Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jeremylm

Mr Lim's New Family

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

haiz... they cleaned up... but we are clean freak... so we vacuum, magic clean, mop... We wait for it to dry then walk over it and.... Footprints are still THERE!!!!

I think the problems lies with the laminate ppl lo.... This is the first time such a thing happen and we are the first who encounter and also the first to use this new batch of floorboard!

Dunno isit good or bad to be the first to try......

haiz... they cleaned up... but we are clean freak... so we vacuum, magic clean, mop... We wait for it to dry then walk over it and.... Footprints are still THERE!!!!

I think the problems lies with the laminate ppl lo.... This is the first time such a thing happen and we are the first who encounter and also the first to use this new batch of floorboard!

Dunno isit good or bad to be the first to try......

Hi,

we are using the same laminate(brand and colour). i do not have this prob.. but there are white dusty like stains on the laminates after weeks.. seems to be dust accumulated and we are able to clean it off.. no footprint though..

i think beta tell them come down n solve the prob.. so far u gt any other prb on this laminate?

but the laminates si mei de loh... :)

Hi,

we are using the same laminate(brand and colour). i do not have this prob.. but there are white dusty like stains on the laminates after weeks.. seems to be dust accumulated and we are able to clean it off.. no footprint though..

i think beta tell them come down n solve the prob.. so far u gt any other prb on this laminate?

but the laminates si mei de loh... :)

Ya.. I do agree that the laminates is nice lo... I love it at first sight......

Our first batch of laminates are not dusk... Duno y after using thinner to clean off also cant go off... So their office decide to strip off and redo with new one.....

Duno whether izit becoz of their new batch of laminates with wax over it that leave all the footprints.... And their guys told mi all the footprints will only go away after 3 mths... haiz.... Causing mi so much problem that i got to delay the delivery of my bed again......

and... I don't want to have this mess again lo.... So sian.....

Look at the mess they all did.... And the workers never even bother to take care of the walls... Anyhw place the floorboards in my Living room without any protection...... and the painter need to come back and touch up some of the paints in all 3 rooms and living room....

img6059qu7.th.jpg img6055ww2.th.jpg

img6053at8.th.jpg img6052ug8.th.jpg

img6051kr7.th.jpg

Look at the mess they all did.... And the workers never even bother to take care of the walls... Anyhw place the floorboards in my Living room without any protection...... and the painter need to come back and touch up some of the paints in all 3 rooms and living room....

img6059qu7.th.jpg img6055ww2.th.jpg

img6053at8.th.jpg img6052ug8.th.jpg

img6051kr7.th.jpg

I likde your kitchen a lot!! :good::good:

Where do you allocated your bed inside your MBR? According to the photo that you post, the toilet door must be face your bed right? Do you mind about the fengshui? Actually i do have the same organize as you (exactly the same). I found that the whole MBR are so moisture and do have a smell. Mind to take the photo of your complete bedroom after you allocated the bed? TIA.

You have build in wardrobe, will it make the walk way become very narrow?

ya lo.. the messy that the worker created is :furious: .. but bo bian lo if we wan ourhse to be nice.. :)

I likde your kitchen a lot!! :good::good:

Where do you allocated your bed inside your MBR? According to the photo that you post, the toilet door must be face your bed right? Do you mind about the fengshui? Actually i do have the same organize as you (exactly the same). I found that the whole MBR are so moisture and do have a smell. Mind to take the photo of your complete bedroom after you allocated the bed? TIA.

You have build in wardrobe, will it make the walk way become very narrow?

Thanks for the compliment for my kitchen.

The bed is just outside the toilet as thats the only place where we can place the bed. We do not mind about feng shui. Just that we will try to keep as far as possible from the toilet entrance. Maybe what u can do it to close the toilet door every night before going to sleep.

The pic with bed can only be taken after delivery which is scheduled on the 10 jan.

Yap, we have a build-in wardrobe. My walk way is just nice for walking since as we wall mounted the TV.

Thanks!

Jeremy

ya lo.. the messy that the worker created is :furious: .. but bo bian lo if we wan ourhse to be nice.. :)

Yah lor. All because of the laminated flooring that delayed handing over of the house from my contractor. but all along my contractor;April has been very helpful in getting the defects corrected.

Jeremy, i have asked my ID 4 ya. he said normally wouldn't have this kinda problem. unless hmmm...maybe the laminates got problem. is the laminates quality high-density pressed? did you ask your contractor abt this? its made in where? etc...got warranty rite? how long is the warranty? wow, take pics of your walk-in. i would love to have 1, but due to costs factors, cannot leh.

Jeremy, i have asked my ID 4 ya. he said normally wouldn't have this kinda problem. unless hmmm...maybe the laminates got problem. is the laminates quality high-density pressed? did you ask your contractor abt this? its made in where? etc...got warranty rite? how long is the warranty? wow, take pics of your walk-in. i would love to have 1, but due to costs factors, cannot leh.

Hi

Thanks for helping to ask ur ID.

I will check the following things with my Laminated flooring provider.

I do not have walk in wardrobe but build in wardrobe. =)

Thanks!

Hi

Thanks for helping to ask ur ID.

I will check the following things with my Laminated flooring provider.

I do not have walk in wardrobe but build in wardrobe. =)

Thanks!

U didn't have any new pics to upload? how's your laminated flooring now?

U didn't have any new pics to upload? how's your laminated flooring now?

after cleaning of 1 whole day by the contractor and using almost the whole body of magic clean.... Its better but..... Footprints still visible lo.... Haiz....

But i got warranty and gurantee from the laminate company that if by 6 months the footprints dont go off, then they will need to change the floorboard to a lighter color.....

after cleaning of 1 whole day by the contractor and using almost the whole body of magic clean.... Its better but..... Footprints still visible lo.... Haiz....

But i got warranty and gurantee from the laminate company that if by 6 months the footprints dont go off, then they will need to change the floorboard to a lighter color.....

But changing will be such a headache... but seeing the footprints all the time is horrible too. *sigh* Hope all goes well for you guys!

haiz.. its time to update here again....

Problems and problems and problems with my laminates!!!!!!!

Previously was old floorboard installed and found that there are lots of white stains and got to strip of all floorboards for all 3 rooms....

Now... All 3 rooms installed with new floorboards and all 3 rooms have lots and lots of footprints which cant be wiped off!!!! ARRGH!!!! This is so frustrating!!!!! I need to move in soon and how am i going to clean off all the footprints....

Feedback from the laminate contractor that this is a new batch of floorboard with wax over it to have some resistant against water..... and need to be cleaned off using hot water.....

I think i cleaned the new floorboard for like 3 times and after that i walk past and i still can see footprints lo!!!!

Not sure if you all cant see the footprints on the floor....

img6070nd3.th.jpg img6067qj0.th.jpg

Anyway.. This is the packaging of the laminates...

Brand is TARKETT

img6063ib7.th.jpg

Hi Mafia_lim,

I am afraid your laminate floor is not TARKETT brand. It is EXQUISITE from china. Thats why there is quality problem.

Edited by Laminate Floor Expert