Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

I have been looking for IDs since Jan this year and have met up with several ID Firms like Rest & Relax, *****, IntraDesign, UHome, Meng Design and I-Bridge.

Throught of maybe sharing all my experience with them with all of you for a reference.

Rest & Relax - Not much impression about them.

***** - Professionalism is what I feel when I met the designer. Presented the design on a piece of cardboard with tiles on the side.

IntraDesign - Got to know this firm through a friend and is right across the road from our new house (among one of the shops in the stretch beside Pizza Hut. ID is Angeline. Really knows her work inside out and I have seen her work on my friend's house and the workmanship really good. Chose them in the end.

UHome - Very good customer service. Managed to endure with all my nonsense and I am impressed by their rate of work. Got the design done in a week. Only setback is that the 3-D drawing that they say was for free was actually a cut and paste from all their precious works.

Meng Design - The carpentry I saw is so-so but what I do not like is that they do not show you the 3-D artwork before the start of work and just merely tells you what colour will be used for each wardrobe and kitchen cabinets.

I-Bridge - Got the worst experience from this firm. They kept forcing us to part with $500 dollars as a deposit and claim this is needed to show us the 3-D drawings. Will never ever introduce someone there.

Hope this helps :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
halo..

i am in 220B as well :)

Seems like 220B is the qiang shou unit here...haha..

Cos i m oso from there.. hehe.. :rolleyes:

Going to shortlist my dream electronic stuff this coming weekend.. hehe

Seems like 220B is the qiang shou unit here...haha..

Cos i m oso from there.. hehe.. :rolleyes:

Going to shortlist my dream electronic stuff this coming weekend.. hehe

What kind of electronic stuff are you shortlisting?

What kind of electronic stuff are you shortlisting?

Stuff like LCD TV (like raayn's.. :)), threate set and etc

will be seeing those washin machine, fridege and etc.. must roughly noe their measurement

so that when engage ID or contractor, let them noe for smoother planning n designing..

Only shortlist nia.. wnt buy 1st.. cos GSS n IT fair coming soon... :yamseng:

Edited by yokoyoko

Stuff like LCD TV (like raayn's.. :)), threate set and etc

will be seeing those washin machine, fridege and etc.. must roughly noe their measurement

so that when engage ID or contractor, let them noe for smoother planning n designing..

Only shortlist nia.. wnt buy 1st.. cos GSS n IT fair coming soon... :yamseng:

True, I am also waiting for GSS to buy my dryer, washing machine and most importantly my bed.

For TV, I have already bought it in Feb during a promotion with Harvey Norman where they sell a 40 Inch Full HD Samsung LCD + 32 Inch HD Ready Samsung LCD for $2,999.

For Bed, I am actually eyeing Serta Missouri (King-Size) but the price seems fixed at abt $3,200 and has not moved since beginning of this year. Hope GSS will bring some discounts to it.

True, I am also waiting for GSS to buy my dryer, washing machine and most importantly my bed.

For TV, I have already bought it in Feb during a promotion with Harvey Norman where they sell a 40 Inch Full HD Samsung LCD + 32 Inch HD Ready Samsung LCD for $2,999.

For Bed, I am actually eyeing Serta Missouri (King-Size) but the price seems fixed at abt $3,200 and has not moved since beginning of this year. Hope GSS will bring some discounts to it.

WOW.. yr bed so exp.. :jawdrop: haha...

$2,999 for 2 TVs sound not bad hor...

i think the most headache part is to engage a gd ID or contractor... looking through the forum and saw a few negative post... :unsure:

WOW.. yr bed so exp.. :jawdrop: haha...

$2,999 for 2 TVs sound not bad hor...

i think the most headache part is to engage a gd ID or contractor... looking through the forum and saw a few negative post... :unsure:

Yup....I bought a cheaper one from Dunlopillow for my current house 3 years back and both me and my wife have bad experience of backache. :furious: Even my in-laws who bought the mattress together with us had the bad experience. Thus, this time round, I am investing in a slightly better one. Started off research around the bed among the top 3 (Simmons, Sealy and Serta) and both me and my wife found the Serta one very comfortable to sleep in.

For ID, agree that this is the biggest headache and I am glad mine is over. :)

Yup....I bought a cheaper one from Dunlopillow for my current house 3 years back and both me and my wife have bad experience of backache. :furious: Even my in-laws who bought the mattress together with us had the bad experience. Thus, this time round, I am investing in a slightly better one. Started off research around the bed among the top 3 (Simmons, Sealy and Serta) and both me and my wife found the Serta one very comfortable to sleep in.

For ID, agree that this is the biggest headache and I am glad mine is over. :)

Hi Bubbly,

when u said urs is over, do u mean ur house is already done up????

Hi Bubbly,

when u said urs is over, do u mean ur house is already done up????

No lah....what I meant is that I have already signed the contract with my ID and is now just waiting for collection of key before my reno starts. Such a long wait!!! My dad, who has also got a unit here, had his keys in Jan and Reno is already 90% completed. They will be moving there in 2 weeks time. So envy!!

No lah....what I meant is that I have already signed the contract with my ID and is now just waiting for collection of key before my reno starts. Such a long wait!!! My dad, who has also got a unit here, had his keys in Jan and Reno is already 90% completed. They will be moving there in 2 weeks time. So envy!!

U mean yr dad will be living in bedok central oso? family gang? haha

:good: u gt yr id.. mind share with ask who u engage and the estimated reno cost? will be guide to newbies like us..

U mean yr dad will be living in bedok central oso? family gang? haha

:good: u gt yr id.. mind share with ask who u engage and the estimated reno cost? will be guide to newbies like us..

Yup, family gang :P It is actually through him that I know that there is an enbloc going on and I quickly move ahead to buy one of the units there to enjoy the benefits as well. :D

My ID is IntraDesign (their office is right opposite our new house). Estimated quote that I have got from them is $25K. This includes:-

1) Feature Wall in Living Room

2) Kitchen Cabinets (With blum system for all the drawers and their very own anti-slam system for the cupboards)

3) A walk-in wardrobe in master bedroom

4) Console and side table for master bedroom

5) All window grills plus window in service yard

6) False Ceiling or L-Box in living room and master bed room

7) Laminated surface for all the window ledge

8) Painting (unlimited colour)

9) Chemical Washing

10) Base for Fridge and Washing Machine

11) Shoe Cabinet and also a feature wall to conceal the bomb shelter

However, they did not include the cost for re-wiring and all the additional electrical point cos haven't got the key and hard to estimate the cost now.

By the way, when you got the house, do you have the option of having HDB to do the flooring and the rooms doors for you? I chose to let them do it and kind of regret cos the ceremic flooring does not look very nice to me (I prefer homogenious tiles) and the timber door is kind of boring looking.