Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
star77

Is It Redundant To Have A Feature Wall Behind Ur Tv If You Do Not Wall Mount?

Hi,

like to ask for some opinions before my capentry start.

Initially I have a feature wall because I am thinking of wall mounting my TV Panel.

If i decided not to wall mount my TV panel, will it be redundant or waste of money to have the feature wall behind the TV?

Thanks in adance :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

The feature wall, as the name implies, is a feature. So its purpose is to beautify. To have or not to have, well...that largely depends on whether you think its beautiful or not lor.

But I duno why you relate it to your wall mount TV...?

I have a differnt problem. I have a high ceiling living room, and I will be mounting my 40 or 42 inch TV on the wall. Question - Besides using wall paper, any suggestion for other decor idea for the wall because the 40 inch TV looks small on a long high wall. I thought of putting a rectangular painting or object on the wall above the LCD TV - but it will look odd.

I have a differnt problem. I have a high ceiling living room, and I will be mounting my 40 or 42 inch TV on the wall. Question - Besides using wall paper, any suggestion for other decor idea for the wall because the 40 inch TV looks small on a long high wall. I thought of putting a rectangular painting or object on the wall above the LCD TV - but it will look odd.

Instead of painting, I would suggest putting mirror on above the TV. You can choose black tinted mirror, bronze tinted mirror and normal clear mirror. Laminates are also commonly used from TV feature wall. Now the laminates come with many designs (motifs, wood grains, leather-feel, etc) and texture (matt, high-gloss, metalic, etc). Nowadays wall papers also comes with many different designs and texture. We came across one wall paper which has a "pebble-wash" kind of feel.

You could ask you ID to play around with different materials, texture and even lightings for your feature wall. :sport-smiley-004: