Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
joper

Mattress Shopping - Any Recommendation

Have you ever slept in a really comfortable mattress that you just don't feel like waking up and wish you can spend the rest of your day lazing on the bed? Any recommendation on which brand of mattress give one the most support yet soft & comfortable sleep? Please let me know, I am shopping for new bed, every brand has their selling point but i guess users speak the truth!!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Have you ever slept in a really comfortable mattress that you just don't feel like waking up and wish you can spend the rest of your day lazing on the bed? Any recommendation on which brand of mattress give one the most support yet soft & comfortable sleep? Please let me know, I am shopping for new bed, every brand has their selling point but i guess users speak the truth!!

Style Master is it! :)

If you have the budget, go for Simmons.

I am using MaxCoil myself, equally good :good:

I'm looking for a Simmons Queen Size Mattress... Recommended models?

i bought a Backcare 4..only paid deposit..gd model to buy?

How much is it for Queen Size and where did you get it from?

:good: Oasis Lifestyle Mattress!

I using it myself. Not a big brand but comfortable, good workship! :)

Edited by t00t

Hi just checking, please don't flame me.

I'm sourcing some bulk buying of mattress to get some discount.

I intend to buy the princebed memory form mattress, defu quote me $1599 for the queen size, but from a sale guy by the name of biznet, he quote me only $1299 and if i can get 2 or more he can further discount another 5-10%. I find this company when my ID bring me to their show flat at JM, its those poster paste on the lift.

If anyone interested please PM me.

Thanks

I'm planning to get Serta. Prefer it over simmons and sealy after trying them all... I think all matteresses should have some discount in the upcoming GSS so be patient!

I'm planning to get Serta. Prefer it over simmons and sealy after trying them all... I think all matteresses should have some discount in the upcoming GSS so be patient!

only use king coil & dunlopillo before..is Simmons good?? maybe have to go try "sleeping" around.. :P

me waiting for GSS now and will grab all items at the same time...duno got wat attractive discount..

only use king coil & dunlopillo before..is Simmons good?? maybe have to go try "sleeping" around.. :P

me waiting for GSS now and will grab all items at the same time...duno got wat attractive discount..

"Good" is relative to the person sleeping on the bed. For me and my fiancee, we tried the 3 big S and Serta has a model that we both like. Think you have to really go lie on all the beds. Initially we were pai seh to lie but then we realised that only by really trying it out can we make an informed decision. So ended up going to all the showroom to try. :)

"Good" is relative to the person sleeping on the bed. For me and my fiancee, we tried the 3 big S and Serta has a model that we both like. Think you have to really go lie on all the beds. Initially we were pai seh to lie but then we realised that only by really trying it out can we make an informed decision. So ended up going to all the showroom to try. :)

hmm agreed with you..today just burnt BIG BIG hole in pocket...cannot tahan to wait till GSS..

brought this mattress think called memory foam wor...tried and husband like it soo much that we just decided without going to other place to check out..think not much review on this brand ya? the SA said wat density 80 is the best bla bla bla...but infact we tried and think it is quite comfy and the mattress can adjust to our body weight...

There are tons of threads on mattresses in this forum. Do a quick search and you can read about everyone's comments and opinions. I have since learnt that really, it depends on personal choice. As long as you feel that it's comfortable, go ahead and buy it. Also, think LONG TERM. You will be using that mattress for probably at least 10 years. Don't just buy the cheapest one (nor the most expensive one!). Spend a bit of time doing research and go try as many mattresses as you can. Then, narrow down to top 3 or 2 based on your budget and comfort level. In this way, you won't get confused because there are A LOT of mattresses out there.

I did lots of research and finally, decided on a Dunlopillo. Bought it at Furniture Mall's Dunlopillo Suite. A word of advise is: Go and check out the actual suppliers rather than the retail shops. They are usually able to throw in more freebies/give a better discount because they don't need to pay middleman prices. As such, even when Robinsons/Isetan gives XX% discount during sale, it'd probably still can't beat the prices at the suppliers themselves.

Listen to the sales people but do not believe EVERYTHING they say. Learn about the advantages and disadvantages and then make a note if those advantages are important to you. There are a lot of "frills" that come with mattresses these days so don't buy into it! Of course, sales people are going to tell you that THEIR mattress is THE BEST. You have to make the final decision :)

Also, some of the suppliers' showroom have showroom-only pieces that are not sold at the retail shops.

One last point: Don't "buy" into all the marketing. Ultimately, remember that the more they spend on marketing, it just pushes up the price of the mattress you are paying. I am always surprised when I read of homeowners buying the Serta mattress - quote - because the sheep is very cute! - unquote. Oh dear, please buy a mattress because it FITS you. Not because of the sheep! Can go to any toy shop to get a toy sheep, really.

Just sharing my personal experience. Hope this is useful for anyone shopping for mattress! I am just so glad I can finally stop my research on mattresses because it was tiring. Hehe.

PS. One more thing - Don't buy a mattress because you like how it looks. Remember that you will be putting a pretty bedsheet over it!!! :D

Edited by ene

Should wait for GSS? Seen many so-called "sales" already, even Robinsons now having sale. When does the GSS start exactly?