine long ago during renovation. I bought the $25 kit from Self-Fix (saw some available at Simei the other day, another outlet is at Marine Parade but that one normally no stock).

There are several difficulities

a) The back of the water tank is 'glued' to the toilet wall using the white sealant. Although they are soft, but it takes a while to scrap, use a screwdriver as level and tear the watertank away. This is because the worker has applied a lot of it behind the watertank.

b) Why? Because the water tank is NOT level with the base (lousy design), so the worker applied tons of 'remedy' to make sure that the water don't flow out from the gap. There are two rubber pads at the back of water tank, one at joint surface between seat and tank and so on.

c) After I completed the swap, due to the problem a and b above, about 1 month I have to adjust the sealing by tightening the two side screws below the seat (you can see them now if you go to the toilet). This is because the poor sealing/expansin/water pressure/seating pressure/usuage and whatever casues leak and dripping. Although small, but you can hear the drip drip once in a while. After about 6 yo 7 adjustments, the leak stopped as the seat finally agree with the base.

Beside above, the swap is simple, there are only a few components, so what you take out, just reverse the order when you put them back.

A home living issue worth highlighting is the reception of TV signals for families in LG who do not subscribe to Starhub's cable TV service. Do note that this issue may not be prevalent in all blocks in Linear Green,

so take a good look at your brand new LCD or plasma TVs & look out for double images and/or outlines around people. This phenomenon will be more evident against a white background.

For those units in Linear Green whose TVs do not receive super clear pictures on ALL free-to-air channels, a call can be made to Starhub the toll-free HDB Branch Office Service Line to lodge a tuning request.

Do note that this tuning service is outsourced to some cabling contractor who employs foreign workers to perform the tuning.

Some of these foreign workers are not trained nor do they possess the personal experience of watching TV programmes with clear reception back in their dorms.

As such, what is a clear picture to them may not be so to Linear Greeners.

Therefore, this issue must be conveyed to Starhub the HDB Branch Office Service Officer when lodging the tuning request.

Edited by DSA

how do Lgier here think about the RC blog?

Well, i think its a great way to keep yourself updated with events in your neighbourhood. I get online more often than I even check my mailbox, so information flow thru online means is defintely more timely and efficient. Definitely better than having flyers in your mailbox or wrose still stuck to your gate.

For those attending & those who are still considering whether to attend the inaugural Linear Green Welcome Party 2009, here's one important motivation:

Linear Greeners should be able to meet our MP for Kampong Chai Chee, Mr Lee Yi Shyan, Minister of State, Ministry of Trade and Industry & Ministry of Manpower &

MP for Bedok, Professor S. Jayakumar, Senior Minister and Co-ordinating Minister for National Security, at the Linear Green Welcome Party on the 20th June.

This is an excellent opportunity for Linear Greeners who wish to provide feedback on their units' workmanship & defects such as:

• Dismal workmanship on floor tiles laid by China Construction - uneven grout lines, misaligned tiles, no application of grout sealant on grout lines.
  • No-brain layout design - recessed living room area from the windows, rubber stamping in placement of TV points and phone outlets
  • Piss-poor choice of furnishings, eg use of wood for doors to toilets/bathroom & for skirting around the unit. Both design & furnishing material choices are by Surbana International Consultants
  • Lax HDB oversight on workmanship quality standards.
So that Linear Greeners can convince the MPs to take up our causes & correspond with HDB over whatever workmanship & furnishing quality issues Linear Greeners may be facing currently in their respective units. Issues need not be limited to those listed above. Edited by DSA

For those attending & those who are still considering whether to attend the [url="http://www.facebook.com

[*]Dismal workmanship on floor tiles laid by China Construction - uneven grout lines, misaligned tiles, no application of grout sealant on grout lines.

[*]No-brain layout design - recessed living room area from the windows, rubber stamping in placement of TV points and phone outlets

[*]Piss-poor choice of furnishings, eg use of wood for doors to toilets/bathroom & for skirting around the unit. Both design & furnishing material choices are by Surbana International Consultants

[*]Lax HDB oversight on workmanship quality standards.

So that Linear Greeners can convince the MPs to take up our causes & correspond with HDB over whatever workmanship & furnishing quality issues Linear Greeners may be facing currently in their respective units. Issues need not be limited to those listed above.

Interesting view, but besides using wood for doors to the toilet, what other material? My door already start to show signs of breaking down because my son plays with water and spray the door daily.