Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
i did a 1.5m console wall. :)

It is small but it bend in well becoz of the constraint area.

Hi Big Orange,

can show me a picture of that? both front and the back. 1.5m is slightly longer than the wall, I believe?

I do not have the time to scan know how to attach the floor plan to the forum yet. I will figure out some time this long weekend to do so.

I do not have the time to scan know how to attach the floor plan to the forum yet. I will figure out some time this long weekend to do so.
Hmmm? Is there a need to send the floor plan of your LG unit through a scanner? HDB issues floor plans in JPG. For $5? or is it $10?

If u have the image of the floor plan, just upload it to any free image hosting provider, such as iMageShack.

Once the upload is completed, you will be presented with a bunch of codes & hyperlinks for u to deploy.

Check out the photo albums of our Linear Green @ Bedok Central Community in FaceBook - there are three floor plans uploaded & displayed.

Edited by DSA

As u can observe on HDB Event Calendar, it is stated that the coming Welcome Party on 17th April is organized by HDB.

This fact leads to a bold conjecture that HDB is likely to have allocated budgeted fund$ to stage this Welcome Party = it should be as FUN, ENTERTAINING & uber SUCCESSFUL as the one held on 20th June 2009, organized by our Linear Green RC.

There will be, in addition, a FES Multiplier Effect = FES x the number of times the funds allocated by HDB over that received & raised by Linear Green RC for the 2009 version of Linear Green Welcome Party.

With the budgeted funds from HDB, I can infer, at 100% confidence level, the 2010 version of Linear Green Welcome Party will be a HUGE event for Linear Greeners.

And I strongly believe all 5 MPs will be invited by HDB which is an uber eager beaver that wishes to showcase, to Prof Jayakumar, Mr Raymond Lim, Mr Lee Yi Shyan, Ms Jessica Tan & Mr Abdullah Tarmugi, its achievements in public housing planning & development in Bedok precinct.

I would like to also think the 5 MPs are highly likely to attend this Welcome Party, baring unforseeable events that might borrow them from visiting Linear Green @ Bedok Central on 17th April 2010.

Here are the details for this Welcome Party:

Event Date: 17 Apr 2010

Time : 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm

Venue : Linear Green Garden

NB: This event is listed on HDB Event Calendar.

What can this event do for Linear Greeners?

As some Linear Greeners may encounter defects in your LG unit due to shoddy workmanship and/or utterly wrong materials used for certain fixtures, I would like to propose a feedback garner exercise in which Linear Greeners' experiences, thoughts, suggestions & recommendations on such issues be collected, collated & compiled for constructive channelling to HDB in the achievable aims that certain remedy or repair actions can be taken by HDB.

Mr Lee Yi Shyan, our MP for Kampong Chai Chee constituency, WILL be sought and consulted for his expert advice & recommendations on the viability of this feedback exercise IF his busy schedule allows such audience.

And IF Mr Lee graciously decides to give us his blessings on this Linear Greeners' endeavour, it will greatly boost our chances of a favourable outcome thus his approval & fullest support of our MP, Mr Lee Yi Shyan willl be very much appreciated.

Thus you are immensely invited and more than welcomed to post your experiences, thoughts, suggestions & recommendations on the wall of our Linear Green @ Bedok Central on Facebook.

United Linear Greeners stand a better chance of having our feedback channelled to HDB with more Linear Greeners contributing their experiences, thoughts, suggestions & recommendations to this feedback garner exercise. There are 958 households in Linear Green = at least 2 x 958 = so we are looking at 1,916 signatories if every household in Linear Green supports this endeavour.

Edited by DSA

Hi,

I just collected my keys to a new 4-room unit in Bedok Central.

Welcome to LG!.. importantly feel comfortable!

Just for information

My Water hammering problem solved .. by Plumber, he just change a tap at kitchen. (for my case)

in Case LG has the same problem apologies if my problem had distrub those stay nearby :P

Big Olange.. Seems like either our estate is very prone to mosquitoes breeding or the NEA officier is smoking me very well. I had to frequently do this like once every 1-2mths. Everytime I get more than 3mosquitoes a nite, next day fire the SMS to NEA. Without fail, the officer will everytime tell me the same thing that they found a mosquito breeding site. Don't know how true is this, but each time really the mosquitoes are gone after their feedback.

I remember NEA came to check my place some months back. while my Mum was resting from surgery. so I think what they say is true.

