Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
loli

Wc

i am in somewhat a dilemma.. we have just bot a 6 yr old flat which was immaculately maintained, including the WCs. Still we decided to engage an ID to do overhaul on kitchen and living/dining, and these already cost us a bomb. Thus, we were thinking of trying to reduce costs to see if we could keep some of the items left behind by the ex-owner.

All other appliances are easy to decide, except for WCs. Personlly I prefer to change all WCs as I dun really like the idea of using the same toilet bowls that have been used for 6 years by other people. however, when we checked the WCs, they are actually in good condition. Furthermore, it is Caroma. Incidentally, we checked the price of the model from Sim Siang Choon, it costs at least $500 each. Wouldn't it be a waste to hack them away? I dun think we can afford to buy such expensive WCs as there are so many items we need to take care of.

the other thing that rather confused me is that my ID told me that the WCs cannot be put back once it is taken out (we are going to hack everyting in the toilets for reno). But someone else told me it can be done.

So which is true?

Confused...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
i am in somewhat a dilemma.. we have just bot a 6 yr old flat which was immaculately maintained, including the WCs. Still we decided to engage an ID to do overhaul on kitchen and living/dining, and these already cost us a bomb. Thus, we were thinking of trying to reduce costs to see if we could keep some of the items left behind by the ex-owner.

All other appliances are easy to decide, except for WCs. Personlly I prefer to change all WCs as I dun really like the idea of using the same toilet bowls that have been used for 6 years by other people. however, when we checked the WCs, they are actually in good condition. Furthermore, it is Caroma. Incidentally, we checked the price of the model from Sim Siang Choon, it costs at least $500 each. Wouldn't it be a waste to hack them away? I dun think we can afford to buy such expensive WCs as there are so many items we need to take care of.

the other thing that rather confused me is that my ID told me that the WCs cannot be put back once it is taken out (we are going to hack everyting in the toilets for reno). But someone else told me it can be done.

So which is true?

Confused...

Are u doing the re-plumbling? If you are should not have any problem in putting the WC back.

Edited by ali50n

Are u doing the re-plumbling? If you are should not have any problem in putting the WC back.

sorry what's replumbing? Is it the same as re-piping? If yes, we are. according to the id, the reason he gave is that once he dimantle it from the wall, it cannot be put back. Can you pls tell me how it is possible to put it back when we do repiping?