Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Melissa Ng

Our Humble Haven

hail to fellow cresto user CutePinkElephant! :P

mel...tat photo u took wif pat is so funny! :D didn't occur to us to take 1 wif him. :unsure:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hahah ya lor...as long can do cut-cut chop chop can use liao larr....even plastic.... :sport-smiley-004: but if i can afford i want granite de.... :~:~

mm luckily we dun cook. so anything also can ba. granite more lasting. if cook more it's worthwhile? :)

mm luckily we dun cook. so anything also can ba. granite more lasting. if cook more it's worthwhile? :)

In terms of lastingness, still depends on maintenance i guess.. the installer say that if the washing detergent always get on the Granite, it can change the granite colour. So whenever i wash dishes, some detergent tend to spill on the granite, then i always 'kan cheong' faster wipe off.

If you're a light kitchen users, solid surface shld be good enough.. It cleans easily with soap and water.. Also no the need for periodic sealers like granite :good: For me i'm just particular abt scratches, cos i like to use big heavy pots (may tend to drag), so will feel very heart pain if see scratch on black solid surface

** some tips for solid surface **

Solid surface countertops are virtually maintenance-free. They are perfect for busy people who do not have a lot of time to spend on cleaning and maintaining their kitchen. They are also perfect for people who like to give out parties, bake for the family, or cook for friends and loved ones. Solid surface countertops can take a lot of abuse, so it is the perfect material for kitchen countertops. Solid surface is the ideal material for bar countertops or vanity countertops where spills and stains are most likely to happen. Solid surface countertops can still look beautiful and new even without the extra care.

Solid surface countertops can stain when you spill food, drinks, chemicals, or any liquid with color on the surface. However, because they are nonporous, the stain does not penetrate deep into the solid surface. The stain would not be permanent. It can easily be removed by wiping it out or scrubbing the affected surface. Their regular maintenance only requires washing the surface with a solution of soap and water to maintain their shine and beauty. Solid surface countertops do not need sealing unlike most natural stone countertops. Their tight seams and nonporous surface prevent molds, mildew, germs, and bacteria from inhabiting and growing on the surface. You can have a sanitized and germ-free kitchen with a solid surface countertop.

Difficult stains

There can be some stains that cannot be removed by simply scrubbing them with soap and water. If you find yourself having a hard time removing a stain on your solid surface countertop, you can try soaking the affected area with a mild household cleaner such as Windex or Lysol for approximately 10 minutes. Afterwards, rinse it with water and wipe with a soft Scotch Brite pad. You can remove dry and hardened particles such as gum or food by scraping it off the surface using a putty remover or a blade. To clean further, wash the area with soap and warm water. Be careful with the blade or the putty remover because it can scratch the surface of your solid surface countertop. However, if you do scratch the surface, you can always remedy this problem by buffing it with a brush or polish.

Chemicals to avoid

When cleaning difficult stains or when simply giving your solid surface countertop its regular maintenance, never use harsh cleaning chemicals such as Liquid Plummer or Drano. Also, do not use floor stripper cleaners and oven cleaners because these harsh chemicals can warp the surface or diminish the color of your countertop. It is very easy to remove stains on a solid surface countertop, so there is no need to use harsh chemicals that can only compound the problem.

Hi Mel,

May I ask the cost for your Kitchen?

Hi mivec2.4,

Sorry for the late reply.. my kitchen cost abt $3300 (cabinet + top)

Edited by mel

Hi Mel,

Thanks! Notice that not many ppl choose to use black colour top (for Kitchen) white is more popular. Your colour combination is nice plus the 'little retangle tile' (sorry, maybe is not tile) with different colour just look great. Kitchen cabinet without handle looks more classy. 'Thumb-up'! :good:

Hi Mel,

Thanks! Notice that not many ppl choose to use black colour top (for Kitchen) white is more popular. Your colour combination is nice plus the 'little retangle tile' (sorry, maybe is not tile) with different colour just look great. Kitchen cabinet without handle looks more classy. 'Thumb-up'! :good:

Hi Mivec2.4,

Really really appreciate your kind compliments :) Thank you :)

p/s: yes, you're right, those little rectangles are indeed tiles :D