Any Linear Greeners are enjoying superb quality deep sleep every night on Serta mattress?? I wanna dump my current one - TOO HOT to sleep without aircon!! @#!@$!%$^$%&%*

SertaClearanceSaleApr2010.jpg

Serta is having a clearance sale of their mattresses starting from just $999. If you are in the market for a new mattress, like me lor, you might want to check them out! QUICK!

Me Me!!! Strongly reccomend Serta. I always miss my bed whenever I travel. :)

Any Linear Greeners are enjoying superb quality deep sleep every night on Serta mattress?? I wanna dump my current one - TOO HOT to sleep without aircon!! @#!@$!%$^$%&%*

SertaClearanceSaleApr2010.jpg

Serta is having a clearance sale of their mattresses starting from just $999. If you are in the market for a new mattress, like me lor, you might want to check them out! QUICK!

Bubbly!!! E-----!!! Where have u hiding arh?! Nong time neber c u! April 17th u & your family FREE or not?

PS: Best not to quote entire posts that are lengthy to which you are responding as that will lengthen the page length & increase the amount of unnecessary scrolling by readers.

The

[/quote.] function already includes a link to the message quoted so the content can be omitted totally.
Edited by DSA

Subject: Linear Green @ Bedok Central Community Party

To: All Linear Greeners @ Bedok Central

Date: Thursday, 1 April, 2010, 1:17 PM

Linear Green @ Bedok Central Community Party

24108_379643285753_631875753_4368558_275

Dear Linear Green Residents,

Congratulations on your purchase of a home at Linear Green @ Bedok Central. We hope you have settled into your new home and got to know some of your neighbours.

To welcome you and your family into the neighbourhood, we warmly invite you to a fun-filled Welcome Party on 17 Apr 2010 (Sat) from 4.00 pm - 7.00 pm.

A range of exciting activities such as stage performances and interactive games are in store for you.

Make use of this opportunity to mingle with your neighbours and enjoy a sumptuous buffet dinner with your family.

Do join us at the Community Party with your family*. Look out for the invitation cards which would be distributed to you nearer the date of party.

See you at the party!

* Remember to bring along your NRIC to register and collect your souvenir (1 per household) during the party.

Organised by :

Linear Green @ Bedok Central Community Party Committee

Edited by DSA

You can post the floor plan of your unit so that Linear Greeners can visualize the view u are getting coz there are three types of 4 roomers = 87 m², 94 m² and 97 m² in Linear Green, in addition to 1 type of 3 roomers, 1 type of 5 roomers.

Or u can just knock on the door of your neighbour on the other end whose unit occupies the same floor area as yours & SING a joy-inducing hello!

Hi,

finally got the time to scan the floor plan and upload the picture to the forum. I am looking for idea to have the TV console or wall feature on the shorter side of the living room. The reason is, I will be facing the service yard of my neighbour if I place my sofa on the shorter side of the living room.

I like to have some idea on how to extend the TV console beyond the wall nicely. Nice photo, front and behind is really much appreciated.

Thanks

96013139.png

i m using serta too, so far no problem, just have to turn the mattress around every now and then as it tends to sink in, which i think is quite a common problem for all mattress.

i like serta mattress for its "hardness"

:P

I'm no ID nor contractor so I can't really provide much help for your use. However, my unit is somewhat similar to yours - I didn't do a feature wall for my TV which sits on a TV cabinet chucked into that corner made by that 1.5 m short wall.

Looking at the floor plan of your unit, I consider the flow of 气 as most important, i.e. humans entering thru' the front door into the bedrooms where recuperation & recovery is to take place every night and the reverse flow of 气 in the morning when the occupiers leave their bedrooms for school and work.

If u were to do a perm feature wall that extends out into the 1 m ultra narrow corridor, that might impede the flow of 气 and the space behind the feature will be darkened unless u install lighting in the corridor that can illuminate the back of the feature wall.

This, however, may proved to be too bright for the occupiers when they wish to sleep = bedroom doors must be closed, which again, impedes the flow of 气, ie circulation of air in the bedrooms.

So the other alternatives are a swing out or a slide out feature wall. The downsides of such designs are the risk of the hinges or rolling tracks giving away in the future due to daily wear & tear.

Therefore for such designs, you will need a very practical ID who can draw designs that guarantees to work for a very long time or a honest, trustworthy contractor with experience of designing, fabricating & installing attractive AND durable feature walls.

Such ideas must survive your thorough evaluation and scrutiny by professionals whom u can trust coz remember I am no ID nor contractor so I know nothing. I just provide intuitive ideas which may not work at all in reality.

Hi DSA,

your point on the lighting behind the extended feature wall is one important consideration for me. I would prefer to have more natural lighting. Look like I have to continue to look for more ideas out there.