Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ah Gon

Wall Mounted Speaker & Amp Built-in Yamaha Ysp-3000?

I second what Vince has said. You should keep the sub and CD player and use them till they fail. Not sure about the specs for the SR-92 but if it can decode DD and DTS and if you are not too much of a HT fanatic, then you can re-use it too. Invest in a good set of main speakers, center and rear surrounds (preferably all from the same model range) and you are good to go! You may need a DVD player though...I suggest getting an Oppo which is by far one of the best DVD players in the market (have to get it 2nd hand as no retail shops stock this brand).

However, all these are just opinions. At the end of the day, it is your money and you will be living with the equipment so it is still good to do your own research and make an informed judgement/choice based on the data gathered.

Wah....owm also know his good HTS stuff. :dancingqueen:

I do happen to have a 9mth old OPPO 970 DVD player for sale if the price is right. This is by far, the best DVD player with SACD capability below the $300 range. This DVD player will compliment any complete HTS & gives out optimum audio/video quality via its HDMI output.

Im eyeing the OPPO983 but its comes with a hefty $550 & the long wait. Then again, the price is reasonable if compared with the Cyrus & Arcam CD player.

cheers

vince

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

vicenzo70 & owm,

All the players are second hand la. i bought it from frens in a package.

The Velodyne model is VAOXXXX (this is a very old model)

Ohh ya, wanna ask some question regarding PS3. I saw the blueray player is around 9++. Is the quality picture of blue ray in PS3 vs the conventional sony blue ray player a big difference?

That is the Philips SoundBar HTS8100. Comes with a built-in DVD player that upscales to 1080p, a radio tuner and also a subwoofer. Not for the hardcore HT fan but it looks **** swee and does a decent job. A very elegant solution as it can be wall mounted together with your LCD TV and has minimal wiring requirements, it has very good wife approval factor too. We bought it at HN at $1,300plus with extended warranty. We considered the Yamaha too but its way too pricey, and wifey thinks it looks ugly. Can't wait for our renovations to be completed and for it to be installed.

For me I actually don really appreciate visual surrond but this is another Philip new hot model. :sport-smiley-004:

hts810059webimage370jn7.jpg

That is the Philips SoundBar HTS8100. Comes with a built-in DVD player that upscales to 1080p, a radio tuner and also a subwoofer. Not for the hardcore HT fan but it looks **** swee and does a decent job. A very elegant solution as it can be wall mounted together with your LCD TV and has minimal wiring requirements, it has very good wife approval factor too. We bought it at HN at $1,300plus with extended warranty. We considered the Yamaha too but its way too pricey, and wifey thinks it looks ugly. Can't wait for our renovations to be completed and for it to be installed.

We tot so too. Only want something that look nice, simple and easy to install, can listen to radio and watch a few movies occasionally. No need for HT system. Besides the philips and yamaha models, any other similar such system?

Good choice! Can take some pics together with ur LCD and post it here when ur reno is completed. ;)

We tot so too. Only want something that look nice, simple and easy to install, can listen to radio and watch a few movies occasionally. No need for HT system. Besides the philips and yamaha models, any other similar such system?

I was quite impress with the performance when I heard it from HN and their design (esp the disc cover) was so cool and most impt is not too pricey that why I start to recommend it here. :P

Edited by Cantona7

My HB's interested in this too (me of course okay with it). You got a good deal, Best quote us $14XX with extended, but we were not ready to commit yet. But our concern is how to mount it. when will you be mounting it, please do share pics with us! :dribble:

Not any time soon unfortunately, am expecting the reno to be completed early July.

when will you be mounting it, please do share pics with us! :dribble: