Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
loli

Goodrich Wallpaper

Heard a lot of rave about Goodrich's great wallpapers. has anyone bought from it before? How do we go know how much we need for wallpapering? Does Goodrich provide labour to help us put it up? If not, where can we get help?

hope some kind souls can advise.. thanks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
i did not use wallpaper, but have gone to their store in Changi for browsing and enquires. different designs have different dimensions, u can bring down yr scaled floorplan for estimation. yes they do provide installation + warranty. http://www.goodrichglobal.com

oh they do installation? then how come my id say they dun?! how long is the warranty?

oh they do installation? then how come my id say they dun?! how long is the warranty?

I understand from my ID that wallpaper should always be installed last, when ALL your renos have ended. The wallpaper supplier will provide the installation and the material. Not sure about warranty but you can always check with Goodrich. Just pop by their office at Changi. LOTS to choose!

Click on the search button and do a search for 'Goodrich' or 'wallpaper'. Other forumers including myself have posted on this matter before.

I understand from my ID that wallpaper should always be installed last, when ALL your renos have ended. The wallpaper supplier will provide the installation and the material. Not sure about warranty but you can always check with Goodrich. Just pop by their office at Changi. LOTS to choose!

thanks for the info. will pop by to find out more.

do you know of any other companies that sell and install wallpapers?

do you know of any other companies that sell and install wallpapers?

Are you using an ID for your renos? If you are, you can check with them because I know there are many other companies out there who do wallpaper, other than Goodrich. Off hand now, I can't remember the names. Sorry! :)

Hi, GoodRich is one of the most reliable and reputable company for wallpaper. They have lots of wallpaper, mostly from Europe. Be prepare to spent a couple of hours there as the selection is HUGE. Price varies, the sale staff will be able to quote you a estimated price based on the area you want to install.

When you have selected and paid the deposit, somebody will do a site visit to measure the area onsite and a final quote will be given by the sales. Service is not bad :notti:

When you have selected and paid the deposit, somebody will do a site visit to measure the area onsite and a final quote will be given by the sales. Service is not bad :notti:

Service is not bad? Hmm. I had a vastly difference experience from you. It was my second visit to the showroom. Our first visit was on a weekend and it was packed so we just helped ourselves and looked at the samples, etc. Did not speak with any sales staff because they all looked super busy.

Just a couple of hours ago, we popped into their showroom at Changi again. It is a Tuesday afternoon and we were the ONLY customers in the entire showroom. Again, not a single person approached us. No biggie. I went to one lady who looked very busy on her laptop to ask nicely if we can see some samples similar to a particular one on their wall. She got up with a "one-type" face, went to the shelves and pulled out a couple. She then went back to her laptop.

Hmm.

Ok fine. So we just browsed the selection. We actually wanted some help but seeing that every sales staff there looked very busy and perhaps we were invisible, we just compared wallpapers and in the end, settled on two patterns. Again, I went up to the same girl and asked her for a quote. I gave her all our wall measurements and asked her for 2 quotes. She looked as if I just took her precious time away from her work and grudgingly went to calculate the price. Let's just say that I ask one question, she answer one question. I asked if nett price, she say, must add GST. I ask can you add for me? Then she added.

Faints.

By then, I was getting annoyed. It's not as if I'm buying a $8 item can?! I wasn't expecting BRILLIANT service but some sort of BASIC service would be appreciated.

Best thing is, when I wanted to confirm my order, she disappeared! :dunno: Maybe she was hungry because I think she ran away for lunch. It was about 12.30pm then.

I had to ask another staff to help me and even though she was less curt, she was still less than friendly. Again, I felt as if I was 'intruding' on their work.

WAH LAU EH!

I called my ID to ask him and he said, the showroom people all very dao one. Tsk tsk. I hate to go to places where I'm paying them and I have to put up with their bad attitude. I repeat, I wasn't a difficult customer. I was asking very basic questions (I think I asked like THREE qns at most!) and already, their attitude was horrendous to say the least.

It probably stems from the fact that no matter what kind of s*** attitude they give, people are still going to go to them. WTH.

Ok, rant over :sport-smiley-003:

i went there at least 3 times, served by different ppl who gave good service, though I told them I'm just browsing for ideas..mm.. i guess all the good salesman having Off days?

i had the same experience as well!!!! the people there are so dao!!!

in the end my ID recommend another firm and we had a good experience with them. charges are reasonable as well. overall we are satisfied with their service.

Service is not bad? Hmm. I had a vastly difference experience from you. It was my second visit to the showroom. Our first visit was on a weekend and it was packed so we just helped ourselves and looked at the samples, etc. Did not speak with any sales staff because they all looked super busy.

Just a couple of hours ago, we popped into their showroom at Changi again. It is a Tuesday afternoon and we were the ONLY customers in the entire showroom. Again, not a single person approached us. No biggie. I went to one lady who looked very busy on her laptop to ask nicely if we can see some samples similar to a particular one on their wall. She got up with a "one-type" face, went to the shelves and pulled out a couple. She then went back to her laptop.

Hmm.

Ok fine. So we just browsed the selection. We actually wanted some help but seeing that every sales staff there looked very busy and perhaps we were invisible, we just compared wallpapers and in the end, settled on two patterns. Again, I went up to the same girl and asked her for a quote. I gave her all our wall measurements and asked her for 2 quotes. She looked as if I just took her precious time away from her work and grudgingly went to calculate the price. Let's just say that I ask one question, she answer one question. I asked if nett price, she say, must add GST. I ask can you add for me? Then she added.

Faints.

By then, I was getting annoyed. It's not as if I'm buying a $8 item can?! I wasn't expecting BRILLIANT service but some sort of BASIC service would be appreciated.

Best thing is, when I wanted to confirm my order, she disappeared! :dunno: Maybe she was hungry because I think she ran away for lunch. It was about 12.30pm then.

I had to ask another staff to help me and even though she was less curt, she was still less than friendly. Again, I felt as if I was 'intruding' on their work.

WAH LAU EH!

I called my ID to ask him and he said, the showroom people all very dao one. Tsk tsk. I hate to go to places where I'm paying them and I have to put up with their bad attitude. I repeat, I wasn't a difficult customer. I was asking very basic questions (I think I asked like THREE qns at most!) and already, their attitude was horrendous to say the least.

It probably stems from the fact that no matter what kind of s*** attitude they give, people are still going to go to them. WTH.

Ok, rant over :sport-smiley-003:

i had the same experience as well!!!! the people there are so dao!!!

in the end my ID recommend another firm and we had a good experience with them. charges are reasonable as well. overall we are satisfied with their service.

Ah, glad to know that I wasn't the only who experience weird service there. We, unfortunately, have confirmed our orders with them. The guy who came down on-site to measure the walls was very friendly though. Young chap.

They were also quite quick with their quotations and email responses. Maybe after they realise that you are a done deal, then their service starts? :rolleyes:

Goodrich wallpaper can range from the cheap $60/+ to good quality/latest design $200/-.

They are the main supplier of wallpaper in AsiaPacific and has been in the business for years.

They charge about $300/- installation for first 4 rolls and subsequent roll, they'll charge further, sth

like $50/- additional and more.

Generally for one wall in a bedroom, it's about 3 rolls. For a wall in a living room it's about 4 rolls.

A lot depends on the design you choose as well, coz diff rolls come in different length etc..

so you can budget about $600-800/per wall. Yes, wallpapering is expensive.

It's best you go to their gallery (open daily till 6pm) to view their huge range of designs.

You can engage your contractor to put up the wallpaper for you, which may be slightly cheaper

in terms of workmanship cost. Note that it takes about 2-3 weeks for each wallpaper order as

they have to order from Europe.

Most contractors/design houses get their wallpaper from Goodrich as well.

They do give 3 years warranty for their workmanship (not wear/tear).

BTW, if you think wallpapering is not in your budget, consider walldecals which is all the rage nowadays.

About S$100-200 to buy the stickers to do it yourself. check out modishop.