Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
stl67

Materials Used For The Attic Floor

Hi,

Would like to know what kind of materials does the contractor normally used for the Attic floor to support the roof structure? Is it those long and solid steel beam or normal concrete wall used for the first and 2nd floor?

Which one is cheaper?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Attic floor can be RC or timber depending on costs and load. As for the roof, it is now more common to be steel as it allows for more space utlisation in the attic, as against the normal tile roof. Supporting struture can be reinforced beams from the ground up together with steel I beams.

i seems to see more by solid steel than wood, unless you specifically requested for it and your theme is very balinese.

As for price, i have no idea but my guest will have to be wood as being the more expensive option. The reason is really, you need some hard wood that will last....and i think this cost money.

:dancingqueen:

Hi,

Would like to know what kind of materials does the contractor normally used for the Attic floor to support the roof structure? Is it those long and solid steel beam or normal concrete wall used for the first and 2nd floor?

Which one is cheaper?