Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jmania

Citygas Or Cylinder?

My house there no supply of gas pipe. have checked with citygas staff le.

How come you using cylinder gas since u got gas pipe. Is it cos of the ugly piping?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
My house there no supply of gas pipe. have checked with citygas staff le.

How come you using cylinder gas since u got gas pipe. Is it cos of the ugly piping?

My mother also used cylinder gas even though she had piped gas supply for her home,it had been 18 years already...i also dunno why she choose cylinder gas , maybe it is the cost .I heard that last time, house owner who using PUB gas may need to pay a certain fee for "renting"the gas meter outside...of course now using citygas is charged accordding to the meter reading.

Actually i don't really see how much u can save on using cylinder gas...using piped gas is definitely more convenience, no need to purposely wait at home for them to come,it also saved space as HDB kitchen is getting really smaller and lastly, it is generally more safer then the LPG as town gas is also lighter than air.Any case of leak will actually "floated"away as long u keep your window open.

my renovator mentioned that tanked gas burns hotter than piped gas, I don't really know how true is that. Also, maybe u can find out whether anyone did a check on whether CitiGas or tanked gas is cheaper, litre by litre.

I m thinking of using gas water heater storage instead of electricity, is there any pro & con?

Wat I noe is that the gas water storage tank is cheaper & consumption is also cheaper from running electricity.

I heard something like have to install piping outside the bathroom if going to use gas, is this true?

Anyone using pls advice.

Thanks.

k

Edited by welcomegod

I m thinking of using gas water heater storage instead of electricity, is there any pro & con?

Wat I noe is that the gas water storage tank is cheaper & consumption is also cheaper from running electricity.

I heard something like have to install piping outside the bathroom if going to use gas, is this true?

Anyone using pls advice.

Thanks.

k

Before you decide to use storage-type of water heater, consider how many people are living in your home. Many people whose house I have visited only have two people staying. Husband and wife. Why do you need a storage type water heater ? In one of my earlier threads, I have mentioned that unless your household have 6 or more people, having an instant water heater will suffice. It consumes less power and water. No ugly tank above your head !

If you intend to use gas water heater, piping is required. Don't expect to put a LPG tank in your bathroom to heat up the water !

my renovator mentioned that tanked gas burns hotter than piped gas, I don't really know how true is that. Also, maybe u can find out whether anyone did a check on whether CitiGas or tanked gas is cheaper, litre by litre.

I think it is true. I am using both LPG & Citygas (because I got one built-in hob and a standalone all-in-one oven). When I boil water, I noticed that my Union LPG does boil my water faster than with CityGas. As far as cost is concerned, it is about the same.

Before you decide to use storage-type of water heater, consider how many people are living in your home. Many people whose house I have visited only have two people staying. Husband and wife. Why do you need a storage type water heater ? In one of my earlier threads, I have mentioned that unless your household have 6 or more people, having an instant water heater will suffice. It consumes less power and water. No ugly tank above your head !

If you intend to use gas water heater, piping is required. Don't expect to put a LPG tank in your bathroom to heat up the water !

I planing to install a overhead shower, heard that have to install storage-type of water heater to achieve the water pressure. Is that true?

And also heard that even if the house is less then 6 people it is still cheaper as instant water heater consume a lot of electricity.

Edited by welcomegod

LPG and citygas (towngas) are both different in their density.That why may have different in burning, but that is not a concern for most food lover as u know all the resturant and foodcourt in aircon and shopping centre also have to use piped gas.They cannot use LPG .

As for the price, it is subjective..u may pay less on cylinder but not convenient if u ran out of gas...Also, piped gas is definitely safer than LPG